80's Best Pop Artists & Bands V2

80's Best pop astists & bands?

• Total voters

Sir Galahad

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I remember the 80's to be the best decade for pop music. The poll consists of groups that made an impact during that time period. Sorry if your favorite artists didn't make the poll.

The following have been eliminated. ABC, A-ha, A Flock Of Seagulls, Culture Club, Kajagoogoo, Johnny hates Jazz, Soft Cell and Spandau Ballet.

I'll do a poll on the 80's best singers in the future.

Here's the link to Round 1.
forums.sherdog.com/threads/80s-best-pop-groups.3541875/

Round 2 begins now.

8314353234_2857b33c03_b.jpg

Some of these bands I would consider more Rock or New Wave than Pop so I went with Pet Shop Boys. They were Pop masters.

If you are a Pop fan, you owe it to yourself to listen to the first 3 albums. Almost every song sounds like a radio single and is well produced, catchy, clever and not just disposable Pop trash.

1986 - Please
1987 - Actually
1988 - Introspective

I voted: Crowded House, Eurythmics, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Bon Jovi and Cutting Crew

I think of thise on the list, I like Bon Jovi the best and that they were the greatest overall.

Last edited:
Some of these bands I would consider more Rock or New Wave than Pop so I went with Pet Shop Boys. They were Pop masters.

If you are a Pop fan, you owe it to yourself to listen to the first 3 albums. Almost every song sounds like a radio single and is well produced, catchy, clever and not just disposable Pop trash.

1986 - Please
1987 - Actually
1988 - Introspective

Didn't put that in the OP because nobody seems to read it. @Senzo Tanaka

The first 5 were easy to choose, but the last one was difficult. I threw in some '80s songs with them.

Tears for Fears - Head over Heels, Shout, Mad World, Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Sowing the Seeds of Love
Depeche Mode - People Are People, Never Let Me Down Again, Personal Jesus, Strangelove, Just Can't Get Enough
Genesis - Misunderstanding, Mama, That's All, Throwing It All Away, Land of Confusion
The Police - Wrapped Around Your Finger, Invisible Sun, Every Breath You Take, Don't Stand So Close to Me, Synchronicity II
Dire Straits - Tunnel of Love, Romeo and Juliet, Expresso Love, Money for Nothing, Walk of Life
INXS - Never Tear Us Apart, Need You Tonight, New Sensation, What You Need, Stay Young

Last edited:
Sting is playing on the radio at my job, right now.

I didn't vote for the Police. Fuck them.

New Order, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran for me.

R.E. Prince and Michael Jackson missing from version 1

They'll be in my next pole. @Jackonfire

Guess you're still snow blind.

Your poll is still lacking. How about REO fucking Speedwagon? Hi Infidelity remained on the charts for 65 weeks, 32 of which were spent in the top ten, including 15 weeks atop the Billboard 200. Hi Infidelity sold over 10 million copies. Yet didn't appear on either of your polls.

REO_Speedwagon_Hi_Infidelity_CD_cover.JPG

And I swear to god, don't make me start posting Foreigner videos.

220px-Foreigner_-_4.jpg

Did U2 make any good songs recently? Seems like they made a new CD.

R.E. Prince and Michael Jackson missing from version 1

Guess you're still snow blind.

Your poll is still lacking. How about REO fucking Speedwagon? Hi Infidelity remained on the charts for 65 weeks, 32 of which were spent in the top ten, including 15 weeks atop the Billboard 200. Hi Infidelity sold over 10 million copies. Yet didn't appear on either of your polls.

REO_Speedwagon_Hi_Infidelity_CD_cover.JPG

And I swear to god, don't make me start posting Foreigner videos.

220px-Foreigner_-_4.jpg

I didn't put REO Speedwagon in the poll is they're more a 70's band. @Jackonfire

Back