7 foot tall boxer: Taishan Dong

I thought Dong looked to be fighting on pretty even terms with his last opponent. He's not going far in the sport.

Hush.
B-hop lost his pro debute.
God damn Henry Armstrong was KOed in 3 at his.

Well, by saying a made in China Valuev, I was implying he will fall apart pretty soon. I was only comparing their height. He fights nothing like Valuev and was getting tagged pretty often by someone 3-1, now 3-2.

He has no sugar in him the way Valuev does/did.

Skill wise his opponent wasn't that bad though he was old and not that lean to say the least but he seemed crafty and had some skills I mean it's the only time I've seen his opponent fight but the guy didn't seem like a horrible boxer (for a low level journeyman)

I always find it interesting how much size and strength can matter in combat sport. The K1/MMA parallel is Bob Sapp for mine, sure he was viewed as a bit of a joke but he beat Ernesto Hoost twice in K1 and won the Grand Prix once as well. The talent pool is probably shallower in those sports but still an interesting thought.

He doesn't look exactly 7 feet to me, valuev seemed taller.

He does seem to have a VERY stiff jab and good cardio for his size.

He recently knocked out another top contender. Guy in the red trunks clearly looks like a heavyweight version of Vasyl Lomachenko, but this time he fucked with the wrong Dong:

With this spectacular victory it's time for Dong to develop a really cool entrance and pick the right music. How about Sisqo's thong song?

I've never seen a HW move so fast and that defence with those ungodly reflexes! He's like the giant chinese version of Mayweather

I always find it interesting how much size and strength can matter in combat sport. The K1/MMA parallel is Bob Sapp for mine, sure he was viewed as a bit of a joke but he beat Ernesto Hoost twice in K1 and won the Grand Prix once as well. The talent pool is probably shallower in those sports but still an interesting thought.

Sapp didnt win the world grand prix. Iirc he won some smaller tournaments, but the best he ever did at the world GP was when he beat Hoost, which was the quarter finals.

He's a freak show but promotable because of it.

He recently knocked out another top contender. Guy in the red trunks clearly looks like a heavyweight version of Vasyl Lomachenko, but this time he fucked with the wrong Dong:

With this spectacular victory it's time for Dong to develop a really cool entrance and pick the right music. How about Sisqo's thong song?

Brings back memories of Corrales/Castillo Round 10...

I think it would be awesome to watch Taishan pull off the Ali shuffle.

They should probably raise that bag up for Giant Dong

How athletic can he get really? I mean if we follow the square cube law, he is going to have a hard time moving around, no matter how good of a training he gets. His hips are so far away from the ground it's hard for him to balance and glide across the ring.

How athletic can he get really? I mean if we follow the square cube law, he is going to have a hard time moving around, no matter how good of a training he gets. His hips are so far away from the ground it's hard for him to balance and glide across the ring.

if he's even half as athletic as Yao [he isn't], he is looking at 8 figure paydays as the great Chinese hype. Shiming couldnt do it, but a 7 ft can crusher can become a national icon if he keeps getting KO's.

Whatever happened to this guy? No fights since 2015. I need more giant Dong in my life.

Wonder if that is that 7ft tall guy that was called "The Riverman" a few years back that Jose Suliman was talking about.

You can see me sitting in the front row in this vid

No autographs

Back