6 cops shot in 3 cities overnight

I'm sure whoever shot them will get justice x2, as they should.

Sad at it is, lets not pretend this is the same issue as the police gunning down unarmed suspects and GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

Nobody gets away with killing a cop.

What kind of fucked up police training would tell them to pull out a baton or pepper spray if they think someone is about to shoot at them?

Ah, but I'm not talking about someone with a gun. That's a totally different argument.

you don't shoot to wound, especially at an armed suspect. you only see that shit in John Woo's movies. You ever fire a gun before?

Ah, but I'm not talking about someone with a gun. That's a totally different argument. Ah, yes, I've fired a gun before. 20 years in the U.S. Army. As an Infantry soldier I fired everything we had in the armory. :)

After Ranger school in the U.S. Army, granny tried out for the U.S. Navy SEALs. She thought it was a 'pussy' school since the guys got nights and weekends off unlike the U.S. Army. After the third week of training she had the balls to go up to one of the BUDs instructor and ask "When is the hard stuff going to start? This playing in the sand shit is getting old..."

Last edited:
Bullshit. Obama's administration was still blaming Bush 4 years in.
Blaming him for concrete policies, not for battles in the culture wars. Very different.
If in fact these police murders are the result of left wing extremists filled with ugly notions of racial identity politics, which is far from established, then Obama may plausibly be as much to blame as Trump was for the racism seen in Charlottesville. If we're going to hold presidents responsible for moral leadership, then Obama's often suspect moral leadership and its legacy ought to be fair game every bit as much as Trump.

If in fact, these police murders can be tied to left wing extremism, which has not been established and is only plausible as a theory because left wing extremists have been threatening violence toward cops and have recently murdered half dozen in ambushes similar to those last night, then all the voices in the War Room who excoriated Trump for pointing out that there were two sides to the problem need to change gears and admit he was right.
Obama has denounced that part of the left though. Remembered his speech criticizing snowflake culture and calling for dialogue? Trump has yet to do anything comparable with respect to his base. This is just a false equivalency all around.

If Obama's the problem, why has the number of police killings had a consistent overall decline since the early 70s while the number of working policemen increased? The year with the lowest amount of policemen killed was during Obama's term.

Medical advancements, increased use of body armor, advancements in tactics, safer cars, etc all lead to a lower number of cops killed.

There is still no actual reporting mechanism nationally for assaults on officers or use of forces by officers.

How many lives lost in Chicago yet the left is worried about statues?

How can you defend this?

Didn't that Obama fella claim Chicago as his home?

Kind of funny how he didn't do shit for them or any other city in the way of fixing the war on drugs, public education, supporting the family unit (which is broken in poor areas, especially inner cities), or helping law abiding citizens protect themselves with the 2nd ammendment.

But he did give people free cell phones. Which undoubtedly are used to aid the drug trade.

Almost like there was an agenda of talking nice and actually facilitating things getting worse.

My job as a fishing guide is statistically far more dangerous, and I don't even get to be a dick to people or point guns at them.

When was the last time someone intentionally killed, attacked, or ambushed a fishing guide for the uniform they wear?

When was the last time someone intentionally killed, attacked, or ambushed a fishing guide for the uniform they wear?
You don't understand what statistics means? Far more people die in the fishing industry, its a fact. Sorry its not an emotional trigger for you.

Medical advancements, increased use of body armor, advancements in tactics, safer cars, etc all lead to a lower number of cops killed.

There is still no actual reporting mechanism nationally for assaults on officers or use of forces by officers.

That's surely part of the overall decline since 1973, but it doesn't explain why Obama had the lowest year as those advances of course didn't all come during his term (and he had one year that spiked high for the time period as well). The post I answered was saying that Obama is the reason why there's so much violence against policemen, and that the US is in the worst place since the 60s, but he was clearly incorrect both on the effect Obama had as well where the overall situation is as the statistics on that are very clear. The early 70s (not the 60s) had several times more policemen killed per hear.

It's not the same as overall violence against the police, but I haven't yet seen anything to say that there's a big divergence in the trends of police deaths and general violence against the police.

What you call murder, CNN calls "peace through violence."

DHtyJTiV0AAddy2.jpg

That's surely part of the overall decline since 1973, but it doesn't explain why Obama had the lowest year as those advances of course didn't all come during his term (and he had one year that spiked high for the time period as well). The post I answered was saying that Obama is the reason why there's so much violence against policemen, and that the US is in the worst place since the 60s, but he was clearly incorrect both on the effect Obama had as well where the overall situation is as the statistics on that are very clear. The early 70s (not the 60s) had several times more policemen killed per hear.

It's not the same as overall violence against the police, but I haven't yet seen anything to say that there's a big divergence in the trends of police deaths and general violence against the police.

My comment was more toeard the 1970s thing but heres what I think about the Obama situation.

Almost every street cop i know feels Obamas DOJ was out to get cops for using force, even righteously, which led to officers being hesitant and getting injured or killed. Not to mention the pandering to BLM, having them to the White House, etc.

His reactions to Ferguson, Baltimore, etc all made cops feel like even the executive branch was pro thug.

Generally the biggest killer of officers is crashes then gunfire.

My comment was more toeard the 1970s thing but heres what I think about the Obama situation.

Almost every street cop i know feels Obamas DOJ was out to get cops for using force, even righteously, which led to officers being hesitant and getting injured or killed. Not to mention the pandering to BLM, having them to the White House, etc.

His reactions to Ferguson, Baltimore, etc all made cops feel like even the executive branch was pro thug.

Generally the biggest killer of officers is crashes then gunfire.

I'm not going to comment about what people felt, etc. That's an argument that will lead back to the kind of things like the incorrect post I originally commented on. My point is just that the actual result was that more cops did not die during Obama's term but the direct opposite. He had the lowest average of any president as far as the statistics I had available would show (back to 1970). I don't have anything more to add as I don't have any stakes in any American president.

Back