A 2017 Ford GT sold for 1.65 million dollars

bad seed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
haddywrrblfug9bwxrbo.jpg

that's right, a regular ol Ford GT (not the priceless classics) sold for 1.65 million at auction. Less than a year after purchasing it for 450k. He tripled his investment in just a few months.

Now you might be considering flipping one yourself if its that easy. But first of all, you need to send in an application to Ford to even be on the waiting list. And this is a very exclusive club- numerous wealthy celebrities were rejected. And secondly, you are bound to a contract preventing you from selling it for a specified length of time (I think it's 3 years, but I'm not sure). John Cena is currently being sued by Ford for selling his.

So how did this guy sell his?

They aren't/didn't make many of them from what I remember reading.

Either way, it's a Ford.. meh

Do they lose a ton of value the second you're allowed to sell them? Sounds like a giant scam/joke.
no one knows because this is only the second one to ever be resold (after Cena's). Ford made these rules specificially so collectors wouldnt corner this market just to preserve them in some collection. They wanted the owners to drive the fuck out of these things and be visible on the road.

The studio building these (all hand built in Canada) can only produce 250 a year, and its on the final year of its 3 year run. So they're rare, but not excessively so like dozen Paganis built per year.

Lol at paying that much for a Ford.

And now you can walk into a Chevy dealer and get a ZR1.

so what do you think is a reasonable price for "a Ford"?

the 1968 version sold for 11 million recently.
81615f65426217b69fc89531921c302e9c28b59d.jpg

A green one hit the wall nose first at the Nurburging last week. It tore the entire front end off.

A green one hit the wall nose first at the Nurburging last week. It tore the entire front end off.
ford-gt40-gets-destroyed-in-nurburgring-crash-during-24h-classic-race-125633_1.jpg

:(
Imagine how shitty you feel after sliding into a wall and realizing you just totalled a multimillion dollar car.

ford-gt40-gets-destroyed-in-nurburgring-crash-during-24h-classic-race-125633_1.jpg

Imagine how shitty you feel after sliding into a wall and realizing you just totalled a multimillion dollar car.

It looks like it was an MK1. There's no way that car will get parted out, someone will buy it and fix it if the owner doesn't.

Look at it this way, even if it's parted out the car went out doing what it was designed to do. Sad, yes. But at least it didn't get rear ended by a soccer mom in a suburban.

I'm in the business. Lots of guys do track driving. Lots of guys drive cars you wouldn't believe on open roads. It's a bummer when it happens but for most of these high end collectors financially it means very little. I have a client in the US that smashed his GTO Ferrari...his wife was seriously injured and the worst part financial was that there were public photos of the damage. It's still a 40m car in all likelihood, but that is a bad story for sellability down the line.

wait til this starts to hit the streets.

I'm in the business. Lots of guys do track driving. Lots of guys drive cars you wouldn't believe on open roads. It's a bummer when it happens but for most of these high end collectors financially it means very little. I have a client in the US that smashed his GTO Ferrari...his wife was seriously injured and the worst part financial was that there were public photos of the damage. It's still a 40m car in all likelihood, but that is a bad story for sellability down the line.
car dealer or insurance broker?

it's nice to know someone's nutty enough to drive their (250?) GTO hard. How much in repairs is that gonna be?

I would love to get one of the Bullitt coming out this summer.

Out of my price range though and do not want to finance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back