5 of your favorite ways to throw each strike

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what are your 5 favorite ways to throw any strike (jab, cross, hook, uppercut)?

Jab: 1. explosive jab
2. step out jab
3. sit down jab
4. slip jab
5. basic jab (i don't know what to call it but thats probably the most useful jab is the basic jab)

right hand: 1. slip right hand
2. side step right hand
3. rear lunge step right hand (i forgot what it's called but aparently its a right hand that shane carwin used against brock lesner)
4. superman right hand (yes i just called it a superman right hand, don't judge me lol)
5. lean back counter right hand
hook: 1. shoulder roll hook
2. ducking hook
3. duck under hook
4. slip hook
5. check hook (i haven't used it yet, but whenever i was doing offense defense it would be a lot easier then doing it in sparring because of the heat of the moment)

uppercut: 1. bolo punch (haven't used it yet because it takes a little more timing and with me it's a little slower)
2. shifting uppercut
3. drop shoulder uppercut
4. shoulder roll counter uppercut
5. side step uppercut

obviously everybody has their own little version of every punch, i want to hear what you guys favorite version is. obviously if your trained in boxing then you know a wide variety of these punches.

Last edited:
bang jab
bang cross
bang hook
bang kick

Step jab: a jab from a parental figure who married one your actual parents after a divorce or cult joining
Christmas jab: a jab with so much technique its like a present for the sparee
Plymouth rock: a stiff jab for those pilgrims to land on works equally well on non pilgrims because they don't land on the jab, it lands on them.
Peppering the jab: just tapping up some grapplers with dat lete boxer hand speed making sambo practitioners flee.
Versailles jab: a devastating jab that will leave your opponent destitute and ruined although it can back fire because opponents tend to come back after a long period of economic depression as a radicalized powerhouse

Left kick, left kick, left kick, more left kick, and finish with the left kick.

Back