A Gender Neutral Title I Actually Like

The term "gender" is made up to begin with. It's nonsense. You have the parts you're born in. Act whatever fuckin' way you want to, but we don't need "gender" to describe it.

Can we not turn the "parts you're born in" into a math equation?

thx

Can we not turn the "parts you're born in" into a math equation?

thx
Actually having to apply structure to "gender fluidity" and the nonsense of "you can be whatever you want at any moment" might actually do some good haha.

I got a job, so this shit is nowhere near my radar.

If this matters to you, I suggest seeking employment... immediately
when i was filling out apps the other day i didnt disclose any gender, nationality, race, etc. lol

Actually having to apply structure to "gender fluidity" and the nonsense of "you can be whatever you want at any moment" might actually do some good haha.

I'm not solving for x everytime I meet someone. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Whatever. Still male or female, no matter what ridiculous, trendy title you want to give yourself.

Pretty unfortunate the way our kids have been brainwashed over this shit.

Why is it unfortunate. What does it hurt?

The way I see it, I can now use "Mx." when I'm responding to an email from someone named Jordan, Jamie, or god forbid Pat.

Also, I'd be happy to finally decide between Ms. and Mrs. for all female titles.

Mz. used to refer to divorced women, but that was done away with because it was demeaning. Let's do the same for the Mrs/Ms distinction. What is a 40 year old single woman doesn't like attention being needlessly brought to her non-martial status by calling her "Ms."

If they want a gender neutral title they should be come a judge or a doctor.

asshole is pretty universal

my gender neutral label for everyone

I just stick to first names now. I haven't met anyone in a long time who is stuck on formality outside of my Japanese, Indian and sometimes Israeli clients and -colleagues. Even the older generation C-levels and excutives don't really care.

I could only see supporting this for non-binaries.

Not for people who comfortably identify as male or female but feel the need to "hide" their gender on the written page.

(I remember when using "Mrs." versus "Miss" became a big deal because it exposed marital status. And we got the universal "Ms." At least that made sense relative to privacy.)
Yeah a lot of times I'm reading correspondence and thinking to myself, "All this jibber jabber means nothing to me unless I know whether it has a vagina."

(actually on some level we all are, and I'm okay with us moving a little bit away from that)

How do you pronounce Mx?

I would rather use M*.*

Yeah a lot of times I'm reading correspondence and thinking to myself, "All this jibber jabber means nothing to me unless I know whether it has a vagina."

Tell me, has there ever been a time in your life when you've either been addressed as "Mister", or prefaced your name with "Mr.", and felt uncomfortable or somehow debased?

Tell me, has there ever been a time in your life when you've either been addressed as "Mister", or prefaced your name with "Mr.", and felt uncomfortable or somehow debased?
Yes. It's always sarcastic and I know bad news is coming. But I suppose that's more of a status thing than a gender thing.

Why would you think that jumping to making it personal is going to be an effective tactic?

This shits stupid.
*shit’s

Apparently, some people just care more about linguistic precision and syntax than others.

Personally, I never looked at the “zer” thing as an attempt to abolish gender as a concept, but as a correction to the fact that we don’t have gender neutral first person pronoun in English (which most other languages do, and which we really could use).

Seriously, it drives me bonkers to hear a single unknown person referred to as “they.”

Last edited:
How the fuck does someone has NO GENDER???? What are they? A table?!

*shit’s

Apparently, some people just care more about linguistic precision and syntax than others.

Personally, I never looked at the “zer” thing as an attempt to abolish gender as a concept, but as a correction to the fact that we don’t have gender neutral first person pronoun in English (which most other languages do, and which we really could use).

Seriously, it drives me bonkers to hear a single unknown person referred to as “they.”

How about 'em

I'm okay with using they/them but this is a bit much for me. Would rather say whatever they seem most like at first glance which has worked 100% of the time so far and if they correct me then I'll just heed their correction from then on.

Back