Last edited by a moderator:
With the changes, the Bellator X Rizin 2 lineup includes:

• Patricky Freire vs. Roberto de Souza – lightweight grand prix quarterfinal
  • Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Makoto Shinryu – inaugural flyweight title
  • Magomed Magomedov vs. Danny Sabatello
  • Veta Arteaga vs. Kana Watanabe
  • Andrey Koreshkov vs. Lorenz Larkin

MAIN CARD (Showtime, 11 p.m. ET)
  • Patricky Freire (N/A) vs. Roberto de Souza (N/A)– lightweight grand prix quarterfinal
  • Kyoji Horiguchi (N/A) vs. Makoto Shinryu (N/A) – for inaugural Bellator flyweight title
  • Veta Arteaga (+350) vs. Kana Watanabe (-550)
  • Magomed Magomedov (-110) vs. Danny Sabatello (-120)
  • Andrey Koreshkov (-165) vs. Lorenz Larkin (+120)

WAR SHORT NOTICE PRIDE STYLE FIGHTS!!!!! Patricio vs. Suzuki is going to be good. I think they gon keep it standing. Suzuki is going to put on a much better showing this fight. can't wait for this weekend. great fights, great time to be a fan and man, of mixed martial arts!!!!!

I like it better.. A chance for Patricky to really show me something.

Still a good card, but really wanted to see how McKee was further developed at 155

that sucks some of the life out of this GP. Takes all the time to book the fight only to fall apart days before.

But in terms of replacement thats a great one and the best you can do on short notice. Guessing AJ goes back to FW to fight Patricio next now that he's out of the running for the million. If he can reclaim FW gold I think he goes up to fight GP LW winner.

that sucks some of the life out of this GP. Takes all the time to book the fight only to fall apart days before.

But in terms of replacement thats a great one and the best you can do on short notice. Guessing AJ goes back to FW to fight Patricio next now that he's out of the running for the million. If he can reclaim FW gold I think he goes up to fight GP LW winner.

Coker said McKee will be considered to be the first alternate in case another fighter drops out of the tournament. So McKee still might have a chance to be in the tournament again.

Are they not doing a late night card after UFC and boxing?

Patricky Pitbull vs. Roberto de Souza in a Bellator Lightweight Grand Prix Quarter-Final bout is a great match up on paper. Roberto de Souza will have to take Patricky out within the first 2 rounds if he expects to win. Taking on a 5 round 5 minutes per round fight on just a few days notice will take its toll on de Souza's cardio if it goes to rounds 3, 4 and 5.

Patricio Freire vs. Chihiro Suzuki at a Catchweight is another very interesting fight. Patricio taking this fight on just a few days notice just 6 weeks since his loss to Sergio Pettis at BW. Patricio is taking a big risk on such short notice if he happens to lose this fight it will end up dropping him way down the rankings. Big risk fight for Patricio.

Back