6 more years of Putin

The will of the people is low on the priorities of the leaders that govern us.

at least we can still protest shit and be heard

in russia protests only result in political oppression

at least we can still protest shit and be heard

in russia protests only result in political oppression

We can't.

Lauren Southern was recently banned from entering the uk.

Tommy Robinspn's family are under 24 hour surveillance due to extremist Muslim threats.

Britain first leaders were put in prison.

All the while, authorities turn a blind eye to muslim child sex gangs

The lot of you making accusatory remarks around Putin know only the pushed narrative by a massively corrupt media, especially in the united states. Because Hillary and the DNC said bad things about Russia half.of the united states has now been auto programmed to character assassinate Putin and declare Russia a 3rd world shit hole.

Let me tell all.of you are insanely misinformed about Vladimir Putin.

First of all, the man is brilliant and loves his people. He is one of.the most thoughtful speakers you will ever hear and despite what the zombies in the euro union will tell you, Putin not Merkel is the most respected leader in the world.

I have many many friends all.over Russia and they all love their president. He isn't a monster like the western media has made him out to be. He hates terrorism, he hates racism and he pushes education and is trying to create jobs.

Talk to some actual Russian people before you guys start calling the guy a murderer. He gave the orders to shoot down a plane based on misinformation about a hijacking headed for.the Olympics. Dude is obviously very hurt and adveresly affected by that executive decision. No president should ever have to make that. He's a strong leader and beloved by almost all Russians.

He jails/kills journalists and political dissidents alike but he's a great guy because he's a strong leader and he's beloved by his people? I guess by the same token Kim Jong Il is a great leader too.

He jails/kills journalists and political dissidents alike but he's a great guy because he's a strong leader and he's beloved by his people? I guess by the same token Kim Jong Il is a great leader too.

Are you aware that journalists are much safer in Russia today than they were during the Yeltsin years? In the second Yeltsin term on average 6 journalists were murdered every year. It has declined steadily under Putin's rule and the only years no journalists were killed since the collapse of the Soviet Union were 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Also the popular claim in the West, that Putin is just stealing all the wealth and the population doesn't get anything, is flatly wrong as is evident from a simple look at the numbers published for example by World Bank. When Putin came into power in 2000 29% of Russian lived under the poverty line. In 2016 just 13,5% lived under it, which is very similar to typical Western countries. Also in 2015-2016 Russia was going through a recession and thus there was a temporary peak on the number of people living under poverty line, so there is every reason to expect that number to fall even lower now that the economy is growing again.

Some other facts, which helps to explain Putin's popularity are the following:
-Russian population has been growing since 2009, when it was basically free falling when Putin came to power.
-The number of homicides was over 41 000 when Putin came to power in 2000 and last year it had dropped to only about 8800, that is a massive improvement. Similar things have happened to suicide and abort numbers.
-Life expectancy has risen from 65 years to 73.
-Real incomes have more than tripled.
-Russia is back as a Great Power shaping the world events to its benefit. Also John Brennan the CIA director considered Putin to be very adept at "manipulating environments for Russia's advantage". Which is certainly a reason for the Russians to appreciate him even, if it makes competitors like the Americans hate him.

Yeah agreed
Plus Hes not a strong leader if he cant allow dissent thats weak leadership!
Hes underminded russias democracy, squandered and looted billions from it for himself and his cronies, soiled russias rep with his disinformatuon campaigns so now anything russia says is thought of as lies , got involeved with afghanistan 2.0
Hes credited with russias economy bounceback but thats more due to the effects of a solid few years of oil being $100+ a barrel and the inevitable slow recovery anyway from damage done by the communism years and the damage done by brutal imf uberright wing austerity programs imposed shortly after !

29388339_1780951035260436_7153963996361516053_n.jpg

We can't.

Lauren Southern was recently banned from entering the uk.

Tommy Robinspn's family are under 24 hour surveillance due to extremist Muslim threats.

Britain first leaders were put in prison.

All the while, authorities turn a blind eye to muslim child sex gangs

is UK even considered member of the EU anymore?
you brits always wanted to have it your way, now you will get it

hope it works out for you but considering your political climate, I doubt it :\

The lot of you making accusatory remarks around Putin know only the pushed narrative by a massively corrupt media, especially in the united states. Because Hillary and the DNC said bad things about Russia half.of the united states has now been auto programmed to character assassinate Putin and declare Russia a 3rd world shit hole.

Let me tell all.of you are insanely misinformed about Vladimir Putin.

First of all, the man is brilliant and loves his people. He is one of.the most thoughtful speakers you will ever hear and despite what the zombies in the euro union will tell you, Putin not Merkel is the most respected leader in the world.

I have many many friends all.over Russia and they all love their president. He isn't a monster like the western media has made him out to be. He hates terrorism, he hates racism and he pushes education and is trying to create jobs.

Talk to some actual Russian people before you guys start calling the guy a murderer. He gave the orders to shoot down a plane based on misinformation about a hijacking headed for.the Olympics. Dude is obviously very hurt and adveresly affected by that executive decision. No president should ever have to make that. He's a strong leader and beloved by almost all Russians.
I actually asked my Russian friend about him and what he and the general population thinks about him and he had nothing but good things to say. Yesterday he came up to me with the biggest smile on his face and said Putin secured another 6 years. He's a dirty politician but apparently a good one that they need since he has indeed drastically improved their quality of life and still holds their interests at heart.

Yeah agreed
Plus Hes not a strong leader if he cant allow dissent thats weak leadership!
Hes underminded russias democracy, squandered and looted billions from it for himself and his cronies, soiled russias rep with his disinformatuon campaigns so now anything russia says is thought of as lies , got involeved with afghanistan 2.0
Hes credited with russias economy bounceback but thats more due to the effects of a solid few years of oil being $100+ a barrel and the inevitable slow recovery anyway from damage done by the communism years and the damage done by brutal imf uberright wing austerity programs imposed shortly after !

pure delusion and stupidity right here above me.
Interesting

Russia and other FSU state in it sphere wont ever be in EU. I think eventually ukraine will join again eurasian union and CTSO, because EU would have extreme hard time trying to integrate Ukraine and say it would take +20 years.
Are you aware that journalists are much safer in Russia today than they were during the Yeltsin years? In the second Yeltsin term on average 6 journalists were murdered every year. It has declined steadily under Putin's rule and the only years no journalists were killed since the collapse of the Soviet Union were 2010, 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Also the popular claim in the West, that Putin is just stealing all the wealth and the population doesn't get anything, is flatly wrong as is evident from a simple look at the numbers published for example by World Bank. When Putin came into power in 2000 29% of Russian lived under the poverty line. In 2016 just 13,5% lived under it, which is very similar to typical Western countries. Also in 2015-2016 Russia was going through a recession and thus there was a temporary peak on the number of people living under poverty line, so there is every reason to expect that number to fall even lower now that the economy is growing again.

Some other facts, which helps to explain Putin's popularity are the following:
-Russian population has been growing since 2009, when it was basically free falling when Putin came to power.
-The number of homicides was over 41 000 when Putin came to power in 2000 and last year it had dropped to only about 8800, that is a massive improvement. Similar things have happened to suicide and abort numbers.
-Life expectancy has risen from 65 years to 73.
-Real incomes have more than tripled.
-Russia is back as a Great Power shaping the world events to its benefit. Also John Brennan the CIA director considered Putin to be very adept at "manipulating environments for Russia's advantage". Which is certainly a reason for the Russians to appreciate him even, if it makes competitors like the Americans hate him.

it is mix. you can criticize him people do on media and tv but you cannot go extreme and spread lies or imply he is terrorist or assasinate people even if his kgb security goons do with his orders. He does not ban opposition parties really at all, the ones that are banned get wide support from the Russian security and political establishment. Putin is just 1 man not Kim Jung Un level power dictatorship type. So often criticism of him fail because it falls on Medvedev who technically control the Legislaton. You cannot make fun of him like people make fun of Trump on american tv so extreme but you cannot do that really anywhere in 2nd or 3rd world countries or many ´´allied´´ countries that are allies with USA like Turkey or Saudis. He does go after ethnonationalist and extremists but he also is not a liberal or radical leftist by western standard. Also since he silence ´liberals´that make many people happy.

Real russian nationalist imperialist types dislike him and have there candidate silenced (navalny) example maybe and then guys like zhirinovosky who most nationalistic candidate on list instead get permission a run because people say he is Putin control opposition.

Says the guy trying to pretend putin isnt a dictator or corrupt as fuck

he isnt a dictator in way sadam or kim jung un are. He more like xi jinping just less powerful and more celebrity like. not everything he says go that is just a fact and you ignore that he does have wide popular support in the Duma. His power is more authotarian than dictatorship. I would say Erdogan is more ´dicatorship´and has more internal power since he has hardcore islamic ideologues on his side.

he isnt a dictator in way sadam or kim jung un are. He more like xi jinping just less powerful and more celebrity like. not everything he says go that is just a fact and you ignore that he does have wide popular support in the Duma. His power is more authotarian than dictatorship. I would say Erdogan is more ´dicatorship´and has more internal power since he has hardcore islamic ideologues on his side.
Id say hes at least as bad .....which would be ok if he wasnt going all rouge state with such a nuclear arsenal

Do you even bother to fact-check the ridiculous conspiratory bullcrap you post? The russian central bank has always been "nationalized", and nowhere was ever owned by the Rothschild, it has always been owned by the russian State, it's in their constitution.

A story in four tweets -

To be fair I'd say the degree of repression in Venezuela is a bit higher than in Russia.

Putin does operate as an autocrat but it seems pretty clear that he has the backing of a majority. I'm not so sure if the same thing can be said about Venezuela. Not communicating with them, helps to delegitimize the government.

The reality is that the United States upholds communications with Russia, China, Saudi Arabia etc. even though they're basically repressive dictatorships, because they need to. They can afford to not give a shit about Venezuela.

from what i can see he seems more like he cares about his people than Hillary or Trump. Putin has always been a patriot his whole life that you cannot take away from him.
Just curious - are you Russian? Do you live there?

what i said is true. And real ethno nationalists and imperialist type in Russia hate putin and or are kept under control. He has made it illegal and has all sorts of laws arresting and preventing that type thinking from spreading.

he is not a liberal leftist obviously but real russians who are the ethno nationalist do not seem him as that. If he was why would he arrest them and people like navalny?

from what i can see he seems more like he cares about his people than Hillary or Trump. Putin has always been a patriot his whole life that you cannot take away from him.

And what can you see, excactly? What he says, and nothing more than that? Do Russian people live better than American people? Do they have more freedom? Is Putin any less corrupt than Hillary or Trump? And if so, can you prove it? Doesn't Putin live like a king even though he wasn't supposed to, based on what he should earn as the president? Where does all his money come from?

Lets be real here. Everyone hates America, even Americans. But where's the evidence that Putin is any better in than Trump? All i see is a dictator. I'm Portuguese, but i'd rather live in the US than in RUSSIA, BY FAR. And i wonder if those who are not Russian and defend Russia so much would really rather live in Russia than in the US. Because, ya know, if you did, you would live with less money and less freedom, and this is pretty much a fact.

Back