50yr old Tyson on the heavy bag

ramair455

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not bad for a middle aged man. Nice to see him getting back in shape.

God bless, I am just happy he is alive and seems to be doing well. He was on the path to destruction.

The last thing to go on a boxer is his punch, right? What's that from, Rocky VI? His fists are still wrecking balls. There was a piece of news from long ago where Dempsey was getting mugged by two guys. Dempsey at this time was in his 70's and rather than give up his money he knocked out both bandits.

Old man strength. There's something to it, especially when amplified through boxing technique.

He came to my city in November with his stand up show and me and my brother went. It was really funny and entertaining. He's got some good stories to tell.

Tyson keeps giving interviews saying he drinks when he wants. If he maintains that attitude he won’t be with us too much longer, remember him for the 80s wrecking ball.

He came to my city in November with his stand up show and me and my brother went. It was really funny and entertaining. He's got some good stories to tell.
Yes he had some great stories, Brad Pitt & Mitch Green stories had me dying.

Is 50 considered "middle aged" now? That used to be might-as-well-be-dead territory when I was a kid.

Is 50 considered "middle aged" now? That used to be might-as-well-be-dead territory when I was a kid.

Nah, its still considered old to me

MIddle aged is 30's, anyone older than that is struggling to get to grips with how thier life is going south if they are calling it middle aged

And he looks like a 50 year old guy punching a bag.....swinging from the hips with his feet planted to the floor

I forgive him not having the cardio any more. I wonder if he could complete 3 mins at that pace anymore? But speed wise he'll still much faster than the average 30 year old let alone a 50 year old.

Nah, its still considered old to me

MIddle aged is 30's, anyone older than that is struggling to get to grips with how thier life is going south if they are calling it middle aged

And he looks like a 50 year old guy punching a bag.....swinging from the hips with his feet planted to the floor

Hell, I think making it another 30 years would be pretty good. I don't expect to be 100. I'm fine with ~35 being considered "the middle" of the story. A few hundred years ago that would've been called the epilogue for most people.

Hell, I think making it another 30 years would be pretty good. I don't expect to be 100. I'm fine with ~35 being considered "the middle" of the story. A few hundred years ago that would've been called the epilogue for most people.

I CBA with people who are now reaching 30's pretending they are super young.....fuck em

I'm reaching late 30's and i consider myself old because i did when i was 10, i guess people who think they are not old dont have fucking kids and shit, my kids are young...i'm not

And i've watched live fights for over 30 years......most of these assholes probably havent even been alive for that long

I CBA with people who are now reaching 30's pretending they are super young.....fuck em

I'm reaching late 30's and i consider myself old because i did when i was 10, i guess people who think they are not old dont have fucking kids and shit, my kids are young...i'm not

And i've watched live fights for over 30 years......most of these assholes probably havent even been alive for that long

Yeesh well you're certainly transitioning into the miserable old prick mindset pretty damn smoothly. @Seano I think you may have yourself a damn good protege to take under your wing ;):p:D

crazyyyy!! u can see flashbacks of when he was young and the baddest man on the planet!! my fav fighter of all time!

Admittedly I still feel pretty young; the fact that I haven't been responsible for the life of another human being, ever, has probably gone a long way.

it's considered old, but lots of ppl are setting the bar higher than what it used to be.

being, fit and healthy can be pushed back even

you see pro's and amateurs even competing well into their 40's

I'll be 43 in a couple of months. Over the last year or so it's been bugging me out thinking about how old I am, and that i'm over half way done. I can' t believe how fast the time goes by now. The older I get the faster it goes. If I knew as a youngster it worked that way I would have savored things more. Sigh. Anyhoo Iron Mike looks pretty slow on that bag now, but I sure as shit wouldn't stand in front of that wrecking machine.

I'll be 43 in a couple of months. Over the last year or so it's been bugging me out thinking about how old I am, and that i'm over half way done. I can' t believe how fast the time goes by now. The older I get the faster it goes. If I knew as a youngster it worked that way I would have savored things more. Sigh. Anyhoo Iron Mike looks pretty slow on that bag now, but I sure as shit wouldn't stand in front of that wrecking machine.

Savoured things like what ?

Back