A Gender Neutral Title I Actually Like

Meet Mx.

I guess it's been around a long time, I just never noticed it.

http://time.com/4106718/what-mx-means/

Most of the ideas people have come up with for gender neutral language have been cringy garbage, overly-specific or impractical, or just too different for comfort. I think Mx is not one of those. It strikes me as a simple, clean solution to the basic English honorific and it sends a message of being voluntary. Along with pulling the stick out of our ass about using "they," we've got a good way to handle a big proportion of our gendered words without marginalizing or forcing anybody into anything.
There is only two genders though......if you think otherwise you are a moron.

661.jpg

Is there 1,000's of years of history showing this phenomena?

Trannies go back to the Greeks man. Search the goddess Cybele.
What about the people through out time whom claimed to be witches, warlocks, being able to talk to god directly things like that?

What about the people through out time whom claimed to be witches, warlocks, being able to talk to god directly things like that?

I think it comes down to law and social norms.

I don't think the government should discriminate against any group. I'm torn on the issue of private discrimination.

As far as social norms, if there was enough people who were witches and prophets to gain a loud enough voice to ask to be addressed as magic inclined, and hearing gifted, I would do it just because I don't care what people want to be called.

Now whether the government should mandate that language is a completely different issue, and one I am very much against.

Back