80's Revival: Synthwave/Vapor/Future/Chillwave/Retro-Electro/Outrun/Etc.

Dance with the dead is very good. Check out MASK.

I'm a huge cyberpunk fan, just recently got into Synthwave and I've been enjoying. Lately I've been listening to Perturbator.

w3gl4LY.jpg

2 of my fave producers of the genre. Both are excellent.

This will make you feel like a damn superstar.

Just too damn good..

STARCAT needs to release some new tracks. CHOON!

I always loved Tangerine Dream.. Michael Mann, John Carpenter soundtrack style stuff.

After listening to the soundtrack to Hotline Miami I started searching for similar music and found Miami Nights 1984, Lazerhawk, Com Truise, Power Glove, Mitch Murder, Flashworx, etc.

Such good fucking music. Great to drive to. I'm glad this thread exists.. I'm marking my spot so I can listen to some of these suggestions at work.

I'd play the shit out of this arcade if this was the music..

I always loved Tangerine Dream.. Michael Mann, John Carpenter soundtrack style stuff.

After listening to the soundtrack to Hotline Miami I started searching for similar music and found Miami Nights 1984, Lazerhawk, Com Truise, Power Glove, Mitch Murder, Flashworx, etc.

Such good fucking music. Great to drive to. I'm glad this thread exists.. I'm marking my spot so I can listen to some of these suggestions at work.

True, I found out about it from the movie Drive (then Refn's Only God Forgives), Hotline Miami (1&2) and Farcry 3: Blood Dragon (Power Gloves awesome soundtrack). It's been creeping up in other movies now too like Michael C. Halls "Cold in July" soundtrack. I hope to hear it become more mainstream in games and movies cause it's amazing music.

Last edited:
Dance with the Dead is going to be dropping a new album soon. Well at least he keeps teasing it on his facebook. Sounds awesome though. In the mean time here is the song made famous by Real Life GTA..

Crazy about Miami Nights 1984 lately

Miami Nights 1984 is great.

Man wtf Maniac Synths channel got shut down. I hate YouTube sometimes.

Gunship is also a great album, can't really say anything bad about any of their tracks.

Latest Com Truise remix is magic

I must thank the thread starter and all the contributors for this thread for introducing me to synthwave. I found some nice compilations on Spotify and play it all the time in my car. This music takes me to really happy places - I grew up in the 80's and listening to it one can feel like in a 80's movie. Thanks so much :cool:

I must thank the thread starter and all the contributors for this thread for introducing me to synthwave. I found some nice compilations on Spotify and play it all the time in my car. This music takes me to really happy places - I grew up in the 80's and listening to it one can feel like in a 80's movie. Thanks so much :cool:

You're very welcome! I too fell instantly in love with it. I thought it was cheesy at first but it really grows on you. Music from the 80's definitely wasn't bad even though chumps always try to remind us that it was.

Can't sleep 4am
The rain it taps against your window pane
Outside, dead of night
Streets are empty there's no sign of life
Go outside, it feels right
To wash away your dreams and your desire
But you're not only
You realize
You try to speak but you can only cry
Wake up, sleepy eyes
Evaluate the .... (?)
But you can recall the face at all
Of the lover from so long ago
Of the lover lost so long ago
The rain fell hard so long ago

I don't recall posting this track ITT. It's amazeballs! What an epic remix by Power Glove.

EDIT: Post 46 oops yup I posted it already.. Alright here's another random one then..

Some nice Outrun..

Back