9mm or .40cal for long range shooting

That's true and also makes sense if they are adopting stuff from other groups sticking with what is already there would eliminate the issue of getting the wrong mags.

If it were up to me, I'd also go with the 19. I've been shooting them for years and while tthe 17 is cool, I like the 19 better. Just feels better but I shoot the 2 about the same.
Someday I want to do a Gen 3 17, do all my usual grip reductions, and then cut the magwell down to the size of a 19.... Best size for the grip and get the nice long sight radius and instant hickok45 accuracy of course.

They'd never let you customize the grip on a duty weapon, would they?

Someday I want to do a Gen 3 17, do all my usual grip reductions, and then cut the magwell down to the size of a 19.... Best size for the grip and get the nice long sight radius and instant hickok45 accuracy of course.

No I don't think you can do anything to a duty weapon. I know a company abfewbyears ago was making a removable larger bolt handle for rifles because so many military snipers wanted those cool badger levers but were t allowed to modify guns.

I've had grip work done on a g19 but the only 17 I have is an rtf2 model so I don't want to hack it up as they are semi-rare/ hard to find.

Doubt it, I can understand why, again, lowest common denominator. Retard puts a hair trigger on their duty gun and NDs a civilian. Retard puts a weapon light on his duty pistol, then becomes his primary illumination tool, regardless of the situation. And so on....

No I don't think you can do anything to a duty weapon. I know a company abfewbyears ago was making a removable larger bolt handle for rifles because so many military snipers wanted those cool badger levers but were t allowed to modify guns.

I've had grip work done on a g19 but the only 17 I have is an rtf2 model so I don't want to hack it up as they are semi-rare/ hard to find.
Let me know if you want any others done when you get back stateside. Bring it thru Oregon and I'll hack it up for free... double undercut, remove the hump from the grip, remove finger grooves, magwell cuts, whatever.. have that bitch lookin like a 1911 :). I stippled a smiley face into the grip on my FDE 19 and a peace sign on my 43 so they peak out from IWB. It's hilarious.

Doubt it, I can understand why, again, lowest common denominator. Retard puts a hair trigger on their duty gun and NDs a civilian. Retard puts a weapon light on his duty pistol, then becomes his primary illumination tool, regardless of the situation. And so on....
Holy sheet - you can't use weapon lights?!

Holy sheet - you can't use weapon lights?!
We can't and I don't think I've ever seen any other Canadian LEO with one, save for maybe ERT (SWAT-ish) with lights on their C8s (ARs).

For the regular LEOs, it's all about the Cirillo, Ayoob, Harries and FBI illumination techniques.

We can't and I don't think I've ever seen any other Canadian LEO with one, save for maybe ERT (SWAT-ish) with lights on their C8s (ARs).

For the regular LEOs, it's all about the Cirillo, Ayoob, Harries and FBI illumination techniques.

Probably a good idea, I've seen a stupid cop pointing a gun at a person because the light was mounted to the gun.

I think the 19 was already in use by several branches so they just adopted it. Lots of people don't seem to like the palm swell of the 17 (dosent bother me) but it's also probably an issue of popularity as the 19 is glocks most popular model by a huuuuge margin.

I'd read of lots of pilots, delta and other type groups using the 19, I think delta uses the 22 pretty regularly too.
I suppose I could see that.

Granted, my 23 is essentially the same size as a 19 and I can't see how someone can comfortably use something larger like the 17 is and I come from 1911s.

I suppose I could see that.

Granted, my 23 is essentially the same size as a 19 and I can't see how someone can comfortably use something larger like the 17 is and I come from 1911s.

Yeah I like the 17 just fine if I was told to carry a 17 I'd be fine with that. If I was given a choice, I'd grab a 19. Especially a 2nd generation one with no finger grooves.

Now if you ever see a gen 1 g19, that's probably one of the rarest modern firearms on the planet.

yes i'm stocking 9mm up currently... thanks for the website, most likely will buy from this site when i get the .40.

ignore both. get 10mm. be happy.
10mm is down the road... maybe 5-6 guns from now.

light is usually for self defense... however... mounting a light, with the added weight, helps with recoil.

jerry miculeks competition m&p has a light..

yes i'm stocking 9mm up currently... thanks for the website, most likely will buy from this site when i get the .40.

light is usually for self defense... however... mounting a light, with the added weight, helps with recoil.

They have great deals on all ammo, you just need to watch for the deals as they sell out pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure he is aware. He was saying why he and fellow officers in his police department can't have lights on their duty pistols. Some idiot would probably use the weapon light as a general use flashlight. And that wouldn't surprise me lol

10mm is down the road... maybe 5-6 guns from now.

Jerry Miculek can't actually have a light mounted during a competition, it's actually in the rule book because the added weight and reduced muzzle flip gives competitors an "unfair" advantage. Maybe someday there will be a change which allows it, in which case, the market will be dominated by the company which makes the most "recoil" reducing weapon light...or which ever company offers the most freebies for sponsorship and advertisement.

yesterday i sent about $500 worth of 9mm ammo down the range.

today apart from stocking up on my other calibers.... this happened::
8cf65b_3e9c90f3cde048c9bb699232dcecd57b.jpg

since I am new-ish to 9mm.. is there a preference for you guys as far as a home defense round?
thanks

Buy a box or two of whatever brand and weight hollowpoint you like and shoot it to see if it functions properly in your gun.

yesterday i sent about $500 worth of 9mm ammo down the range.

today apart from stocking up on my other calibers.... this happened::
8cf65b_3e9c90f3cde048c9bb699232dcecd57b.jpg

since I am new-ish to 9mm.. is there a preference for you guys as far as a home defense round?
thanks

I'm partial to Remington Golden Sabers for a defense round.

For range stuff avoid the cheaper steel cased ammo, lots of indoor ranges don't allow it because the company that picks up their brass hates having to pick it out.

I'm partial to Remington Golden Sabers for a defense round.

For range stuff avoid the cheaper steel cased ammo, lots of indoor ranges don't allow it because the company that picks up their brass hates having to pick it out.

the indoor ranges here only allow use of ammo purchased there... thankfully washington has tons of forest roads to go off of...

I'll probably go buy a couple of samples to see what the gun likes best... so far it has eaten everything without issue

Back