80s Pop Gems

G

Guestx

Been going through an 80s pop phase lately. I know it's the nostalgia talking, but pop songs from the time felt more substantial and relevant than the stuff from today.

Here are a few gems from the era. Offer comments if you have any, and add your own picks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the best Madonna song. The most underrated at the least.

Been going through an 80s pop phase lately. I know it's the nostalgia talking, but pop songs from the time felt more substantial and relevant than the stuff from today.

Here are a few gems from the era. Offer comments if you have any, and please add your own picks!

Guilty Pleasure

Here are a few gems from the era. Offer comments if you have any, and please add your own picks!

Woooooow. We must be the same age. I was thinking about "Touch Me " before I opened this thread. The other two are awesome too. Just wow.

I'll add three more from that era:

"Two of Hearts" - Stacey Q

"Heaven Is a Place On Earth" - Belinda Carlisle

"Boom Boom" - Paul Lekakis

Last edited:
@In The Name Of, good call on Two of Hearts and Heaven is a Place on Earth! Those are good tracks.

As for Touch Me, it's actually kind of a funny story. I do not remember that song from the 80s for whatever reason. Nor do I even remember Samantha Fox. But a few months ago I was talking to this guy about 80s hairstyles and I ran a Google Image search for "hot 80s girl." Sam Fox was one of the results and I was like, "Holy shit! Who is that?!" She stood out to me more than any of the other results. So I started looking into her and then found out that she made some music, and then I checked out some of her songs.

And that's how I found Touch Me. It's really a solid 80s tune.

I'm 35 BTW.

@In The Name Of, good call on Two of Hearts and Heaven is a Place on Earth! Those are good tracks.

As for Touch Me, it's actually kind of a funny story. I do not remember that song from the 80s for whatever reason. Nor do I even remember Samantha Fox. But a few months ago I was talking to this guy about 80s hairstyles and I ran a Google Image search for "hot 80s girl." Sam Fox was one of the results and I was like, "Holy shit! Who is that?!" She stood out to me more than any of the other results. So I started looking into her and then found out that she made some music, and then I checked out some of her songs.

And that's how I found Touch Me. It's really a solid 80s tune.

I'm 35 BTW.

Interesting stuff. I remember as a kid in the 80s just loving Touch Me and Two Of Hearts right around the same time. I find that strange and cool you just found out about that song. It brings back memories.

Interesting stuff. I remember as a kid in the 80s just loving Touch Me and Two Of Hearts right around the same time. I find that strange and cool you just found out about that song. It brings back memories.

Yeah, I dunno man. I was pretty young in the 80s. Maybe if I had been a teenager or something I would've known about it, but I've asked a few friends who are either my age or a little older and none of them had ever heard of Sam Fox either.

It's a good song, though. And I was taken enough by Sam Fox that I made a thread about her:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/samantha-fox-hottest-80s-chick-of-all-time.3423757/

It's a shame that she's a whore who flashed her tits to everyone who asked, though. I prefer my ladies to be a little classier than that.

Yeah, I dunno man. I was pretty young in the 80s. Maybe if I had been a teenager or something I would've known about it, but I've asked a few friends who are either my age or a little older and none of them had ever heard of Sam Fox either.

It's a good song, though. And I was taken enough by Sam Fox that I made a thread about her:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/samantha-fox-hottest-80s-chick-of-all-time.3423757/

It's a shame that she's a whore who flashed her tits to everyone who asked, though. I prefer my ladies to be a little classier than that.

She also became a lesbian late in life and was in a relationship with her manager I think it was. She died just recently.

BTW, I didn't mean it was strange in a bad way. More like strange and cool that people are finding out about some of these great 80s singers who weren't that we'll known.

Also, I agree with you on the classier for women to remain clothed than flashing the public.

She also became a lesbian late in life and was in a relationship with her manager I think it was. She died just recently.

BTW, I didn't mean it was strange in a bad way. More like strange and cool that people are finding out about some of these great 80s singers who weren't that we'll known.

Also, I agree with you on the classier for women to remain clothed than flashing the public.

By "she died just recently" I assume you mean Sam's partner, not Sam herself.

Yes, that.

Indeed.

Well whatever poor personal decisions she may have made in your opinion or mine, she was mind-bogglingly good looking to me.

Picture of perfection right here:

samanthafox1.jpg

Indeed.

Well whatever poor personal decisions she may have made in your opinion or mine, she was mind-bogglingly good looking to me.

Picture of perfection right here:

samanthafox1.jpg

Very good looking.

She and Stacy Q . . Touch Me and Two of Hearts were probably equally my favorites in '86 or whatever year that was.

Very good looking.

She and Stacy Q . . Touch Me and Two of Hearts were probably equally my favorites in '86 or whatever year that was.

I can tell you it was '87 because just yesterday I picked up this CD from the library and Touch Me is on there (yes, that's right, I still check stuff out from the library):

0000012863.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back