7 foot tall boxer: Taishan Dong

Moorer wasn't a very good fighter.

Really? I thought you would have really appreciated MIchael moorer...

a very solid south paw, who bufuddled many a good fighter...men who were much bigger than him...

he had some good/great rudimentary skills...his jab was excellent...

he just had a fragile chin...

It's painful to watch him fight. He's so awkward and unskilled. I can't bear to watch it, it offends my artistic sensibilities, and I'm only half joking about that.

Giant Dong still has glaring weaknesses like dropping his arm after throwing a straight before pulling it back and a general lack of head movement.

He's shown improvement though compared to his first fight, he was doing some things a lot better in his last fight.

Dude's still pretty young too so he's got a lot of time to build on that giant build of his.

^ It's not like you really consider Moorer a bad fighter. You just don't like watching southpaws.

That is a big dude.

^ It's not like you really consider Moorer a bad fighter. You just don't like watching southpaws.

I just think he's overrated for beating a guy who believed he was having a heart attack and getting KO'd by a man who should have had a heart attack.

It's painful to watch him fight. He's so awkward and unskilled. I can't bear to watch it, it offends my artistic sensibilities, and I'm only half joking about that.
I feel the same way about Ultimate Surrender.

Just watched this fight on the youtube. Dong got his quite often, he has nothing for the division. He is a made in China Valuev

Just watched this fight on the youtube. Dong got his quite often, he has nothing for the division. He is a made in China Valuev

He has improved a lot compared to his first fight he will probably never be champ but he could make for some fun fights if he improves (and as of now he is).
Being compared to Valuev isn't bad right now he is miles behind Valuev in terms of technique even though he hits harder but Valuev went on to win a title I don't think being compared to him isn't bad

Pretty jacked for a 7 footer , must be a reason he's not playing bball?

I just think he's overrated for beating a guy who believed he was having a heart attack and getting KO'd by a man who should have had a heart attack.

So you like watching southpaws?

He has improved a lot compared to his first fight he will probably never be champ but he could make for some fun fights if he improves (and as of now he is).
Being compared to Valuev isn't bad right now he is miles behind Valuev in terms of technique even though he hits harder but Valuev went on to win a title I don't think being compared to him isn't bad

Well, by saying a made in China Valuev, I was implying he will fall apart pretty soon. I was only comparing their height. He fights nothing like Valuev and was getting tagged pretty often by someone 3-1, now 3-2.

He has no sugar in him the way Valuev does/did.

I thought Dong looked to be fighting on pretty even terms with his last opponent. He's not going far in the sport.

Back