600 Russian Troll/Bot Accounts Tweeting #guncontrolnow

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
As the news broke of a school shooting in Parkland, Fla., on Wednesday, hundreds of Twitter accounts believed to be under Russian sway pivoted. Many had been tweeting about places like Syria and Ukraine[...] Suddenly the accounts shifted to hashtags like #guncontrol, #guncontrolnow and #gunreformnow. Tweets mentioning Nikolas Cruz, the name of the shooting suspect, spiked.

For Bret Schafer, an analyst with Hamilton 68, a site tracking Russian influence on Twitter, the pattern is becoming all too familiar. Hamilton 68 follows 600 accounts run by the Russian government, Russian trolls, bots[...] Data collected by the site over the past few months suggests that Russian social media accounts are now regularly seizing on divisive or tragic news to rile up segments of American society.

"The Kremlin doesn't care about gun control in America, they have no skin in this game," Schafer says. Accordingly, some accounts tracked by Hamilton 68 spew extreme, pro-gun rhetoric. Others attack the National Rifle Association. "By taking an extreme hyper-partisan position, it just serves to further rip us apart," Schafer says.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...edy-unfolds-russian-agents-sow-discord-online

A pattern is emerging. Russian trolls seek to divide America by tweeting hyper-inflammatory pseudo-left wing positions and right wing conspiracy theories.

Same pattern emerged with BLM.

Let's see what side of the aisle gets there jimmies rustled first in this thread.

From what I've seen these disinformation campaigns have only been about creating outrage, which forces issues to ultimately be overlooked stifling discourse.

Mass hysteria is intended and unfortunately America is so incredibly partisan and full of echo chambers that the shit works. And will continue to work as we proceed to shit down each other's throats at every turn.

interesting, if its freely available info, should be referenced more in conversations about influencing narratives.
I don't know about in this dump, but I've seen it discussed a lot in other places.

Psychological operations like this one have been typical for Russia for many, many years. It is well-documented and understood that the Russians are currently trying to influence populations all over the world, including in their democratic elections. Why would it be difficult for anyone to believe that they aren't trying to capitalize on this tragedy and divide Americans to their own ends? The Russians are against us now, and they've been that way since before Nazi Germany fell. This segment of the debate is so strange to me...

Damn, leftists gotta support the 2nd amendment like the NRA now.

Checkmate democrats, the evil Russians have spoken.

Psychological operations like this one have been typical for Russia for many, many years. It is well-documented and understood that the Russians are currently trying to influence populations all over the world, including in their democratic elections. Why would it be difficult for anyone to believe that they aren't trying to capitalize on this tragedy and divide Americans to their own ends? The Russians are against us now, and they've been that way since before Nazi Germany fell. This segment of the debate is so strange to me...

What about the USA? OH I FORGOT you guys elect only the best and fight for freedom and put profits second behind humanitarian causes. You guys never hack or overthrow or fund terrorists or recognize annexatiojs or democratic movements when you want.

It's hilarious how terrified of Russians the Muricans have become since winning the Cold War.

It still doesn't account for the millions of lefties and hollywood and media shills calling for gun control. They're responsible for their part of the division on this issue as are the hardcore NRA types who refuse to budge on any compromise.

Russia is officially the "barbarians" of our times.

What about the USA? OH I FORGOT you guys elect only the best and fight for freedom and put profits second behind humanitarian causes. You guys never hack or overthrow or fund terrorists or recognize annexatiojs or democratic movements when you want.
Defensive much?

Hey @Seaside was it you who were saying the Russians were our friends?

Lmfao never mind, I see your crazy ass found its way here on its own.

WHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUT

WHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUTWHATABOUT
Settle down.

Their talking about this on CNN right now!

tenor.gif

<{MingNope}><Rodgers1>{<redford}

Back