***#6 Ranked UFC Bantamweight, Jimmie "El Terror" Rivera SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Bantamweight, Jimmie "El Terror" Rivera! He will answer your questions LIVE on SATURDAY the 7th of January at 7:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Jimmie Rivera is the #6 ranked contender in the UFC Bantamweight division. He was next expected to face Bryan Caraway at UFC Fight Night 103 on January 15 but Caraway just recently got injured & can no longer fight. It was just announced that Marlon "Chito" Vera will replace Caraway but the fight is still up in the air. Update as seen in the Q&A: Jimmie will not be fighting anyone next week.

IT0nAwI.png

Jimmie holds a 20-1 MMA record with notable wins over the likes of Urijah Faber, Iuri Alcantara, Pedro Munhoz, Marcus Brimage & Carson Beebe. Jimmie lost his second fight(split decision) & hasn't lost since.

Rivera-wins.png

Follow him here:

Twitter: @JimmieRivera135
Facebook: Jimmie "El Terror" Rivera
Instagram: Jimmie Rivera

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for taking your time to answer questions!

What do you know about Marlon Vera and will you change your gameplan for him?

Thanx for hangin' bro~

You're young still & I heard you were looking at only another year or 2 in competition.... why the quick retreat?

& if you do take the belt... I would assume that would delay your retirement. What say you?

i will not be fighting that day anymore, my coaches and i decided we will wait for caraway to get better or get a fight with the top rank guys such as tj or cruz

Hey Jimmie

Now that Cody Garbrandt is the BW Champion how do you feel you matchup with him

Vaya Boricua! As a fellow Rican I think the amount of high level Puerto Rican MMA fighters Tiger Schulmann is awesome.

Since your fight in Phoenix isn't happening anymore how soon would you like to get a fight, and do you have anybody in mind as a next opponent?

God I hope you smash Caraway. Would be KO of the night ! :)

Thanx for hangin' bro~

You're young still & I heard you were looking at only another year or 2 in competition.... why the quick retreat?

& if you do take the belt... I would assume that would delay your retirement. What say you?
yes it would delay my retirement a little if i was champion. but i also do not want to fight forever because of my school and my family. eventually like to settle down focus only on my school and starting a family

Damn my question got answered before I even posted it lol

i will not be fighting that day anymore, my coaches and i decided we will wait for caraway to get better or get a fight with the top rank guys such as tj or cruz

what about dodson?

Vaya Boricua! As a fellow Rican I think the amount of high level Puerto Rican MMA fighters Tiger Schulmann is awesome.

Since your fight in Phoenix isn't happening anymore how soon would you like to get a fight, and do you have anybody in mind as a next opponent?
I would love to fight cruz, tj or cody. i like to fight the best fighters out there, the elite of the elite and top ranked

How many sherdoggers could you beat up at the same time?

Hey Jimmie appreciate your time my man, were you disappointed that you weren't in the sweepstakes for the title coming off such a good win over Faber? and do you think you think you should be looking at a bigger fight than Caraway because of that? I think you deserve it by the way.

yes it would delay my retirement a little if i was champion. but i also do not want to fight forever because of my school and my family. eventually like to settle down focus only on my school and starting a family
Right on bro... you got a lady? or is that a work in progress? Just chattin' bro... you don't gotta answer. lol...

Hi Jimmie

First of all, congrats on the biggest win of your career against the legend Faber, what a performance. You have an incredible 20-1 record and i see your only loss came in your second professional bout. Fighters usually say they learn and evolve much more when they experience losing than when they win, so my question is: Do you think losing a fight early in your career was a pivotal moment to achieve the skill set you have currently? Do you think you would be where you are right now, if you didn`t lose that fight?

Thanks in advance for the response and looking forward to your next fight!

Your striking was next level against Faber. Would you stand and bang with Cody No-Love? I would love to see you KO him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back