5 Reasons that Sonnen will beat Fedor

Ok bro lol. You dont like my opinion on fighters padded records and thats ok. You clearly dont like knowledgeable people that go the extra mile to do the research, I respect your opinion. Your one of those people that like to ignore the fact most of the fighters that came from PRIDE couldn't beat top 5 guys and lost to mediocre TUFFERS lol. Those who did, beat fighters out of their prime.

It does'nt show much knowledge or research and in fact actually shows complete ignorance or willful dishonesty on your part. That you don't point out the facts that pride was fought in a ring not a cage, that elbows on the ground where illegal, that soccer kicks to the head where legal and if you where not active on the ground you would get carded stood up and eventually lose points shows that you are either a dishonest POS or a casual. Im betting on casual with a heavy dash of dishonesty.

Last edited:
I think Fedor is going to completely destroy him tbh.

Sonnen is a good MW, and a decent fighter overall, but even past his prime, Fedor is on another level.

Also you can't really lose grappling, sure he might not be as strong as he was but you don't forget how to roll.

? Sure you can. If you stop training grappling and focus on standup, you lose the skillset. Askren talked about that recently in relation to his fight with Hieron. He trained standup exclusively for a few months prior to the Hieron fight and almost got outgrappled by an inferior grappler.

Grappling is hard to do if you have recurring knee, back or shoulder injuries. GSP lost much of his shoot speed towards the end of his tenure as a result of messed up knees.

Rampage stopped grappling entirely because his back and knees were shot. Cruz has lost a step in the grappling department as well due to recurring knee injuries.

Grappling like any skill needs to be trained constantly or it atrophies like any other skill.

No doubt Fedor has a ton of wear and tear on his body which has led him to focusing almost exclusively on standup. I can't even recall seeing him try to take anyone down in any of his recent fights.

GOAT > TRT Sonnen

Cheats mask their cowardice with "legal" or illegal PEDs because they are inferior to true fighters like the GOAT, Fedor Emelianenko.

When the GOAT trains and is motivated, cheats get Murr'dered.

Sonnen will get smashed inside round 1.

You're delusional and I don't entertain delusion so: TLDR.

You again? Like a broken record... Fedor competed for the majority of his career without any drug testing. I am not pointing fingers at him as he hasn't failed a drug test but there are plenty of guys who fought in Pride that juiced that never failed tests either.

You again? Like a broken record... Fedor competed for the majority of his career without any drug testing. I am not pointing fingers at him as he hasn't failed a drug test but there are plenty of guys who fought in Pride that juiced that never failed tests either.
Assumption vs. Facts.

For instance, Chael and Jon Jones are convicted cheats who took PEDs and were suspended.

Fedor Emelianenko is the GOAT who is a man of honor, integrity, and respected by all.

Cheaters never propser. For example again: Jon Jones will be banned and will suffer the punishment forever (image-wise) and Chael is about to be KO'd in round 1 after already having been caught for steroids in the past.

Proof is in the pudding for those with sight!

Last edited:
Assumption vs. Facts.

For instance, Chael and Jon Jones are convicted cheats who took PEDs and were suspended.

Fedor Emelianenko is the GOAT who is a man of honor, integrity, and respected by all.

Cheaters never propser. For example again: Jon Jones will be banned and will suffer the punishment forever (image-wise) and Chael is about to be KO'd in round 1 after already been caught for steroids in the past.

Proof is in the pudding for those with sight!
Mark Coleman learnt the hard way

And Fedor fought many guys (not all) paid to take a fall in his entire Japanese career. Not to mention his freak show fights against guys that were either 400 pounds or 8 feet tall.

Hence why most Pride fighters struggled to beat top 5 guys once they came to America. They have but struggled. When Forrest Griffin chokes out a Shogun Rua, or Cro Cop gets put to sleep by a comedian Brendan Schaub...
Go ahead. Hate me now

Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, Dan Henderson, Fabricio Werdum, Nick Diaz, etc. all fought in PRIDE.

He's clean cuz' he wasn't tested.

Fedor was tested at PRIDE events in the US. He was clean and other fighters failed. But yes, please tell me how you know he was on something because you heard through the grapevine. Fedor has been tested in Strikeforce, PRIDE (once), Bellator, and Sambo events.

Let me put it this way, if pillow fisted Maldonado had the ability to hurt Fedor like he did, then there is definitely a threat of Sonnen doing the same two years later to even more out of prime and chinny Fedor.
maldonando would probably beat sonnen up

His power is not gone. His speed is diminished but he is not slow. His grappling may be diminished but its not gone either.

His fight IQ is the interesting question. I am holding out hope that Fedor is getting back on track mentally for the fight game. If he does get back in the zone I look for him to clean up in his next few fights. That's what I am hoping for anyway-- not against young top ten guys but just against guys like himself.

His power is not gone. His speed is diminished but he is not slow. His grappling may be diminished but its not gone either.

His fight IQ is the interesting question. I am holding out hope that Fedor is getting back on track mentally for the fight game. If he does get back in the zone I look for him to clean up in his next few fights. That's what I am hoping for anyway-- not against young top ten guys but just against guys like himself.
fedor has done better than most of his era past it
he still can end it like that and compete but his chin has declined but heart still beating as fast in prime

fedor has done better than most of his era past it
he still can end it like that and compete but his chin has declined but heart still beating as fast in prime

How about a 10 fight win streak for Fedor? Ill take it man!!!

TO guys saysing Fedor wasnt tested: Yes he was actually because there are regular tests in combat sambo which he competed in all through his mma prime. The tests were not USADA level but probably better than the ufc puss cup of the time.

TO the guy who said Fedors sambo is second to none: all his accomplishments are in combat sambo which is mma in a gi with a 30 second standup. Very different from Sambo.

1. Fedor's chin is gone.

Maldonado rocked him good, Mitrione finished him and Mir also hurt him. They say Sonnen is small so he won't have a power to do so, against Dan Henderson Fedor weighed in at 223, and Sonnen weighed in at 222 against Rampage Jackson.

2. Fedor's grappling is gone.

Fedor's judo credentials are better than most Judo practitioners, as well as his Sambo credentials are second to none. But, he has been looking like shit in his training vids, notwithstanding that one judo throw, he doesn't use his grappling much at all, and he doesn't really have a guard game

3. Fedor's speed is gone.

Fedor used to be lightening fast, but he doesn't really have that speed anymore. Even his coaches mentioned before how fast he was when he used to hit mitts, but unfortunately, he just isn't the same fighter at 41. Shocker

4. Fedor's power is gone.

He used to be very well built guy though he might not have been the biggest guy out there, muscling guys like Noguiera, but he couldn't really push around Maldonado out of all fucking people.

5. Fedor's IQ is gone.

People, not just fighters and fans, but well known coaches, used to talk about how smart Fedor is inside the ring or the cage, like Greg Jackson or Zahabi, etc....but this guy all he does right now is swing for the fences pretty much.

For me, since 2005, Fedor has been the greatest of all time. Since Sonnen debuted, for me he has been nothing but a scrub who just happen to be able to compete in the weakest division of all time while roiding. Big mouth but nothing more or less.

I don't want to live in a world where someone like Sonnen would beat Fedor, but facts are facts. Sonnen took down Rampage at will, and if you actually look at common opponents between Rampage and Fedor, Rampage showed a lot better takedown defenses against Arona and Randleman. It could be argued how ever Sonnen fought Hampage instead.

War Fedor nonetheless
I essentially agree with most of this and that is why this fight is interesting at this point but I still think even the current Fedor is going to be a tough out for the best chael... I'd say I see this fight as a 60/40 in Fedors favor, I could see chael catching him with a clean punch and shocking everyone or more likely just a grappling advantage.. Still though I think Fedor throws/trips his way out of most chaels wall and stall attempts and while Fedors chin is cracked Chael simply has never had one in the first place I think Fedor hurts him at some point and gets him out of there

I essentially agree with most of this and that is why this fight is interesting at this point but I still think even the current Fedor is going to be a tough out for the best chael... I'd say I see this fight as a 60/40 in Fedors favor, I could see chael catching him with a clean punch and shocking everyone or more likely just a grappling advantage.. Still though I think Fedor throws/trips his way out of most chaels wall and stall attempts and while Fedors chin is cracked Chael simply has never had one in the first place I think Fedor hurts him at some point and gets him out of there
Chael shoots ,fails and fedor swarms

Last edited:
Back