5 Reasons that Sonnen will beat Fedor

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
1. Fedor's chin is gone.

Maldonado rocked him good, Mitrione finished him and Mir also hurt him. They say Sonnen is small so he won't have a power to do so, against Dan Henderson Fedor weighed in at 223, and Sonnen weighed in at 222 against Rampage Jackson.

2. Fedor's grappling is gone.

Fedor's judo credentials are better than most Judo practitioners, as well as his Sambo credentials are second to none. But, he has been looking like shit in his training vids, notwithstanding that one judo throw, he doesn't use his grappling much at all, and he doesn't really have a guard game

3. Fedor's speed is gone.

Fedor used to be lightening fast, but he doesn't really have that speed anymore. Even his coaches mentioned before how fast he was when he used to hit mitts, but unfortunately, he just isn't the same fighter at 41. Shocker

4. Fedor's power is gone.

He used to be very well built guy though he might not have been the biggest guy out there, muscling guys like Noguiera, but he couldn't really push around Maldonado out of all fucking people.

5. Fedor's IQ is gone.

People, not just fighters and fans, but well known coaches, used to talk about how smart Fedor is inside the ring or the cage, like Greg Jackson or Zahabi, etc....but this guy all he does right now is swing for the fences pretty much.

For me, since 2005, Fedor has been the greatest of all time. Since Sonnen debuted, for me he has been nothing but a scrub who just happen to be able to compete in the weakest division of all time while roiding. Big mouth but nothing more or less.

I don't want to live in a world where someone like Sonnen would beat Fedor, but facts are facts. Sonnen took down Rampage at will, and if you actually look at common opponents between Rampage and Fedor, Rampage showed a lot better takedown defenses against Arona and Randleman. It could be argued how ever Sonnen fought Hampage instead.

War Fedor nonetheless

GOAT > TRT Sonnen

Cheats mask their cowardice with "legal" or illegal PEDs because they are inferior to true fighters like the GOAT, Fedor Emelianenko.

When the GOAT trains and is motivated, cheats get Murr'dered.

Sonnen will get smashed inside round 1.

You're delusional and I don't entertain delusion so: TLDR.

GOAT > TRT Sonnen

Cheats mask their cowardice with "legal" or illegal PEDs because they are inferior to true fighters like the GOAT, Fedor Emelianenko.

When the GOAT trains and is motivated, cheats get Murr'dered.

Sonnen will get smashed inside round 1.

You're delusional and I don't entertain delusion so: TLDR.
prideroidcontract.jpg

Chael fought in organization that tests, meanwhile Fedor could use anything he wants...

Also you can't really lose grappling, sure he might not be as strong as he was but you don't forget how to roll.

prideroidcontract.jpg

Chael fought in organization that tests, meanwhile Fedor could use anything he wants...
Facts vs assumption.

Go get smashed by Yoel Romero some more.

Fedor = GOAT who is smashing even at 41 with a clean record and is a legend endorsed by all your heros itself.

Facts vs assumption.

Go get smashed by Yoel Romero some more.

Fedor = GOAT who is smashing even at 41 with a clean record and is a legend endorsed by all your heros itself.
He's clean cuz' he wasn't tested.

<36>

Seriously though, TS should be banned for life.

I agree that Cheap can double leg Fedor but I just don' see him holding him down as easy Fedor won' settle on bottom as much as Rampage did .

I agree Fedor has lost all of those things, but even without them he is still better than sonnen.

theres alot i disagree with here. but ill pick 1.

Chael took rampage down at will?

Fedor has declined to such an extent that he is very vulnerable. He has to land his shot. Chael looked ok on the feet against a washed Rampage. Fedor has to wind up on top of Chael on the ground, that’s the easiest way to stop him.

1. Fedor's chin is gone.

Maldonado rocked him good, Mitrione finished him and Mir also hurt him. They say Sonnen is small so he won't have a power to do so, against Dan Henderson Fedor weighed in at 223, and Sonnen weighed in at 222 against Rampage Jackson.

2. Fedor's grappling is gone.

Fedor's judo credentials are better than most Judo practitioners, as well as his Sambo credentials are second to none. But, he has been looking like shit in his training vids, notwithstanding that one judo throw, he doesn't use his grappling much at all, and he doesn't really have a guard game

3. Fedor's speed is gone.

Fedor used to be lightening fast, but he doesn't really have that speed anymore. Even his coaches mentioned before how fast he was when he used to hit mitts, but unfortunately, he just isn't the same fighter at 41. Shocker

4. Fedor's power is gone.

He used to be very well built guy though he might not have been the biggest guy out there, muscling guys like Noguiera, but he couldn't really push around Maldonado out of all fucking people.

5. Fedor's IQ is gone.

People, not just fighters and fans, but well known coaches, used to talk about how smart Fedor is inside the ring or the cage, like Greg Jackson or Zahabi, etc....but this guy all he does right now is swing for the fences pretty much.

For me, since 2005, Fedor has been the greatest of all time. Since Sonnen debuted, for me he has been nothing but a scrub who just happen to be able to compete in the weakest division of all time while roiding. Big mouth but nothing more or less.

I don't want to live in a world where someone like Sonnen would beat Fedor, but facts are facts. Sonnen took down Rampage at will, and if you actually look at common opponents between Rampage and Fedor, Rampage showed a lot better takedown defenses against Arona and Randleman. It could be argued how ever Sonnen fought Hampage instead.

War Fedor nonetheless
And Fedor fought many guys (not all) paid to take a fall in his entire Japanese career. Not to mention his freak show fights against guys that were either 400 pounds or 8 feet tall.

Hence why most Pride fighters struggled to beat top 5 guys once they came to America. They have but struggled. When Forrest Griffin chokes out a Shogun Rua, or Cro Cop gets put to sleep by a comedian Brendan Schaub...
Go ahead. Hate me now

Last edited:
And Fedor fought many guys (not all) paid to take a fall in his entire Japanese career. Not to mention his freak show fights against guys that were either 400 pounds or 8 feet tall.

Go ahead. Hate me now

I dont hate on handicapped people, mentally or physically.

Back