A Classical Liberal & A Progressive Marxist Debate

It's easier to be misinformed with so much information available.

I see that too. People have no idea how to vet information.

It's a helluva lot easier to find "evidence" to support your preexisting conclusions now than it was even 10 years ago.
Also, the glut of "information" washing through our lives via the internet makes old shit seem new again. For example, the special collection archive at my school has a collection from a guy that studied left and right political movements on college campuses in the 60's/70's, and the rhetoric from the right wing shit I was looking at today could have been cut and pasted from this very forum lol. Our institutions of higher learning have been taken over by militant leftist thugs bent on spreading communism through our educational system, etc. The professors are all left wingers that won't give time to conservative schools of thought, blah blah blah.
I can PM you guys some pictures if you want. It's fascinating shit.

I'm pretty sure any normal English speaker would get my meaning there.

So is it talk-show hosts that got you to stop voting on the basis of policy and instead treat politics like a team sport?

Now, at least you're addressing the actual point. In case you missed it, that is actually the propaganda wing of the democrat party. The same folks who colluded with the Clinton campaign and the dnc to rob Bernie of the nomination.

So we've already established the left openly cheerleads for criminals.

Now, do we need to address the democrats burying their heads in the sand over terrorism? Or obama actually supporting AQ and Isis in Syria?

Next, the left is ideologically empty. The only thing they have any decent argument on is healthcare. News flash, they had their chance, passed the abomination that was Obamacare, which forced me to buy shitty insurance I really couldn't afford, or at least shouldn't have had to buy that plan. A catastrophic plan is all I needed. Other than that, the left want to take more of my money and waste it, and has crippled itself with identity politics.

Lastly, if you really want to know. The most impactful thing to me personally, is likely that the crooked local democrat run city government, essentially shut down my business by using every dirty tactic in the book (including calling in the EPA, and threatening to kick our doors in for inspections, all as part of a scare tactic campaign, to force all the tenants out) to get our buildings owner to crumble and sell his property.

I have personally been effected by the bad side of the government, so forgive me if I don't run to them for every problem in life.

Lastly, if you really want to know. The most impactful thing to me personally, is likely that the crooked local democrat run city government, essentially shut down my business by using every dirty tactic in the book (including calling in the EPA, and threatening to kick our doors in for inspections, all as part of a scare tactic campaign, to force all the tenants out) to get our buildings owner to crumble and sell his property.
The watchdog of Public Safety... is there any lower form of life?

The watchdog of Public Safety... is there any lower form of life?

When they are called in for zero reason (literally, it was an old converted mill which was filled with small businesses, none of which would have any impact on the environment. Sign makers, photographers, arts and crafts, musicians, etc. Unsurprisingly zero violations were found. In the end the city put somewhere around 40 small businesses, out of business), as a strong arm tactic of the government, they are undermining their own integrity.

You hear stories like this and think they're unbelievable. Until it happens to you.

It's a helluva lot easier to find "evidence" to support your preexisting conclusions now than it was even 10 years ago.
Also, the glut of "information" washing through our lives via the internet makes old shit seem new again. For example, the special collection archive at my school has a collection from a guy that studied left and right political movements on college campuses in the 60's/70's, and the rhetoric from the right wing shit I was looking at today could have been cut and pasted from this very forum lol. Our institutions of higher learning have been taken over by militant leftist thugs bent on spreading communism through our educational system, etc. The professors are all left wingers that won't give time to conservative schools of thought, blah blah blah.
Please do. That sounds fascinating.

Now, at least you're addressing the actual point. In case you missed it, that is actually the propaganda wing of the democrat party. The same folks who colluded with the Clinton campaign and the dnc to rob Bernie of the nomination.

So we've already established the left openly cheerleads for criminals.

Now, do we need to address the democrats burying their heads in the sand over terrorism? Or obama actually supporting AQ and Isis in Syria?

Next, the left is ideologically empty. The only thing they have any decent argument on is healthcare. News flash, they had their chance, passed the abomination that was Obamacare, which forced me to buy shitty insurance I really couldn't afford, or at least shouldn't have had to buy that plan. A catastrophic plan is all I needed. Other than that, the left want to take more of my money and waste it, and has crippled itself with identity politics.

I have personally been effected by the bad side of the government, so forgive me if I don't run to them for every problem in life.
This is absolutely a lie, or at very best, an intense fabrication based on some sort of actual events.

This is absolutely a lie, or at very best, an intense fabrication based on some sort of actual events.

I'm not going through it another time here. Search my post history for EPA. I wrote about it at length.

It's amazing how liberals here will immediately dismiss things like this, high Obamacare payments, etc as fiction. When are you going to realize your little bubble of a life does not represent reality?

Let me tell you something homer. This cost myself, and especially my buisiness partner thousands of dollars (at least one tenant, a photography studio who paid to renovate an entire floor, lost tens of thousands), and time and effort we'll never get back. On behalf of all of us, let me say, fuck you, you've likely never done, and never will do anything with your life.

LOL! This is another claim that blows up your credibility, as there's no way you'd believe that silly CT if you weren't already insanely biased.

Democrats haven't buried its head in the sand over terrorism. You probably missed how the left relentlessly attacked Obama for being too harsh in carrying out the fight against terrorism, and the results have been solid.

I think the reality is that right-wing identity politics appeals to you enough that you don't care about policy at all, and you're willing to support a policy agenda that you know is terrible for the country as a result.

LOL! This is another claim that blows up your credibility, as there's no way you'd believe that silly CT if you weren't already insanely biased.

Democrats haven't buried its head in the sand over terrorism. You probably missed how the left relentlessly attacked Obama for being too harsh in carrying out the fight against terrorism, and the results have been solid.

I think the reality is that right-wing identity politics appeals to you enough that you don't care about policy at all, and you're willing to support a policy agenda that you know is terrible for the country as a result.

A conspiracy theory jack?

http://nypost.com/2016/07/22/leaked-emails-show-how-democrats-screwed-sanders/

You're embarrassing yourself.

Was thinking of the media CT that you guys push, though obviously Bernie wasn't "robbed" of the nomination.

Oh no, he wasn't robbed? Hillary's campaign only worked with both the dnc and the media.

What would you call that?

Oh no, he wasn't robbed? Hillary's campaign only worked with both the dnc and the media.

What would you call that?

Every single campaign ever openly works with the media. You're implying a CT that is false, though. And the DNC wanted Bernie to drop out after it was clear that he was going to lose because they rightly thought that he was hurting her chances in the general. The actual voting was never really close, and saying that Bernie was "robbed" implies strongly that he would have won otherwise, which is clearly false.

Every single campaign ever openly works with the media. You're implying a CT that is false, though. And the DNC wanted Bernie to drop out after it was clear that he was going to lose because they rightly thought that he was hurting her chances in the general. The actual voting was never really close, and saying that Bernie was "robbed" implies strongly that he would have won otherwise, which is clearly false.

This (and claiming CNN was pushing trump) is why people don't take you seriously.

I'm not going through it another time here. Search my post history for EPA. I wrote about it at length.

It's amazing how liberals here will immediately dismiss things like this, high Obamacare payments, etc as fiction. When are you going to realize your little bubble of a life does not represent reality?

Let me tell you something homer. This cost myself, and especially my buisiness partner thousands of dollars (at least one tenant, a photography studio who paid to renovate an entire floor, lost tens of thousands), and time and effort we'll never get back. On behalf of all of us, let me say, fuck you, you've likely never done, and never will do anything with your life.
LMAO.

<YeahOKJen>

the left wing political movements were very different back then. They were actual Marxists that supporter the working class and sought to smash the system and replace it with something they believed was truly equal. The current mob of leftists has disdain for the working class and is happy with the current levels if hirachy and power and class privilege - they just want to 'diversify' them. more women CEOs for example while in the past they sought to destroy capitalism and place under worker control.

the left wing political movements were very different back then. They were actual Marxists that supporter the working class and sought to smash the system and replace it with something they believed was truly equal. The current mob of leftists has disdain for the working class and is happy with the current levels if hirachy and power and class privilege - they just want to 'diversify' them. more women CEOs for example while in the past they sought to destroy capitalism and place under worker control.
I was speaking specifically to the similarity of rhetoric between right wing campus activism/criticism then and sentiments now

What kind of shit show was this?

Was this an interview, a debate or some sort or a one off pissy person slinging insults at someone and calling it a debate? How the hell was the one guy the moderator and a participant?

LOL, by grouping people into levels of oppression, we actual give more individual freedom!!!!!!!

If everything is magically equal, give the job to the minority. Well guess what dipshit, there are more things that go into a job hiring than education and work history. Now it may be true that some people dont want to hire certain people for whatever reason. And that is a shame, don't know how you correct that when it is their money and business on the line and they feel better hiring whoever for whatever reason. But once you get candidates infront of you, there will never be a equally good amount of candidates. You can always find one reason or another to like one person over another (and yes that includes discrimination).

I dont LIke AA but as long as it is screwing over white male liberals as much a dit is white male conservatives, OK.

Thats the thing about AA, No one really knows if it is even being applied most of the time or to what extent. Unless you are Obama and say shit like, I don't care who the best option is, I want a latino and a woman as a supreme court Justice.

Back