A headache is weakness leaving the brain

Yesterday: 2 mile run, 18:24
Today: Easy intervals 90 second run/2 minute walks

The 2 mile run time is continuing to drop, which is pleasing. It's still crazy slow, but I'm trying to be consistent with the small weekly gains.

I'm on my way to Illinois this afternoon, where I'll likely not lift at all, but will run every day in the cool temperatures.

10km run today. It's much cooler, and felt a lot easier than last week despite slightly faster pace.

Shrugs: 3x5x225, 20 second hold
SLDL: 5x135
Deadlift: 3x5x255
Press: 5x5x120

Deadlifts still felt easy, press felt harder.

Two mile run this morning. We skipped intervals this week, and that made this run feel faster than it usually does (given that it is slower than our interval pace). I was hurting pretty bad for the first half mile, but managed to smooth out for the rest. Finished just over 18 minutes. We're getting faster, slowly.

Today's lifts:

Some dips. Don't like these, don't do them often.
Squats: 5x5x175 Did not hurt rib, felt very easy
Bench: 3x5x190 Felt fairly easy

Morning interval runs. 90 second run with 2 minute rest @ 8:00 pace. Heart rate seemed higher than normal, possibly because I've been sleeping without my CPAP machine the last few nights.

Flying out to Bangkok this morning, which is likely to destroy my training for the next couple weeks. The Westin seems to have a gym, but the chances of them having a squat rack seem very small. Also, running in Bangkok sucks, plus it's going to rain while I'm there. Hopefully I'll be able to run in Penang next week.

Reopening log after multi-year hiatus.

I've been fighting a lot of injuries that have impacted both my gym and jiujitsu, the latest of which is a herniated disc in my neck. This injury isn't new - it happened a year and a half ago. I treated it with prednisone and some physical therapy, and everything seemed to be going fine until about a week ago when it flared up again. Tried the prednisone approach and got no relief. Had an MRI done last night, and go to see the ortho this afternoon.

Log-like updates:

I've really only been back training rigorously for the last 3 months. Weight was down to 185 when I started training again, up to about 200 now.

Running Stronglifts, but without the rows since those aggravate my elbow.

Currently at 5x245 on squats, 5x225 on deads, 5x225 on bench, and 5x145 on overhead.

Squats I'm pretty sure I can just keep running the linear progression for the next 150 pounds. They don't feel very heavy at all, but I'm trying to keep the progression slow and avoid injury. Likewise for deadlifts.

Bench doesn't feel stuck strength-wise, but I'm feeling some sharp pains in my chest on the heavier lifts, so I may back off here, do a reset, and go to a higher rep scheme for a while.

Overhead is probably at the end of what I can do a pure linear progression on. Given my neck injury, I suspect that it will be a while before I can really push these.

My running is terrible. Bad shin splints, so I'm doing a lot of walking - typically 4-5 10km walks at a high pace. This has gotten my resting heart rate down from the upper 60's to the mid 50's in the three months I've been doing it, so I'm pretty pleased with that, but we're getting to the point where it's hard to get my heart rate up where I want it just walking.

Back