600 Russian Troll/Bot Accounts Tweeting #guncontrolnow

So the Russians are doing what our media does everyday?

The outrage!

Done for profit motive.....cool

Done by Russians......cold war 2

Wait, what if the Russians are doing it for profit motive

There is this one Russian troll who’s on YouTube saying she’d confiscate all guns.

Oh wait nvm that just Dianne Feinstein.

if russian bot would be a political party i would vote it

Is there anything out there that explains how twitter hashtags from bots actually influences anything? Are corporations doing the same thing to get people to Live Más or to go Valveeta and Rotel?

It's just hard for me to believe tweets or facebook posts can cause such a schism and I haven't seen anything explaining how it works (or even if it works).

So the Russians are doing what our media does everyday?

The outrage!

Done for profit motive.....cool

Done by Russians......cold war 2

Wait, what if the Russians are doing it for profit motive

You should really avoid making posts on this subject. Every time I read a post by you on Russian interference, I lose more respect for you.

You should really avoid making posts on this subject. Every time I read a post by you on Russian interference, I lose more respect for you.

Lol, you know what I have zero respect For?

Replying to a post with a personal attack instead of substance.

It forever amazes me, when I see self proclaimed non-interventionist folk like yourself or homer, whom I'm sure watched Oliver stones untold history of the United states, could fall for this blatant propaganda.

It's going to take them pushing left leaning issues for people on the right to acknowledge that this a problem beyond whatever you believe with the collusion topic. This is a new weird type of warfare between countries. I think financial and digital (in terms of hacking) are more concerning but this seems like another front thats starting to happen.

Lol, you know what I have zero respect For?

Replying to a post with a personal attack instead of substance.

It forever amazes me, when I see self proclaimed non-interventionist folk like yourself or homer, whom I'm sure watched Oliver stones untold history of the United states, could fall for this blatant propaganda.

Because not all "non-interventionist" folks see diplomatic tolerance as some sort of reductive fucking dogma whereby any country has to take it up the ass or walk itself down the plank because handling other countries with big kid gloves is just too unsightly.

No one is advocating bombing Russia. Yet you are somehow denying, while simultaneously making excuses for and drawing false equivalencies towards, the flagrant Russian interference systemically aimed at sowing political discord and compromising our ability to govern ourselves.

Any plausibility of your "propaganda" narrative went out the door months ago. Yet, like any dogmatic person, you fail to respond to reason.

Because not all "non-interventionist" folks see diplomatic tolerance as some sort of reductive fucking dogma whereby any country has to take it up the ass or walk itself down the plank because handling other countries with big kid gloves is just too unsightly.

No one is advocating bombing Russia. Yet you are somehow denying, while simultaneously making excuses for and drawing false equivalencies towards, the flagrant Russian interference systemically aimed at sowing political discord and compromising our ability to govern ourselves.

Any plausibility of your "propaganda" narrative went out the door months ago. Yet, like any dogmatic person, you fail to respond to reason.

Ok, so do we meddle in the elections of Russian allies?

Yeah, cry me a river. Sorry if their big brother showed up, and showed us that is a two way road. How dare Russia not accept our self proclaimed legitimacy, that we obviously don't have.

Tell me next how Russia's occupation of the Ukraine is this great immoral act, while we invaded iraq, and occupy parts of Syria, Israel occupies the Golan heights in syria, ect.

It's going to take them pushing left leaning issues for people on the right to acknowledge that this a problem beyond whatever you believe with the collusion topic. This is a new weird type of warfare between countries. I think financial and digital (in terms of hacking) are more concerning but this seems like another front thats starting to happen.

There are already people online pushing for leftist ideals and beyond, regardless of where they are from. Is adding 600 bots to the conversation going to be the tipping point? The odd thing from the Russian hacking allegations is that the news/information they came up with doesn't seem uniquely fake and in the case of wikileaks just exposed the corruption between the DNC and media members.

It just feels different than something like stuxnet.

edit:
The US government's response to San Bernardino and personal encryption, trying to get Apple to put in backdoors to encryption, was more worrying to me than any foreign actors.

Ok, so do we meddle in the elections of Russian allies?

Currently, I don't know. As far as accessible information goes, I only know that we keep a fairly small one-million-dollar budget for funding liberal/right-wing groups in Venezuela.

But that doesn't matter and is completely irrelevant to our finding that, on a massive scale, a foreign country meddled with our elections for the sole purpose of weakening our political institutions and making our citizens hate each other and destabilize our country.

Yeah, cry me a river. Sorry if their big brother showed up, and showed us that is a two way road. How dare Russia not accept our self proclaimed legitimacy, that we obviously don't have.

This entire stanza is a non sequitur. This has nothing to do with Russia "accepting our self proclaimed legitimacy." I have no idea what that means. I think that Russia realizes the US as a sovereign country.

Tell me next how Russia's occupation of the Ukraine is this great immoral act, while we invaded iraq, and occupy parts of Syria, Israel occupies the Golan heights in syria, ect.

Try to stay on topic instead of constantly moving the subject matter towards some comparative foreign policy argument that, unlike your position on Russian interference, isn't moronic. We're not talking about Syria, Iraq, or Ukraine.

Get real man. The name of the game is Real Politik.

Reality is US hegemony is threatened by both china, and russia, and maybe even 1 day Iran. Also known as the axis of evil.

Their great sin? Having the resources, military, and population to be the regionally dominate power, and not bowing to our will.

There are already people online pushing for leftist ideals and beyond, regardless of where they are from. Is adding 600 bots to the conversation going to be the tipping point? The odd thing from the Russian hacking allegations is that the news/information they came up with doesn't seem uniquely fake and in the case of wikileaks just exposed the corruption between the DNC and media members.

It just feels different than something like stuxnet.

If there is another country specifically trying to involve US politics, I'm concerned even if it's to an insignificant degree. Its a possible warning to think out these issues early before it can be significant enough to affect us.

If there is another country specifically trying to involve US politics, I'm concerned even if it's to an insignificant degree. Its a possible warning to think out these issues early before it can be significant enough to affect us.

And what is the potential impact of AIPAC to our politics?

Or does this same logic not apply then?

And if it should, why doesn't it?

Get real man. The name of the game is Real Politik.

Reality is US hegemony is threatened by both china, and russia, and maybe even 1 day Iran. Also known as the axis of evil.

Their great sin? Having the resources, military, and population to be the regionally dominate power, and not bowing to our will.

Again, you can't stay on topic because you realize that this specific issue is not a microcosm of your narrative, which is intellectually challenging to you. Believe it or not, world history is not a composite of moral identical pieces. The United States may be a more nefarious actor than Russia actor, but that does not permit Russia to do anything it wants and it does not foreclose the United States' interest in political sovereignty and not having other countries actively sowing discord in our country.

China and Iran are irrelevant, although I'm probably the most vehement Iran defender on this forum. This has nothing to do with the "sin" of having power, but the undeniable reality of electoral interference and its threat to the operational status of our state.

Back