5 worst seasons of TUF

Shishio

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Pretty clear from the title so lets start with an honorary mention.

HM: TUF Live-really all this suffered from was the live format, which did not work out.

#5: TUF ATT vs Blackzillians-much like Live this suffered from the format, where as Live was just production issues, this one was just a dumb format, in theory it could have worked but did not in reality.

#4: TUF Carwin vs Nelson-Not only did Shane do nothing the entire season he retired almost right after. This topped with what I would call the most primadonna cast Ive ever seen, lot of complaining with not a lot of talent to back it up.

#3: TUF GSP vs Koscheck-While watching Koscheck fail is fun, him and his team were easily the most unprofessional fighters ive ever seen. From Kos constantly trying to start shit with that male nurse, to the Armenians going on a snake hunt to catch a guy cranking one off in the shower. Also that whole thing they do where everything GSP's team is disrespectful but no one on Team Kos is ever lol.

#2: TUF Rousey vs Tate-Guys and girls in the same house, how could that go wrong.....Again, just a whole bunch of dumbasses, most notably Cody Bollinger who misses weight against Anthony Gutierrez, AG then decides to take a bye, brag about making weight while stuffing his face, then misses weight himself giving his opponent a bye, basically making the one whole side of the bracket pointless.

#1: TUF MCGregor vs Faber-Just the sheer favoritism shown to Conor's boy Artem ruins any aspect of competition from the show.....an entire season dedicated to Conor's dick waving. Thankfully Ryan Hall won and Artem continues to be the worst fighter in the UFC.

Pretty good list. Now let me list the best five seasons:
  1. TUF 3: Shamrock vs. Ortiz
  2. TUF 1: Couture vs. Liddell
  3. TUF 5: Pulver vs. Penn
  4. TUF 10: Rampage vs. Evans
  5. TUF 8: The Junie Browning Show

ATT vs Blackzilians was by far the worst season. It wasn't even a tournament. Luiz Firmino and Carrington Banks won their fights and got jack shit out of it. Only redeeming part about this season is we ended up with Usman and Luque.

I quite enjoyed TUF Live mostly because I really like the Faber vs Cruz rivalry. Oh yeah and these few clips were gold.

Do we count international seasons? TUF Brazil 2 and TUF Latin America 3 have to be up there. And I don't even wanna mention TUF China.

On TUF Brazil 2 all the exciting contestants got injured sooner or later, it was extremely frustrating to watch. There were 3 guys in the quarterfinals who lost their opening fight. To top it out, Ponzinibbio who was definitely the best fighter, also got injured just before the finale so we ended up with Leo Santos winning the whole thing (and he got beat up by Santiago in the semis)

LATAM 3 had probably the worst roster ever except for TUF China of course.

Except for that
- 16 - horrible fighters, horrible fights
- 19 - if Eddie freaking Gordon managed to win this season, it says a lot about its quality, fights sucked badly
- Redemption - 16 fighters who got cut or didn't make it to the UFC, bunch of weaks and washups, just please, how do you even promote it. There were literally 0 exciting fighters. And Cody acting like a mentally unstable psycho didn't help.
- Blackzilians vs ATT - the only season I stopped watching before its half

I don't think that Europe vs USA was bad, it was just unlucky having Conor in it which caused tons of stupid trash talk and a horrible twist bringing Artem back and then promoting him as a devastating killer.

Last edited:
Yeah, TUF ATT vs Blackzilans was a good idea, but i was just confused...or more like it was just confusing...

TUF 19 was the Edgar Penn season?...wasn't that great

TUF 16 was just awefull and i stopped watching. But still got to see Lane's crying...

TUF 10...i don't know why it is allways called or remembered as a great season...?
"Will Kimbo Slice get another fight?"

TUF 23 JJ vs Claudia
The male bracket was just forgetable

Do we count international seasons? TUF Brazil 2 and TUF Latin America 3 have to be up there. And I don't even wanna mention TUF China.

On TUF Brazil 2 all the exciting contestants got injured sooner or later, it was extremely frustrating to watch. There were 3 guys in the quarterfinals who lost their opening fight. To top it out, Ponzinibbio who was definitely the best fighter, also got injured just before the finale so we ended up with Leo Santos winning the whole thing (and he got beat up by Santiago in the semis)

LATAM 3 had probably the worst roster ever except for TUF China of course.

Except for that
- 16 - horrible fighters, horrible fights
- 19 - if Eddie freaking Gordon managed to win this season, it says a lot about its quality, fights sucked badly
- Redemption - 16 fighters who got cut or didn't make it to the UFC, bunch of weaks and washups, just please, how do you even promote it. There were literally 0 exciting fighters. And Cody acting like a mentally unstable psycho didn't help.
- Blackzilians vs ATT - the only season I stopped watching before its half

I don't think that Europe vs USA was bad, it was just unlucky having Conor in it which caused tons of stupid trash talk and a horrible twist bringing Artem back and then promoting him as a devastating killer.

I was not counting international seasons except for USA vs Britain/The Smashes/Canada vs Aussie/USA vs Europe.....as I live in Canada those were the only international seasons we got......but oh yeah 19 was a talentless season lol

Yeah, TUF ATT vs Blackzilans was a good idea, but i was just confused...or more like it was just confusing...

TUF 19 was the Edgar Penn season?...wasn't that great

TUF 16 was just awefull and i stopped watching. But still got to see Lane's crying...

TUF 10...i don't know why it is allways called or remembered as a great season...?
"Will Kimbo Slice get another fight?"

TUF 23 JJ vs Claudia
The male bracket was just forgetable

10 was good specifically because you got to watch Kimbo/Schaub/all these other mountains of meat just get completely outclassed by fellow fat bastard Roy Nelson lol

Last edited:
#luckycharmscontest

I didn't see the Team Carwin vs. Team Nelson and Team Joanna vs. Team Cláudia seasons

TUF 8: Team Nogueira vs. Team Mir - Because of Junie Browning alone

TUF 9: United States vs. United Kingdom - Lack of talent, and it was evident from the start that they stacked the US side with cans

TUF 11: Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz - Not a memorable season

TUF 19: Team Edgar vs. Team Penn - Lack of talent

TUF 24: Tournament of Champions - Flyweights and because the coach feud was fucking terrible. It was basically:

Benavidez: You are a dork
Cejudo: Why am I a dork?
Benavidez: Because you look like a dork, talk like a dork, and it's the only thing my Alpha Male bros could think of for me to use on the show
Cejudo: Well, I'm not a dork
Benavidez: Ya-huh
Cejudo: Nuh-uh
Benavidez: You only say what you think you're supposed to say
Cejudo: What does that even mean?
Benavidez: Uh... well... you're a dork
Cejudo: Nuh-uh

Garbrandt: Hangin' wiff da booyyyzzzz!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
TUF 24: Tournament of Champions - Flyweights and because the coach feud was fucking terrible.

...the coaches fued was horrible.
Joe: "i fucked boyz like you in Highschool!" WTF

But for me...it was the best season they put up in talent and cool fights...

I thought TUF Live was good and likely the toughest for the fighters, due to the format and it had good depth with some solid fighters for a TUF season.

I don't care much about the Coaches feuds. The Flyweight Tournament of Champions was one of my favorites because of the fights.

I don't really think TUF live deserves to be an HM. There were some solid talent to appear on that season, and some pretty decent fights too. Yeah, the format didn't work out but I think it had a higher talent level than most of the recent TUF's put together.

The last won was the worst for me. First time ive ever skipped a season of TUF since the beginning.

Back