A-level athlete defined

storeybuckle

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Just because this term gets thrown around a lot these days...........

An A-level athlete is an athlete that is extremely athletic that plays Football, basketball, soccer, basically any other sport that is not fighting, etc.

Based solely on their athleticism and success in their respective sports it is easy for them to transition into fighting and become Champions with ease and very minimal training.

For example in the link provided below you can see a former NFL player/hall famer Brian Urlacher show off his athleticism and fighting prowess ( just check out the speed of technique of his punches) The skills that he used in the NFL easily translate into fighting skills

I know it sounds ridiculous that an A-level athlete can destroy a person who's been training on how to give and absorb punishment and who has been working on their fighting technique for their whole lives. But that's just the way it goes!?

An Olympic wrestler and or gymnast do not count as A-level athletes because their paycheques aren't big enough.(Sarcasm)

Plus it helps all the people that post on this website about A-level athletes feel better knowing that with minimal training they themselves can beat any UFC fighter with minimal training because they played football or basketball in high school/college.

Anyone disagree?

Sounds about right.

Kudos for clarifying it.

Lol, american football players are just roided up freaks, they severely lack the innate talent, spatial intelligence and hand/foot eye coordination of true A-level athletes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lomachenko, Roger Federer etc

Lol, american football players are just roided up freaks, they severely lack the innate talent, spatial intelligence and hand/foot eye coordination of true A-level athletes like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lomachenko, Roger Federer etc

Someone wishes they lived in America

Meh. Depends on the position. Hard to just lump "american football players" into one category of athlete. You have 5'10 180 lb DBs that are as agile as anyone on the planet and you have 6'6 350 lb OL that are as strong as an ox and also have great footwork.

God I hope you are trolling....

Self fulfilling prophecy of the A level athlete...

If the said athlete can transition to mma and be very successful, then they're clearly an A level athlete. Should they attempt to transition to mma unsuccessfully, they were never really an A level athlete.

Repeat the cycle and continue to claim A level athletes can be great at mma with minimal training.

All while ignoring the fact that pro athletes typically have very short careers. They typically spend all that they made in a short time after their playing days end. And yet they're pretty much avoiding this supposedly much easier sport.

What a joke

LOL, there is nothing close to slightly impressive in the video TS posted.

Yeah I disagree. You’re “analysis” was baseless and overall shit. In fact, it was so bad I think TS is trolling. 3/10

To be honest American Football is not that big of a sport,
Basketball, Tennis and obviously Soccer are the hardest ones to compete in at highest level, for obvious reasons

I will save the thread;
A-level athletes:

LeBron James
Usain Bolt
Michael Phelps
Serena Williams
Cristiano Ronaldo
Crosby
Roger Federer
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Kobe
Durant
Nadal
Messi

Lol you know nothing. At all.

He is right, an american football guy would struggle a lot with soccer, extremely different sports.
As @faustian puts it. A double amputee can be a great soccer player. Also, I'd literally comatose any soccer player on earth. Cant say the same about Lebron

A- level athlete-

- Mesomorph body type
- over 5'11
- Heavily muscled
- runs a 4.5
- could excel in at least one of the 4 major american sports (Professionally), Soccer (World cup level), or Tennis (Wimbleton level)
- Is at least a quarter black

As @faustian puts it. A double amputee can be a great soccer player. Also, I'd literally comatose any soccer player on earth. Cant say the same about Lebron
Actually a double amputee would suck in soccer, arms are import to balance the body, specially when pivoting.

If I ever use that phrase/expression...

I’ll have to kick my own ass.

tenor.gif

Back