A history lesson on the McGregor clan and Conor's trash talk

Bit of history surrounding this, mainly for the American McGregor fan boys who lap up Conor's talk.

McGregor likes to often claim and romantasice about his brave clan who fought off the 'English (British) Empire' from Ireland on the battlefield. First of all, they weren't even Irish. McGregor is a Scottish name.

His other claim is that they were banished by James IV. They weren't banished, but instead they were imposed sanctions, such as no longer being allowed to carry knives or travel in groups of more than 4. The name was later then banned and unable to be used.

The reason for this didn't have anything to do with the English or the British Empire either. They weren't fighting them at all and James IV was the King of Scotland. After years of looting, theiving and generally causing problems whereever they went, in the eally 1600's The McGregor clan barbarically murdered a large group of The Colquhouns, a fellow Scottish clan, including women and children.

The McGregors weren't brave Irish soldiers who stood up for their country against imperalism, next to their countrymen. They were petty criminals and thugs who butchered their own countrymen and were hated in their own country. They were the first of what the Scottish refer to today as 'neds'

main-qimg-829f09f5383354ddd4a97119910d084f

https://www.scotsman.com/news/when-the-name-macgregor-was-banned-for-150-years-1-4356229
thank you for the lesson. appreciate to learn a little bit more than I knew about fighters.

This is awful “history lesson”. You don’t know anything about the clan so do yourself a favor and buzz off.
Getting upset little boy because your hero is a weak alcoholic who is going to get wrecked soon? Please, don't kill your self when you loose the only reason you live for ...

You'll be telling me that the Irish didn't actually build New York next.

Nobody believes the drunk boy. He showed fear in the presser and now we know his own countrymen disowned his clan ages ago. It's no wonder he is a drunk and a coke head. The entire family has no place to call home but a conquered island of European rejects.

You don't know anything. Your boys been ran up a fucking mountain, and the second he comes down he's gonna get slept, trust me on that.

Getting upset little boy because your hero is a weak alcoholic who is going to get wrecked soon? Please, don't kill your self when you loose the only reason you live for ...

I'm not upset, I'm annoyed by your high-estrogen levels.

No... let him go.
tenor.gif

Back