$716 billion defense budget.......Wow...

GhostZ06

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration reportedly plans to seek a defense budget of $716 billion as part of its fiscal 2019 budget request.

The figure, first reported by The Washington Post, would represent an increase over the figure authorized by members of Congress for fiscal 2018, money which has yet to be appropriated.

The Trump administration’s FY18 budget for defense came in at $603 billion — $18.5 billion more than the Obama administration projected for 2018, a number that defense hawks instantly declared was too small.

In response, the House passed a $696.5 billion National Defense Authorization Act, with the Senate passing one at $700 billion.

Members of the defense committees, including Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman John McCain, R-Ariz., expressed frustration during the budget process that Mattis was not being more vocal about the need for additional defense spending.

Correction: the original version of this story stated the proposed budget figure was $217 billion. That total proposed is $716 billion

https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon/2018/01/26/is-the-pentagon-getting-a-raise-in-fy19/

Jesus fucking christ.......The soviet union come back? WTF?

TS, you're into this stuff- are we going to be at the forefront of weaponized AI? How fucked are we, if not?

@GhostZ06

TS, you're into this stuff- are we going to be at the forefront of weaponized AI? How fucked are we, if not?

@GhostZ06

we already are the forefront of weaponized ai, they're called drones. Though a lot of the interesting concepts have been all but canceled.

military wise we arent fucked... however if you want more advanced tech, we need to invest more in Science& R&D and space tech, that actually influences weapons technology

It is nuts.

They don't even give a reason for why it just kept going up.

This shit honestly belongs in a cartoon, not reality.

That's insane. We need to fix a lot of things more than we need to feed the military industrial complex 700 billion dollars in one year.

Imagine all the health care, education and infrastructure that could provide. There'd even be left over for other fun stuff.

we already are the forefront of weaponized ai, they're called drones. Though a lot of the interesting concepts have been all but canceled.

military wise we arent fucked... however if you want more advanced tech, we need to invest more in Science& R&D and space tech, that actually influences weapons technology

I meant more fully autonomous. I'm sure there's more than meets the eye, but most experts have serious concerns over drones working on their own because we're SO far effective with the tech right now. Is this incorrect?

I would think Russia might play a little more fast and loose when it comes to autonomy in a war zone.

Well shit

I thought trump said we were in too many countries wasting money.

Bullshit.

Hey man, the Pentagon needs more free money to clean the toilet drain with.

The best armaments cost money.

Last edited:
We've been significantly degraded over the past 8 years of Obama's presidency - and 15 years of continual warfare kinda fucked our stuff up.

BTW - we about to kick it off.

Not because of Trump though. It's because....we're America. It's what we do~

I really wish we would pull out of Germany. Getting rid of that base alone must be a 100 billion a year.

Back