"A" Level Athlete plays golf. Expert Analysis. Dieded. Long Post. Cliffs.

rothnroll

Purveyor of Poontang
@Green
Reaction score

Cliffs: A Level gotta A Level.
If more A Level Athletes enter MMA, the current crop of Athletes are doomed. Some would say dieded. Barkley would be a heavyweight. RIP Stipe.

I know its funny to make fun of current Barkley but in his day he was a great athlete. Most agree that his listing of 6'6 is generous, hes more like 6'4 and he played power forward. Was definitely a A level athlete back in the day.

In his prime, Barkley was one of the greatest athletes in NBA history.

His core strength was *insane*, and he was one of the most explosive and *quick* leapers in basketball history.

37 inch vertical as well. Keep in mind he was launching 250 pounds at about 6'4''-6'5'' at the time.

The guy was an extremely dynamic athlete. Like, not just A-level but A+ level.

I know its funny to make fun of current Barkley but in his day he was a great athlete. Most agree that his listing of 6'6 is generous, hes more like 6'4 and he played power forward. Was definitely a A level athlete back in the day.
Undersized in a era full of goons.

Once grab 33 rebs in a single game.

Amazing

Undersized in a era full of goons.

Once grab 33 rebs in a single game.

Amazing
The youngins dont know about 80s basketball. I loved the goons like Oakley, Anthony Mason, Bill Laimbeer, Mahorn ect. Back when basketball was a legit contact sport.

I remember Robert Parish tomahawk chopping Laimbeer in the face and not even getting a T.
gaame-5.gif

b4XYCV38UNiLu.gif

The youngins dont know about 80s basketball. I loved the goons like Oakley, Anthony Mason, Bill Laimbeer, Mahorn ect. Back when basketball was a legit contact sport.

I remember Robert Parish tomahawk chopping Laimbeer in the face and not even getting a T.
gaame-5.gif

b4XYCV38UNiLu.gif

Shades of CM Punk on that punch. 2/10 I'm not impressed. Guess Punk should have worn a basketball singlet and picked a fight with someone who had his back turned. Then you would all call him A+ level.

gaame-5.gif

b4XYCV38UNiLu.gif
Stephanie Curry would die in this era.

Shades of CM Punk on that punch. 2/10 I'm not impressed. Guess Punk should have worn a basketball singlet and picked a fight with someone who had his back turned. Then you would all call him A+ level.
WTF are you talking about. Your trying to hard to combine things

Send me a list of all the NFL players that have completed a marathon.

Send me a list of all the NBA players that can do a standing back flip.

Actually, just tweet it as you'll have enough characters.

Look at Tebow's combine numbers
480 bench press (not combine)
38.5" vertical
6' 3" and 240 pounds
Greatest college quaterback ever. Should have converted to tight-end.
Regardless, that dude is built, one of natures freaks.
With life-long mma training who knows.
Brock Lesnar and JJ Watts with life-long mma training, who knows.
But both are freaks just like Tebow

40-yard dash time: 4.7 seconds
Vertical jump: 35 in
Standing long jump: 10 ft 0 in
Bench press: 225 lb with 30 reps

At 6'2" (1.88 m) and 285 lb (129 kg) playing defensive tackle those combine numbers indicate elite athleticism.

Let's make a few comparisons to get an idea of the rarity of his performance.

The average time in the 40-yard dash was computed for each position for the period of 2008-2012. As the average times were cranked out, it turned out that the average NFL defensive tackle, which was Lesnar's position, ran the 40-yard dash in 5.13 seconds. Now, if 4.7 is Lesnar's official time, there is a massive difference in quickness (ability to accelerate) between the average NFL defensive tackle and Brock Lesnar. Even if his time was closer to 4.8 or 4.85, it's still a considerable margin to the average and one that would show itself on the field. In fact, as far as quickness goes, Lesnar bears more resemblance to an outside linebacker (avg. 4.74) than he does to a lineman. This is a staggering fact since the average linebacker in the NFL weighs about 243 lb (110 kg) and thus vastly outweighed by Lesnar.

What I am about to do now might seem rash but I promise you that impression will quickly dissipate. I will compare Brock Lesnar to arguably the best defensive player in years and one of the most jaw-dropping specimens in the NFL, namely J. J. Watt.

Here are the subset of combine numbers of defensive end J. J. Watt (6'5", 290 lb) for which we have Lesnar's numbers:

40-yard dash time: 4.84 seconds
Vertical jump: 37 in
Standing long jump: 10 ft 0 in
Bench press: 225 lb with 34 reps

We can conclude that the combine numbers of Brock Lesnar and J. J. Watt, one of the most astonishing specimens in the NFL today, are virtually indistinguishable.

Send me a list of all the NFL players that have completed a marathon.

Send me a list of all the NBA players that can do a standing back flip.

Actually, just tweet it as you'll have enough characters.
What does that have to do with anything? Do you honestly think theres not a lot of guys in the nba that can do a back flip? These guys jump 40 inches no problem, i dont think a back flip is much of an issue.

What does that have to do with anything? Do you honestly think theres not a lot of guys in the nba that can do a back flip? These guys jump 40 inches no problem, i dont think a back flip is much of an issue.

It's a completely different skill set to do a back flip. How many NBA guys can triple somersault off a vaulting horse? How many NBA guys can cycle up the alps like they do in the tour de France?

You do get my point, you just pretend you don't.

Here, 6'8" NBA player doing standing backflip. James Johnson

http://ballnroll.com/2015/01/watch-this-james-johnson-lands-a-standing-backflip/
Also does mma
he's a second-degree blackbelt, and he's 7-0 in MMA matches and 20-0 in kickboxing matches.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/they-call-him-bloodsport-james-johnson-kicks-his-way-into-the-nba/
"The following year, Johnson, then a member of the Toronto Raptors, was presented a challenge. Three balls were lodged in the nets during a practice. Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless struck upon the brilliant idea of having Johnson knock the balls loose with his feet. He accepted and aimed a spinning heel kick right at the rim. His foot hit rim while dislodging the balls. He’s 6-foot-8, nearly 250 pounds, built like a bear on a juice cleanse."

Last edited:
Here, 6'8" NBA player doing standing backflip. James Johnson

http://ballnroll.com/2015/01/watch-this-james-johnson-lands-a-standing-backflip/
Also does mma
he's a second-degree blackbelt, and he's 7-0 in MMA matches and 20-0 in kickboxing matches.
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/they-call-him-bloodsport-james-johnson-kicks-his-way-into-the-nba/
"The following year, Johnson, then a member of the Toronto Raptors, was presented a challenge. Three balls were lodged in the nets during a practice. Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless struck upon the brilliant idea of having Johnson knock the balls loose with his feet. He accepted and aimed a spinning heel kick right at the rim. His foot hit rim while dislodging the balls. He’s 6-foot-8, nearly 250 pounds, built like a bear on a juice cleanse."

What's his best time for the marathon? How did he got on in the tour de France, cycling up mountains for weeks at a time?

Seriously, this A level athlete shit again.

Watch the opening ceremony of the Olympic games, see how many different shapes, sizes and skill sets of athletes there are.

What the fuck is A level??

Generally what professional scouts, or any scouts look for, speed, strength, agality. There was, less now, a discussion that baseball was missing out on some high grade athletes who picked basketball or football over baseball. All state high school stars who play multiple sports.
Bo Jackson is a great example

He attended school in McCalla, where he rushed for 1175 yards as a running back as a high school senior. Jackson hit twenty home runs in 25 games for McAdory's baseball team during his senior season. He was a two-time state champion in the decathlon.[6] Both times that he was the decathlon state champion, he built up such a commanding points lead before the 1500 meters that he never competed in that event. "Distance is the only thing I hate about track", he said.[7] In 1982, Jackson set state school records for indoor high jump (6'9") and triple jump (48'8").[8]

"The scout also noted that this was his first year playing baseball and he seemed to be a "do it all type of player" and also stated he was "the best pure athlete in America today""
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo_Jackson

Last edited:
Back