a former champ at 40 does not want these fights

canadian_mmafan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
come on, Werdum is the man and all, but it's kind of boring, there was no promotion for the fight, Tybura, Harris, Volkov - at 40 you don't have anything more to prove, you want some hyped and important fights, no wonder Werdum was out of it,

I dont want to take anything away from Volkov's victory, but people talk silliness about Miocic's record and beating past-prime fighters when thats not the case, all his wins were against guys who were on winning streaks and highly motivated - - Werdum was in Brazil defending his belt and very motivated

People always diminishing Stipe's win, beating a 6-fight winning streak Arlovski, in amazing fashion, NOTHING, Ngannou beats a losing streak Arlovski and he's the next big thing - even Dos Santos was coming in from a big victory against Rothwell, Miocic did it easily, why couldn't Rothwell?

cant take the hypocrisy and bias around these parts

HW talent is bad so you can pretty much trash any HW

it's like, who do you want them to fight? there's no one lol

He had to take those fights if he was gonna get back to the title. And dont forget, Walt Harris replaced Derrick Lewis, which woukdve been a higher profile fight. Tybura and Volkov are both murderers just not famous. He lost a SUPER close one to Alistair, and I personally want to see Alistair vs Fabricio for a fourth time. I think those are the fights he needed to take. Sucks for Fabricio, couldve been called the GOAT before last night, and I think he could still get back to the title

come on, Werdum is the man and all, but it's kind of boring, there was no promotion for the fight, Tybura, Harris, Volkov - at 40 you don't have anything more to prove, you want some hyped and important fights, no wonder Werdum was out of it,

I dont want to take anything away from Volkov's victory, but people talk silliness about Miocic's record and beating past-prime fighters when thats not the case, all his wins were against guys who were on winning streaks and highly motivated - - Werdum was in Brazil defending his belt and very motivated

People always diminishing Stipe's win, beating a 6-fight winning streak Arlovski, in amazing fashion, NOTHING, Ngannou beats a losing streak Arlovski and he's the next big thing - even Dos Santos was coming in from a big victory against Rothwell, Miocic did it easily, why couldn't Rothwell?

cant take the hypocrisy and bias around these parts
Yeah. Bring on Brock Lesnar!!! Money fight!!!
giphy.gif

Wedumb loses most of the time from making horrible fighting decisions.The UFC really didn't want him getting to the title again because they were giving him dangerous fighters where if he were to win it wouldn't get him to the title. He's got to learn that running after someone throwing sloppy strikes isn't a good idea.

Back