A Few Words From Clint Smith!

ballistics gelatin testing is the most misunderstood thing in gun debates. All it does is give a COMMON MEDIUM with which to test and compare rounds. They dont even begin to accurately predict a bullets performance in tissue. For example, the FBI states that an effective JHP handgun round should penetrate between 12-18 inches of ballistic gelatin to be considered as to having adequate penetration. Folks think that means the bullets themselves will penetrate that deep in animal or human tissue. Not only is that false but i got cross sections of animals ive killed with a variety of ammunition that shows how over estimating that is. A 00 buckshot shell that shows 18+ inches in ballistic gel, will be lucky to see even half of its pellets pass through the 12 inches of a white tail doe's cross section. I've pulled .45 Speer Gold dots out of pigs that didnt even make it pass the rib cage, much less into the thoracic cavity and beyond.
IMG_0392.PNG
this guy took a 3 inch shell of 000 copper plated buck at about 7 yards from a full choke. That golf ball sized hole is where most of the pellets hit. took a big chunk of meat out of him, pulverized the shoulder blade and liquified the sternum area. No exit hole of any kind on the other side. at all.

One of my favorite quotes from Clint, came from a Class my friend took with in in the Texas days of Thunder Ranch.

It was a LEO only class, they're about the do room clearing. Clint asks who wants to be first. Big Cop from San Antonio steps up, ready to, itching to kick the door in and take'em out.. Clint tells him, "Take it easy, you don't know what's on the other side of that door yet, you got the rest of your life to figure this out, up to you how long it lasts"

My Buddy said the guy's expression changed to: "Shit I was ready to go, now I'm not sure!" Ha.

Sometimes he reminds me of an Old Crazed Micheal Keaton

Cause you were stealing their shit! ha.

You can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight!

Last edited:
Back