6 Year Old Girl Killed in FL Dog Attack

Ask yourself if you honestly believe the incident would’ve occurred regardless of the owner.

Why yes, it is all the owners fault. If people with a predilection to raise baby eating dogs would just choose to own less lethal breeds like beagles or dachshunds.

How about this, shitty owners are probably split somewhere near even across breeds....but yet pit bulls are eating more babies than any other type of dog.

But yes, let's pretend things don't have a nature.

So why aren't they banned then? They are banned in some parts of the world so why wouldn't politicians in America ban them too? Don't these people get sick of hearing about yet another mauling by this breed?
Would it be up to individual states to ban them, is that how it would work in America?

Two things that should be banned over there are ear-cropping and tail-docking, it's mutilation after all.

'She points to 2017 statistics showing that pit bulls contributed to 74 percent of U.S. dog bite fatalities, even though they only make up 6.5 percent of the American dog population. She says this breed is more likely to bite multiple times and not let go.'
https://www.news4jax.com/news/girl-bitten-by-dog-remains-in-critical-condition-dog-in-quarantine
'Cynthia Saben, who owns three pit bulls and volunteers with PitStop PitBull Rescue Transport, doesn’t blame the breed and urges parents to be careful when children are around any animal.'

I don't believe anyone should get a pit bull from a rescue organization either. Not knowing the history of this loaded gun you are exposing your family members to would be very unwise.
Imagine not knowing why the previous owner got rid of it in the first place

This thread just proves TS is an idiot

heroic-pitbull-swims-5-miles-out-to-sea-to-bite-a-child-fXjlv.jpg

You can try to over come that with great nurturing but a certain percent will fail.
Yes and what seems to escape you every time you enter these discussions is that it's not exclusive to the pitbull. All large breeds (even some medium sized ones) are a potential threat.

IMO if that is something that you haven't figured out than i wouldn't be comfortable with you owning a dog larger than a Jack Russel
It’s not the breed guys, remember, a gang of Dachshunds killed a woman!
LOL! What are you some sort of Dachshund apologist? A woman got ripped apart by a pack of dogs but hey, it's one isolated incident right? Yea you don't sound hypocritical at all.

Yes and what seems to escape you every time you enter these discussions is that it's not exclusive to the pitbull. All large breeds (even some medium sized ones) are a potential threat.

IMO if that is something that you haven't figured out than i wouldn't be comfortable with you owning a dog larger than a Jack Russel

LOL! What are you some sort of Dachshund apologist? A woman got ripped apart by a pack of dogs but hey, it's one isolated incident right? Yea you don't sound hypocritical at all.
Naw you are full of shit.

I have never denied the bite risk of all dogs. What I do is point out Pits are different due to decades of selective breeding for a certain type of aggression.

Ptis have been bred specifically over decades to be master killers. To be able to ignore almost all pain and even death in trying to accomplish their kill. And while they don't always attack, once they do they almost always do to the death. And that is because in pit fighting leaving an injured opponent alive (another Pit) can lead to your death.

Almost all other dog breeds that attack are doing so to establish space. Or maybe for dominance. But rarely is their intent to kill and rarely do they keep going once they do not feel any threat unless they are trained to keep attacking. That is not the case with Pits.

So while Pits may not attack the most of all breeds the damage they do is almost always the most severe. And while good rearing can certainly offset much of the bred in aggression there simply will be some dogs who fail and resort to their nature and kill. Too many.

Why yes, it is all the owners fault. If people with a predilection to raise baby eating dogs would just choose to own less lethal breeds like beagles or dachshunds.

How about this, shitty owners are probably split somewhere near even across breeds....but yet pit bulls are eating more babies than any other type of dog.

But yes, let's pretend things don't have a nature.

I would say people that want to raise aggressive dogs are more likely to get pit bulls and be shitty owners, than with other breeds.

And for the record I have liked every Pit i have met and i have met a few. Our family also had a Doberman when I was a kid and I also spent one summer working at Llewelyn Kennels which was security company in Morriston Ontario that used Dobermans and German Shepherds for security details. I got to help train the dogs in attack and other training including wearing the big padded suit.

So i don't have an irrational fear of any type of dogs. If you live in the country and want to have a Pit and have no your children, knock yourself out. But they should not be in the city nor around kids.

How can anyone argue at this point that breed has something to do with it

Naw you are full of shit.
Can you just admit you don't know what you are talking about so we don't have to go on for much longer?

I have never denied the bite risk of all dogs. What I do is point out Pits are different due to decades of selective breeding for a certain type of aggression.

Ptis have been bred specifically over decades to be master killers. To be able to ignore almost all pain and even death in trying to accomplish their kill. And while they don't always attack, once they do they almost always do to the death. And that is because in pit fighting leaving an injured opponent alive (another Pit) can lead to your death.

What you are painfully trying to articulate here is that they are extremely capable dogs while having a very high preydrive and gameness. Gameness is that willingness to die fighting which was bred into them. To that i have a couple things that immedietly spring to mind

1) Yet again, neither of those things are exclusive to the pitbull and there are dogs that are WAY worse in each of those categories

2)What i think you are also not understanding is the obscene amount of inbreeding this breed is subjected to. Like to the point of retardation. I get it, you think because they are strong, have a high level of gameness and a crazy prey drive then they stand out right? I would agree with you there, these dogs are lethal and not a joke. Ask yourself now what would happen if a bunch of morons were to selectively inbreed them beyond recognition.

3) If we took the rottweiler and mutated it the way we did with pits do you think we would start seeing similiar attack rates? (truth be told we already do so whats the excuse there?) If so what is the real issue here then? Is it the breed standard or a bunch of fuck tards back yard breeding a highly capable dog and selling it in tha hood to his homies for $100

I know you like to sum it up to their innate desire to eat human flesh from such stringent breeding protocols that have been followed perfectly for centuries now, but the truth is that isn't the case. True pitbulls are a rarity now a days and most of the ones attacking are hardly ever genuine pitbulls instead what we usually see are these Frankenstein concoctions of highly capable dogs.

Can you just admit you don't know what you are talking about so we don't have to go on for much longer?

What you are painfully trying to articulate here is that they are extremely capable dogs while having a very high preydrive and gameness. Gameness is that willingness to die fighting which was bred into them. To that i have a couple things that immedietly spring to mind

1) Yet again, neither of those things are exclusive to the pitbull and there are dogs that are WAY worse in each of those categories

2)What i think you are also not understanding is the obscene amount of inbreeding this breed is subjected to. Like to the point of retardation. I get it, you think because they are strong, have a high level of gameness and a crazy prey drive then they stand out right? I would agree with you there, these dogs are lethal and not a joke. Ask yourself now what would happen if a bunch of morons were to selectively inbreed them beyond recognition.

3) If we took the rottweiler and mutated it the way we did with pits do you think we would start seeing similiar attack rates? (truth be told we already do so whats the excuse there?) If so what is the real issue here then? Is it the breed standard or a bunch of fuck tards back yard breeding a highly capable dog and selling it in tha hood to his homies for $100

I know you like to sum it up to their innate desire to eat human flesh from such stringent breeding protocols that have been followed perfectly for centuries now, but the truth is that isn't the case. True pitbulls are a rarity now a days and most of the ones attacking are hardly ever genuine pitbulls instead what we usually see are these Frankenstein concoctions of highly capable dogs.
You spew all that shit and yet agree with me without realizing it.

!) - never said it was exclusive so take your strawman shit out of here.
2) - the inbreeding as an EXCUSE does nothing to counter my points about the danger they pose, which is my point.
3) - If we took others dogs and made them as bad then they should be next.

Honestly you need to stop as you are making my arguments for me.

!) - never said it was exclusive so take your strawman shit out of here.
I never actually claimed you did. Im just pointing out the fact that you only seem to be care when it's a pit bull

2) - the inbreeding as an EXCUSE does nothing to counter my points about the danger they pose, which is my point.
Im confused. Do you agree that inbreeding is an issue or are you saying it's an excuse in a sarcastic douchey "YOUR AN APOLOGIST HAR HAR" kind of way?

Did i even say they were not dangerous?

3) - If we took others dogs and made them as bad then they should be next.
But you do understand another breed WILL pop up yea? Would you rather attack this at the source or continue banning breeds so that the problem persists? Also good luck establishing a single breed in that mutated mess. Im sure you will have lots of fun classifying those things.

Honestly you need to stop as you are making my arguments for me.
Oh really? How so?

Last edited:
meh they are not pitbulls. i just hate these animals and I am so fed up with people saying they are no bad dogs, just bad owners. these fuckers are breed to kill
I think he makes a good point though. We always have to find something to hate or be pissed at.

So... we wipe pitbulls out, then we move on to wiping out German shepard's, then we eliminate those evil Weiner dogs .. it never ends.

you can say it is the dog breed or the owner, etc. but the question i would ask is what percentage of pit bull owners do you think are "good" owners. i would guess that number is somewhere well below 10%. if that number were over 90%, i bet the statistics would be much different concerning the attacks from these dogs.

so it is just a perfect storm. a dog that NEEDS strong owners almost always has the weakest owners possible

With manageable rates of violence this is highly preferable to any rational society.

If every pit and every breed/mix that even looks like a pitbull magically transformed into a GSD (same upbringing, owner, etc) there would be significantly less maulings or deaths iyo?

From last year, Rotti's taking it easy apparently.

2017-dog-bite-fatality-chart.gif

I personally don't think the numbers would be much different, every large breed is potentially dangerous. Combine that with zero training, socialization, possible neglect and it spells disaster. Gsd has about 20 lbs on an apbt with a stronger bite force. Same scenario with Rottweilers, even bigger and much stronger.

They were bred to be aggressive. Why is this still a debate ?

Shitbulls doing what they were bred to do. I love dogs but you almost never see this kind of damage from any other type of dog. It’s genetic, bullbaiting and game fighting, they know how to fuck something up.

No different than a sheep dog being able to herd sheep effectively without prior training, or a dachshund knowing how to burrow without being trained because they were bred to hunt varmints.

Having shit owners doesn’t help, but you can’t put this all on them. I question the sanity of anyone who owns one of these and also has children.

Back