6 cops shot in 3 cities overnight

I see this isn't racially charged so it ends up on the 2nd page and gets no love. Thanks, Sherfront

Obama_4aeee4_718160.jpg

How many lives lost in Chicago yet the left is worried about statues?

How can you defend this?

I did not catch the third city from the article. As I've said before, police officers are not totally innocent either. They have mace, a baton, a taser, other police officers, and a gun. They choose the last resort first, and to kill, not wound. My grandmother could take a good number of these individuals down with her cane, but the police choose to shoot them.
What kind of fucked up police training would tell them to pull out a baton or pepper spray if they think someone is about to shoot at them? Do you think shooting someone in the leg somehow prevents them from pointing a gun back at you and shooting? Or maybe they should shoot the gun out of suspects' hands or pull a crazy gun snatching move and disassemble it in 1 second. I'm sure your grandmother is a real badass with her cane, but I'd advise against her using it if she thinks someone is going to shoot her.

Seriously though does this happen in any first world countries not named America?

I'd shoot first ask questions later too, you fuckers be crazy.
Its hard to judge. America is far more violent country than any other first world country. There are far more guns in the country and Americans in general are far less compassionate people when it comes to toehr peoples lives. So its combination of several things that makes killings much more common in America and Americans having much easier to take lives than other first world people

A lot of these guys 'think' they are tough because they have a big mouth. Most are drunk and can't even walk. If there is no gun involved she can take them down. A good kick to the groin would solve the problem. But the police are too lazy and prefer to shoot them before the coffee gets cold.
Have you ever tried choking down a cold coffee in the middle of the night? Disgusting.

Have you ever tried choking down a cold coffee in the middle of the night? Disgusting.

I can drink a coffee that is intended to be cold. I can't drink one that was served hot and neglected.

What kind of fucked up police training would tell them to pull out a baton or pepper spray if they think someone is about to shoot at them? Do you think shooting someone in the leg somehow prevents them from pointing a gun back at you and shooting? Or maybe they should shoot the gun out of suspects' hands or pull a crazy gun snatching move and disassemble it in 1 second. I'm sure your grandmother is a real badass with her cane, but I'd advise against her using it if she thinks someone is going to shoot her.

Old video, but pertinent.

The kind of training you are referring to is the media-driven, leftist bullshit narrative that has cops more willing to take stupid chances than to meet force with greater force.

When I was in the academy 20 years ago, I distinctly remember bitching about how some of their attitudes toward violence and protecting oneself were going to get cops killed. Things have gotten far worse since then, and now the media has truly put the nail in the coffin.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/6-police-...es-friday-042707228--abc-news-topstories.html

I feel like what's happening here is a lapse in threat assessment due to the media and public crucifying police officers for using deadly force. Their job is to serve and protect, and they can do neither if they're dead.

Follow procedure and you'll be fine, regardless of who sits for the national anthem.

Their job is to serve and protect. Protect being the keyword there. They're also supposed to be following the Constitution right? So when they gun down a citizen without positive identification of lethal intent just because they think he has a firearm on him, then they aren't exactly doing their job are they?

You want to know what comes with protecting and serving? Risk. You agree to put yourself in harm's way. Do you think I wanted to walk down streets in Iraq where they were planting IEDs on a damn near daily basis? No. But I did it. Do police want to take extra risk to ensure they are protecting the citizens? No, but they should do it too or go work in a fucking supermarket or McDonald's.

I respect police. It's a valuable service to the community and they deal with the worst in society. I just think police aggression has gotten too high in this country. They need a refocus on actually serving the community needs and de-escalation over escalation. I'm happy for any officer that does his job to the best of his ability with those things in mind. Too many aren't, and nobody is doing anything about it until the city goes nuts.

The vast majority of SWAT forced entry police search warrants are over nonviolent drug crimes. And how many robberies, murders, fraud, and rapes are going unsolved in areas doing that?

My job as a fishing guide is statistically far more dangerous, and I don't even get to be a dick to people or point guns at them.

The alt-left is out of control. Sad!

There is a underlying and sometimes out right message by leaders like Obama and others to keep fighting.
The messge is do not resist.

They should be responsible.

The guy who shot republicans playing softball.
The constant attack on cops
This is the new left and they are well funded

Their job is to serve and protect. Protect being the keyword there. They're also supposed to be following the Constitution right? So when they gun down a citizen without positive identification of lethal intent just because they think he has a firearm on him, then they aren't exactly doing their job are they?

You want to know what comes with protecting and serving? Risk. You agree to put yourself in harm's way. Do you think I wanted to walk down streets in Iraq where they were planting IEDs on a damn near daily basis? No. But I did it. Do police want to take extra risk to ensure they are protecting the citizens? No, but they should do it too or go work in a fucking supermarket or McDonald's.

I respect police. It's a valuable service to the community and they deal with the worst in society. I just think police aggression has gotten too high in this country. They need a refocus on actually serving the community needs and de-escalation over escalation. I'm happy for any officer that does his job to the best of his ability with those things in mind. Too many aren't, and nobody is doing anything about it until the city goes nuts.

The vast majority of SWAT forced entry police search warrants are over nonviolent drug crimes. And how many robberies, murders, fraud, and rapes are going unsolved in areas doing that?
Drug crimes are violent by association. Also they do serve warrants for violent crimes.

As far as Iraq goes, not sure where the parallel is because the US isn't a war zone, but I'll entertain the notion. You were probably better trained and equipped than most American police, and on an individual basis, probably more intelligent too. You also probably got more respect from Iraqi citizens than American police get in their own country.

Again, this is just conjecture coming out of my ass.

Drug crimes are violent by association. Also they do serve warrants for violent crimes.

The vast majority of warrants appear to be for petty drug crime. They are doing violent home raids in my city over a single drug sale under $100. I find it to be absurd.

As far as Iraq goes, not sure where the parallel is because the US isn't a war zone, but I'll entertain the notion. You were probably better trained and equipped than most American police, and on an individual basis, probably more intelligent too. You also probably got more respect from Iraqi citizens than American police get in their own country.

I find it valid in the fact that you are both doing dangerous jobs with violence in the service of the country. One is the military, the other is police. My point is this idea that police should prioritize their personal safety over the safety of the public is bullshit. The public is their mission. When they are killing citizens with positive ID of a deadly threat, I don't think they're doing their job right. I think they should be held to an incredibly high standard to use their weapons on citizens. It should be a clear and positive threat. I see too many police shootings where guys reached in their pockets or they just wouldn't show their hands. It would make things more dangerous for police, but I think the community would be better served for it plus their ties to the community and public image would be better than ever.

8 years of Obama identity politics have brought us here. This country was really making some headway in terms of racial (and sexual) equality and harmony. IMO we're at the worst point we've been since the 60s. Maybe we've even become as bad in the past few weeks.

If Obama's the problem, why has the number of police killings had a consistent overall decline since the early 70s while the number of working policemen increased? The year with the lowest amount of policemen killed was during Obama's term.

I did not catch the third city from the article. As I've said before, police officers are not totally innocent either. They have mace, a baton, a taser, other police officers, and a gun. They choose the last resort first, and to kill, not wound. My grandmother could take a good number of these individuals down with her cane, but the police choose to shoot them.
you don't shoot to wound, especially at an armed suspect. you only see that shit in John Woo's movies. You ever fire a gun before?

and your grandma would get killed.

Seriously though does this happen in any first world countries not named America?

Of course it's always going to be worse for cops in a country where every retard and his brother probably owns a firearm.

Back