A Brief History of Islam.

I never said they were necessary though.

Of course genocide didn't follow when there were barely any followers of Christianity there to kill, it was stamped out before it could take root. Its a completely different story when there are significant numbers of people actually following those faiths when the crackdown begins.

You're moving the goalposts kafir. You can't bring up "anti-theist" regimes and their death tolls, then narrow it down to just adherents of the Abrahamic faiths when the circumstances prove your prediction of widespread doom and gloom false. Either your sweeping statement is wrong, or we can do without. Secular democracies probably fit in the latter half of that equation.

You overvalue the Abrahamic faiths, which I get because you're a member of one. But again, the historical record speaks for itself.

You're moving the goalposts kafir. You can't bring up "anti-theist" regimes and their death tolls, then narrow it down to just adherents of the Abrahamic faiths when the circumstances prove your prediction of widespread doom and gloom false.
I brought up anti-theist regimes in the context of your comment against all Abrahamic faiths, not only that as I suggested earlier in practice those regimes were virtually always targeting Abrahamic faiths. In fact that was the case in both of your examples as well.

You keep reading absolutist undertones to my statements when they are not there, presumably to make it easier to make your arguments. I never said anti-theism necessarily leads to gloom and doom, just that it can and has historically.
Either your sweeping statement is wrong, or we can do without. Secular democracies probably fit in the latter half of that equation.
What sweeping statement? I didn't even say we couldn't do without Abrahamic faiths, I'm merely pushing back against your silly, edgy notion that "All Abrahamic faiths are basically AIDS XD".

You can do without many things that are nonetheless not bad for you and can potentially enrich your life. I could do without reading or movies and if someone else would like to avoid those things that's fine by me but I rather like them in my life.
You overvalue the Abrahamic faiths, which I get because you're a member of one. But again, the historical record speaks for itself.
No it doesn't, you're trying to speak for it with your own bias. That's fine but don't expect your stale, edgy stance to resonate with everyone.

I brought up anti-theist regimes in the context of your comment against all Abrahamic faiths, not only that as I suggested earlier in practice those regimes were virtually always targeting Abrahamic faiths,. In fact that was the case in both of your examples as well.

Considering that neither of the examples I mentioned led to genocide of adherents to the Abrahamic faiths, i'm gonna have to call bullshit.

And before we go down that road again, Tokugawa Japan had upwards of 100,000 adherents before that edict. So much for "not enough for a genocide".

You keep reading absolutist undertones to my statements when they are not there, presumably to make it easier to make your arguments. I never said anti-theism necessarily leads to gloom and doom, just that it can and has historically.

There we go conflating the Abrahamic faiths with theism as a whole again, that's a real problem you should work on.

What sweeping statement? I didn't even say we couldn't do without Abrahamic faiths, I'm merely pushing back against your silly, edgy notion that "All Abrahamic faiths are basically AIDS XD".

"If you want to talk about mass deaths, anti-theist regimes have their own rap sheet to consider."

Yeah, that's not "Can and have happened historically", that's a sweeping statement. It gets even worse when you try and tailor it down to just the Abrahamic faiths, considering that i've provided evidence that that's not the case even when practice of those faiths has been outright outlawed in some instances without genocide following.

And if not adhering to the supernatural musings of bronze age characters is "edgy", then there's a whole lot of people on this earth who are edgy right along with me. Hell, you have Christians in the US that pay lip service to that shit, and they're the ones that are supposed to be believing it.

You can do without many things that are nonetheless not bad for you and can potentially enrich your life. I could do without reading or movies and if someone else would like to avoid those things that's fine by me but I rather like them in my life.

No it doesn't, you're trying to speak for it with your own bias. That's fine but don't expect your stale, edgy stance to resonate with everyone.

Here we go with "stale and edgy" again. It really looks like I touched a nerve. The truth really does hurt.

Considering that neither of the examples I mentioned led to genocide of adherents to the Abrahamic faiths, i'm gonna have to call bullshit.

And before we go down that road again, Tokugawa Japan had upwards of 100,000 adherents before that edict. So much for "not enough for a genocide".
Its not like that crackdown was bloodless, plenty of people were killed. The ones who survived didn't survive through the mercy of the Shogun, it was through keeping their heads down.
There we go conflating the Abrahamic faiths with theism as a whole again, that's a real problem you should work on.
Its an easy shorthand, writing out "anti-Abrahamic persecution" is a pain and I expected you'd use the context to get my point. But it seems you're committed to being obtuse and difficult.
"If you want to talk about mass deaths, anti-theist regimes have their own rap sheet to consider."

Yeah, that's not "Can and have happened historically", that's a sweeping statement. It gets even worse when you try and tailor it down to just the Abrahamic faiths, considering that i've provided evidence that that's not the case even when practice of those faiths has been outright outlawed in some instances without genocide following.
No its not, its a claim that some anti-theist regimes have committed mass violence in the past, not that all of them have.

A genocide is the deliberate killing of an ethnic, racial, or religious group of people in whole or in part. The deliberate targeting of Christians under the Bakfu could easily count as a genocide given it was violence directed at a specific religious group or if not that certainly something not unrelated. At the very least it sure was a time of gloom and doom for the Christians of Japan.
And if not adhering to the supernatural musings of bronze age characters is "edgy", then there's a whole lot of people on this earth who are edgy right along with me. Hell, you have Christians in the US that pay lip service to that shit, and they're the ones that are supposed to be believing it.
Not believing in it is fine, didn't say otherwise so yet again you've projected something onto what I've said that was never there. That seems to be a pattern here.

What I said was edgy was your original statement and the sentiment behind it. You can not believe in any of the Abrahamic faiths and not necessarily agree with that either
Here we go with "stale and edgy" again. It really looks like I touched a nerve. The truth really does hurt.
Not really, nothing you're saying here is anything I haven't read before. That's why I say its stale.

Your persistent strawmanning of me is getting tiresome and I doubt we'll get anywhere, have the last word and have a nice day.

Like her or not she gets the truth,this is Australia ffs. Cameras or not if you don’t like Islam it’s obvious your not welcome.

The 15-25% must be some of the Jews that converted back in the day.

Since you seem like type to watch videos. Watch this

This book the Bukhari explains why Sunni Islam is so much more supremacist and violent. Below is a SHIA, SHIITE cleric who goes on why this is case for Sunnis and why Shiites are not like that 90% of time. He goes on about how when westerners who cannot speak or read arabic try and study the Bukhari they are given false or edited versions by muslims but that the real 3 volume set is hidden from non Muslims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahih_al-Bukhari

This guy lives around the corner from me. He's not really an objective source on Sunni Islam.
He's a shameless self promoter, and while I don't fault him for trying to distinguish between Sunni and Shia Islam, he does a very superficial job of it while pandering to the anti-islam ideologues like Brigitte Gabriel in the OP. The problem with Bukhari (and Muslim and the other collections) isn't "hidden hadith", it's the interpretation of which hadith are "reliable" and how they should be applied. Especially in regards to "ijtihad", basically independent reasoning and interpretation.
The centralised, hierarchical authority structure of Shia Islam plays a great role in diminishing the size, range and impact of fringe groups. Much like with Catholicism versus Protestantism. The comparison is especially apt for Salafism.

It is way higher than 20% or 25%. The majorities and +90% support for the ideology and ways in africa, middle east, and south east asian muslim countries proves it.

Facebook-Pew-Research-Center-The-moderate-side-147b69.png
FT_15.11.17_isis_views.png

This one below and above really shocked me. Guys on the streets of Sydney saying to other guys face ´´´sharia will takeover and sorry you have to die unless you join us´´

The number I heard from Sam Harris and also Bill Maher is that 300 million are the people who are not radical but who understand why some Muslims are racial. The number of actually radicalized Muslims is lower than 300 million. I think these numbers are exaggerated or conflated purposefully.

Lol at brigette gabriel as a source for history of islam.

The number I heard from Sam Harris and also Bill Maher is that 300 million are the people who are not radical but who understand why some Muslims are racial. The number of actually radicalized Muslims is lower than 300 million. I think these numbers are exaggerated or conflated purposefully.

300 million radicalized muslims but isis cant get a 100,000 volunteer army.

history says otherwise

Sure. And right now in history Islam is the worst of the bunch. And I'm not about to wait 100 years for it to progress to the point that woman don't have to wear blankets everywhere.

Muslims aren't meant to integrate.
"Never befriend an infidel, unless it is to your advantage." - koran.

300 million radicalized muslims but isis cant get a 100,000 volunteer army.
When he says that he doesn't mean 300 million terrorists, he means that roughly 300 million are sympathetic to the aims of terrorists to some degree but aren't willing to engage in it themselves.

Here's a lecture on early Islam by Fred Donner. Again, goes over the problem of lack of sources concerning formative Islam and then details his own theory as to the nature of the early Muslim community. Pretty long but nothing to really see so something to have on in the background while doing something else.

All muslims that emigrate are not integrating? Thats an interesting theory you just pulled out of your ass.

You yourself are a perfect example.

Half Scottish, born in Scotland, yet still not fully integrated.

You consistently try your damnedest to deflect from the obvious problems Muslim migration has brought into the West. You remind me of the Muslim shills brought on British news channels after every terrorist attack, using the same tiresome talking points.

You yourself are a perfect example.

Half Scottish, born in Scotland, yet still not fully integrated.

You consistently try your damnedest to deflect from the obvious problems Muslim migration has brought into the West. You remind me of the Muslim shills brought on British news channels after every terrorist attack, using the same tiresome talking points.
eh Im not a muslim you goof.

I dont deflect anything, I point out that the people committing these crimes are a massive minority and other muslims shouldnt be persecuted due to the actions of the asshat radical extremists. So try again ya fucking dork.

Oh and please explain to me how Im not fully integrated?

Back