80's Best Pop Artists & Bands V2

80's Best pop astists & bands?

• Total voters
Voted for: Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Hall & Oates, Pet Shop Boys, Tears for Fears, and The Police. Very good list of bands but I voted for the bands with the most lasting effect. Bon Jovi could be on there but I only like two or three of their songs.

FYI: TFF put out a new song recently. I thought a whole new album was coming out but I guess not.

I didn't put REO Speedwagon in the poll is they're more a 70's band. @Jackonfire
cough, BULLSHIT, cough

On November 21, 1980, REO Speedwagon released Hi Infidelity, which represented a change in sound, going from hard rock to more pop-oriented material. Hi Infidelity spawned four hit singles written by Richrath and Cronin, including the chart-topping "Keep On Loving You" plus "Take It on the Run", "In Your Letter" , and "Don't Let Him Go". Two years later the album Wheels Are Turnin', included the #1 hit single "Can't Fight This Feeling" plus three more hits: "I Do' Wanna Know" "One Lonely Night" and "Live Every Moment".

But hey, you still don't think Michael Jackson or Prince rank as 80's pop artists.

Best selling Pop album of all time (66 million copies sold) came out in 1982. But according to Cint, doesn't qualify. Wonder why?

R-2911293-1306886392.jpeg.jpg

3rd best selling soundtrack of all time came out in 1984 yet Cint doesn't think it worthy. Beginning to see a pattern here

R-194021-1335400289.jpeg.jpg

35 years ago 1980's music changed and put on notice. But Cint doesn't want you to notice.

DON'T VOTE FOR PRINCE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T!

cough, BULLSHIT, cough

On November 21, 1980, REO Speedwagon released Hi Infidelity, which represented a change in sound, going from hard rock to more pop-oriented material. Hi Infidelity spawned four hit singles written by Richrath and Cronin, including the chart-topping "Keep On Loving You" plus "Take It on the Run", "In Your Letter" , and "Don't Let Him Go". Two years later the album Wheels Are Turnin', included the #1 hit single "Can't Fight This Feeling" plus three more hits: "I Do' Wanna Know" "One Lonely Night" and "Live Every Moment".

But hey, you still don't think Michael Jackson or Prince rank as 80's pop artists.

Alrighty then. I get your point. MJ and Prince will be in my next poll. :rolleyes:

Remember - doesn't qualify across two different polls of best 80's Pop Stars according to Cint.

Alrighty then. I get your point. MJ and Prince will be in my next poll. :rolleyes:
Yeah. Heard that one before.:rolleyes: After your 1st 80's poll when I pointed out the apparent white washing.

2nd poll just confirmed what I already knew about you. I mean, you put Wham on your poll but left off Prince, lol. If I were you, I'd be embarrassed to even put up a 3rd poll at this point.

Voted: INXS, New Order, Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, Pet Shop Boys, The Cars.

Didn't vote for some of the other groups cause too much of their A+ output came in the 70s (Blondie and The Police), or 90s (Depeche Mode).

Last edited:
Back