A Betting Site Just Robbed Me, Someone Help Me Understand This...

Hard to dispute this since

A. It's overseas
B. It's an illegal gambling website

They know they have you over a barrel. It's like calling the cops because someone stole your heroin.

This was never the case when I was in Risk for a transaction processor. All a client would have to do was say it was fraud. When the bank would call, I would present a mountain of evidence, point to a history of charges over years, and provide the email history from the client.

The bank would thank me for my time and claw back the funds. It didn't matter how much proof I had.

I just had to change card numbers when I realized that I was being hosed anywhere from 2.55, to 6.99 a day from a fraudulent site.

If they had been using higher amounts I would have caught it much quicker.

This went on for months for a total of well over a grand.

TS was there a reason you skipped right over my post below?

Do I have something wrong there?

If i try to pay you and its refused the money is either in my bank or being returned to my bank if you did not get paid or it was clawed back after you got paid.

In all situations I got my money back.

So if your gaming Co never got your money, then it is still in your account. If they got it originally but then your bank or CC company clawed it back, then you have it back. What am I missing?

So the good news TS is that this should be revenue neutral for you. You should lose no money.

If your bank disputed something they either paid and took the money back or just never forwarded it. This was money that was either taken out of your bank and will be returned or it was never taken and forwarded to begin with.

If the site does not have your money your back does and it's available to you. The bank will not be keeping it.

That's complicated.

This act passed because of one man who'd been trying to push it through for years, until he finally got there. He had to be pretty sneaky to cross the finish line, there was a lot of resistance because of how many people really enjoy playing poker. Voting to pass the act was political suicide for a lot of people.

The official reasons were money laundering (which absolutely existed and continues), morality, and gambling addiction. It's impossible to be sure what the real reasons were, but Bill Frist had campaigned on making online gambling illegal for years.

Also, it's not like online gaming wasn't generating tax revenue, and if more was their goal, they could have increased it exponentially by legalizing it and controlling how money was transferred.

International gambling sites I mean.

In Australia it's about tax revenue.

We lose more per head than any other nation. Singapore in 2nd at like 70%as much as us.

I don't have the objection to online gambling any where near as strongly as I do to with the poker machines that plague this country. NSW containing more than Vegas.

I don't know if online sites employ psychologists to keep people playing but pokey manufacturers do.

My solution is simply increase their tax rate 1% every year.

It's not great to associate your online ID with a clawback.

It will get your account disabled, and possibly any future accounts with any other company.

Sure, you can open other accounts, but if you try it with any decent company, they'll find you.

Was only kinda serious, but you could always ask them what happened and see what they say.

As to clawbacks I don't really get what you are saying. It's simply a refund due to fraud. Basically every petspe with a credit card has a clawback or unidentified fraud on their card.

Ive had probably 6 occasions where I found false charges and been refunded. Once I was double charged for a taxi and they refunded both, which was nice. Oh and banks constantly throw credit at me, so I don't think that's an issue.

I just had to change card numbers when I realized that I was being hosed anywhere from 2.55, to 6.99 a day from a fraudulent site.

If they had been using higher amounts I would have caught it much quicker.

This went on for months for a total of well over a grand.

Check your statements people!!

I assure you anyone who has ever worked in a bank does.

Not if they do it to everyone who uses the site. This is what credit card companies, and just about every American business does now. Instead of looking to scam a few people out of lots of money, scam everyone out of a little money. They’re less likely to do anything about it, and it actually generates more revenue to do it that way.

Bell Canada is killing it then lmao

Was only kinda serious, but you could always ask them what happened and see what they say.

As to clawbacks I don't really get what you are saying. It's simply a refund due to fraud. Basically every petspe with a credit card has a clawback or unidentified fraud on their card.

Ive had probably 6 occasions where I found false charges and been refunded. Once I was double charged for a taxi and they refunded both, which was nice. Oh and banks constantly throw credit at me, so I don't think that's an issue.

I'm in the middle of several conversations at the moment so there may be some confusion.

If you deposit into a gaming account, and the charge is disputed, the funds are clawed back. This is a huge black mark against your gaming account. If you went through a transaction processor, they will (almost certainly) never do business with you again until they recover the funds.

I'm not talking about a relationship between credit card holder and credit card company.

I'm in the middle of several conversations at the moment so there may be some confusion.

If you deposit into a gaming account, and the charge is disputed, the funds are clawed back. This is a huge black mark against your gaming account. If you went through a transaction processor, they will (almost certainly) never do business with you again until they recover the funds.

I'm not talking about a relationship between credit card holder and credit card company.

I don't know if you see my posts prior but to your point, if that charge is disputed or clawed back for any reason then that money is back with the credit card company or bank that was first used to process it. They don't claw it back and keep it for themselves. They claw it back and re-apply it to your account.

That means the TS is not out any cash. He might be inconvenienced but the cash is either with the Poker site or back with his bank or credit card company.

Am I missing something?

So, the site that I always bet on just took (stole!) the remaining of my balance and when I e-mailed them for an explanation why, they informed me that either me or my bank disputed the original transaction I made with them back in May, and as a result, "all remaining balance was collected as a partial pay of the amount not paid for services duly rendered."

What does this even mean?

Did you go back and read the entirety of what you agreed to when you signed up?

That's step 1.

I don't know if you see my posts prior but to your point, if that charge is disputed or clawed back for any reason then that money is back with the credit card company or bank that was first used to process it. They don't claw it back and keep it for themselves. They claw it back and re-apply it to your account.

That means the TS is not out any cash. He might be inconvenienced but the cash is either with the Poker site or back with his bank or credit card company.

Am I missing something?

I'm speaking from the perspective of the transaction processor and the ramifications of disputing a charge. Disputing a charge is going nuclear, there is always a better option.to try first.

I've spoken with thousands, tens of thousands of clients over the years. Everyone thinks they're being cheated, and people are really quick to charge back transactions they don't understand. If you dispute a charge, you'll get your money back, but you've done serious damage to your relationship with the gaming companies. Disputing a charge should be a last resort.

I'm incredibly tired and probably doing a terrible job of explaining myself here.

Fun story... Capital One did in fact keep payouts sent to clients, and told the clients the payouts had never been sent. I'm not sure how they thought they could get away with it. but they did it for months. I suspect because we were a processor exclusively for online gaming there was enough of a legal grey area with our business that they thought we wouldn't make noise. It was idiotic, because we had all the reference and transaction numbers, which cannot be obscured. Capital One would tell the clients we still had the money. Our fix was to tell the clients to insist they be told that in writing, and that fixed the problem very quickly.

Gotcha.

Still ain't got my money back lol.
I'm struggling to believe any of this is true. You've avoided my questions for a reason.

Money pulled back by a bank or credit card company is not kept by them, it's put back in your account.

I'm struggling to believe any of this is true. You've avoided my questions for a reason.

Money pulled back by a bank or credit card company is not kept by them, it's put back in your account.

You haven't directed any questions directly at me that I can remember.

And technically it's not my credit card, it's my mother's. I don't own credit cards. But there was only $42 left on it until she got paid again last week, and the $140 wasn't put back on it so I most certainly didn't get it back.

You haven't directed any questions directly at me that I can remember.

And technically it's not my credit card, it's my mother's. I don't own credit cards. But there was only $42 left on it until she got paid again last week, and the $140 wasn't put back on it so I most certainly didn't get it back.
I've addressed you twice directly and you address posts immediately before and after and yet skip mine both times.

Regardless...

If you put money into a poker site using a credit card or bank card and they (bank or CC company) reverse it then they have the funds back in the account. They do not keep the funds as theirs.

If they did not reverse the funds then they are still in the poker site.

There is no other 3rd option I'm aware of.

So it is more than likely your mom simply did not notice the credit applied to her credit card as it might have been pushed way down the statement on a not current date.

What is NOT happening is either side is not merely keeping your money unless the account had fees owed equal or greater than the funds.

Last edited:
I've addressed you twice directly and you address posts immediately before and after and yet skip mine both times.

Regardless...

If you put money into a poker site using a credit card or bank card and they (bank or CC company) reverse it then they have the funds back in the account. They do not keep the funds as theirs.

If they did not reverse the funds then they are still in the poker site.

There is no other 3rd option I'm aware of.

So it is more than likely your mom simply did not notice the credit applied to her credit card as it might have been pushed way down the statement on a not current date.

What is NOT happening is either side is not merely keeping your money unless the account had fees owed equal or greater than the funds.
hi @LockardTheGOAT

Back