70's Hard Rock Thread

Jimmy Jazz

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Post your favorites, especially the rarer stuff. I'll start out.

Last edited:

If i ever get my dream car, a '69 Dodge Charger R/T, this song will be blaring as i take every single corner i can find sideways.

Last edited:
Deep Purple Black Night 1970

Thin Lizzy late 70's

Rainbow 1979

Last edited:
Japanese 70s psych rock to add a little variety

But Vehicle remains to this day one of my all time favorites for the genre

Jesus i'm old

Also soul/funk master Lee Moses of 'Bad Girl' fame

...managed to turn California Dreaming (a song that has been covered enough times to kill everyone's parents spiritually dead)

Into one of the hardest fucking songs ever

James Brown took one listen to that and actually said "goddamn tell that boy to shut the fuck up before we all lose our jobs, man"

There is only one acceptable volume to listen to Lee Moses songs, and that is cranked until your eardrums hurt

I'll keep it to 1 song per group and I'll start off with the more well known ones:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Derek and the Dominos - Layla

The Who - Baba O'Riley

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody

Aerosmith - Sweet Emotion

ZZ Top - Tush

Van Halen - Runnin' With the Devil

I'll keep it to 1 song per group and I'll start off with the more well known ones:

Derek and the Dominos - Layla
It doesn't get much better then Eric Clapton and Duane Allman playing together.

Some great studd posted, so far. A couple of obscure tracks, off the top of my head:

I never thought I'd ever type these words, but... Keep up the good work, Sherdoggers.

This right here is amazing, does stray a bit from the hard rock genre since its prog rock but for me its a mix of both.

Highly underrated and influential hard rock band that straddles the line between hard and heavy metal. Iron Maiden, Metallica, The Melvins, Megadeth, Van Halen, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden just to name a few all cite them is highly influential to them.

And finally just barely behind Metallica as my all time favorite band Thin Lizzy. Also a word of note, Thin Lizzy is one of the main influences on Metallica. Phil Lynott is in my opinion the greatest songwriter I've ever come across. Not to mention Thin Lizzy was the introduction to the twin guitar harmony in music for many a legendary musician.

This right here is amazing, does stray a bit from the hard rock genre since its prog rock but for me its a mix of both.

Highly underrated and influential hard rock band that straddles the line between hard and heavy metal. Iron Maiden, Metallica, The Melvins, Megadeth, Van Halen, Alice In Chains and Soundgarden just to name a few all cite them is highly influential to them.

And finally just barely behind Metallica as my all time favorite band Thin Lizzy. Also a word of note, Thin Lizzy is one of the main influences on Metallica. Phil Lynott is in my opinion the greatest songwriter I've ever come across. Not to mention Thin Lizzy was the introduction to the twin guitar harmony in music for many a legendary musician.

I'm very lucky to have seen Budgie play twice. Both times with Burke Shelley, Steve Williams and Craig Goldy. The last time was about eight years ago and the could still hang with any band in the world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back