6 months to get to fighting shape

DoCtOrWhO

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
So from too much weed and booze I gained weight and am now 32lbs outside my weight class. Had a gf wbo was smothering, found out my ex got a new boyfriend and the guy looks inbred. For some reason this really made me question my own looks. I wanted to roll in some tournaments next summer so best to start now getting in shape.

I train bjj 3x per week. Lift weights 3x per week (5/3/1). Cardio I run for approx 30 mins 4x per week.

I eat around 2500-3000 calories per day. Usually one bad meal per night.

Does this seem excessive? I feel the candle burning at both ends here. Another benefit is that this past summer I was delusional I was so out of shape I am motivated for the warm weather of spring to come and unveil the new body. A good body goes a long way, especially in your mid 30s.

This winter I figured I would focus on jiu jitsu, work, school.

Ease into that routine and work up to it. Don't start off doing that if you're as out of shape as you say you are.

But yea, in 6 months that should be straight. Eat clean(semi) and move your ass.

Ease into that routine and work up to it. Don't start off doing that if you're as out of shape as you say you are.
True. I agree. What I posted there would be the majority of the 6 months.

So starting after i finish this cup of coffee and ephedrine I'm going to do 30 min on a bike and then work core. Get a good stretch and feel. Later tonight i will go to the gym and at the least get an upper body pump to adjust the body to lifting again.

So from too much weed and booze I gained weight and am now 32lbs outside my weight class. Had a gf wbo was smothering, found out my ex got a new boyfriend and the guy looks inbred. For some reason this really made me question my own looks. I wanted to roll in some tournaments next summer so best to start now getting in shape.

I train bjj 3x per week. Lift weights 3x per week (5/3/1). Cardio I run for approx 30 mins 4x per week.

I eat around 2500-3000 calories per day. Usually one bad meal per night.

Does this seem excessive? I feel the candle burning at both ends here. Another benefit is that this past summer I was delusional I was so out of shape I am motivated for the warm weather of spring to come and unveil the new body. A good body goes a long way, especially in your mid 30s.

This winter I figured I would focus on jiu jitsu, work, school.
Same age bracket and weight gain as yours but I'd be putting off regular training for next year as I'm busy atm. I would incorporate IF personally.

you're mid 30s so you should probably just get a real job because you sound poor, never heard of you and literally none of this happened.

<21>

Just kidding buddeh. Keep at it. Live your dream for as long as you can and keep walking tall.

But seriously, never heard of you. ;)

Seems excessive.

I'd just lay off the booze, eat a little better, continue with 5/3/1 (that's what I do) and keep up the jitz. I'm sure you'll drop weight.

For me at near 40, I've found by keeping off heavy carbs each day, lifting 4x per week and do some kind of intense cardio for 20-25 mins 2x per week, I can lose weight quite quickly. All while drinking very moderately and allowing myself a cheat meal or two once per week where I don't care what I eat.

When I was this weight before I replaced alcohol fun times with gym fun times.

Brutality of it is basically no sex for this period because if i go out and have a few drinks I get a vicious hangover. If i smoke too much weed I eat too much. You can meet women everywhere but in my experience (at least where I live) if you dont drink frequently you are seen as weird. Today for example i may drink 2-3 beers as i have a tinder meetup/hook up. She picked a bar. That screams dtf.

drop the processed sugar, fatty, get it from fruits, feed yourself within an 8 hour window so your body has more time to process all the excess shit you have in there and fix itself.

that was point number one, point number two is hit the fucking squat rack EVERY DAY.

Replace alcohol with protein shakes and improve your diet.

Is 2500-3000 with one bad meal a night excessive? Depends on your natural size, but probably “yes, very much excessive.”

I’m 6’1” 200. When I’m in great shape I’m 185. When I want to lose weight, I eat about 1800 calories a day and workout medium intensity for an hour a day at least 5 days a week. That loses me only about 1-2lbs a week. That said, I’m 36 and my metabolism is extremely slow now. At 25, I’d probably be dropping 5lbs in a little over a week.

Oh and I’d allow myself one bad meal a week on Friday nights (almost always Pizza). And my best results always included cutting back significantly on alcohol. At night when I got painful food cravings I ate fruit which was not at all satisfying, but usually sufficient.

Last edited:
Yes, i also have been using IF for a year in a half, it just works, for me its the way the body was programmed in regards of food and digestion
I just wanna stop at "works for me". Discussing the science of diet and athletic performance is better left for experts. Like Mike Dolce.

Back