A good message for the young guys..

These people do it too and make it look fun

These people attempted to do it I dont know if they still are or not.

I see what neck beard did here in the second video. Manlet gets a girl better looking than him so he keeps her on a boat away from real men. Smart.

@Pugilistic

Yep, I'm sure kids raised on a boat, isolated from everyone but their immediate family, won't have issues later in life...
Pretty much my biggest concern in all of this.
361176.jpg

I was surprised how many people live on their boats year around in the Toronto and Hamilton harbours.

We can get some vicsious cold lake winds in the winter.

What they do is shrink rap up their boats in plastic wrap to hold heat in and then cut an opening for the door.

You walk byu the harbour on a cold winters night and all you see is the dim glow of their lights and heaters inside the boats as they huddle up for warth.

B821543649Z.1_20140303195009_000_G7K16JEVU.2_Gallery.jpg

boat4.jpg

wrapped-boat1.jpg

12473659_1669243510022779_7027981740123784001_o.jpg

We live aboard a boat during the winter, with snow, ice and no running water.

Whether it's the van life, micro houses, basically living on trails, etc. they all definitely have a frontier-like romantic appeal. I totally understand and if people can make it work, all the power to them. However, most people won't be able to manage such a lifestyle, "the grind" is just a reality for the majority of people.

When I race at 24 hour events and live out of my RV for a weekend, I am so relieved to get back to my nice big house.

My parents have always owned a boat. In their marina they only allow like 1% of people to live-aboard.

Living inside a boat is pretty gross. It's essentially an RV, and if it's sail powered it's gonna be like 120 sqft and 6 feet tall.

Imagine living inside, and doing all your functions inside a funky little outhouse. It's impossible to get the funk to go away.
Everything is musty and smells like fuel, then add in a couple healthy dunks a day...

The reason I'm bringing this up is, if you are single and live on a boat you are never ever going to get a girlfriend under 45.

It can be a decent lifestyle if you are already married and want to travel the world whenever, wherever... But its impossible to pull decent tail if you are living in essentially a van on the river

I'd live on a boat Coughlin style.
14480381-Tom-Cruise-Cocktail-Wallpaper-Movie-4.jpg

Here's me with my best bud.

Just gotta remember not to throw it all in commodities and kill myself.

I wanna go off the grid. Some kind of conversion van. But i need to be able to run a tv, blu ray playrr and PC. What do people do for electricity?

Honestly i wonder if i should have stayed among homeless

This normal society thing is not working out

I know two families who sold everything and took on these gypsy lifestyles. Both families completely fell apart within 5 years.
If you want to do this as a young single guy or with a girlfriend then sure. But very very few women will live like that forever, and if kids are in the equation then I guarantee this is a recipe for disaster.

Honestly i wonder if i should have stayed among homeless

This normal society thing is not working out
Panhandlers make tons of tax free cash and at least around here lots of charities feed them every day and they can sleep at a shelter at night. And they don't have a boss. Get free haircuts and clothes too.

Panhandlers make tons of tax free cash and at least around here lots of charities feed them every day and they can sleep at a shelter at night. And they don't have a boss. Get free haircuts and clothes too.

Oh yeah survivability is not a problem

Mother would be sad thats the problem

Seems like a lonely life for kids to not have any permanent friends and social circle other than their immediate family.

Seems like a lonely life for kids to not have any permanent friends and social circle other than their immediate family.

Yeah this sail or drive around world is usually done here by older couples when kids have moved on their own

Not a good thing for kids really

Back