A level athletes? Pft

Espresso

Post USADA era will make UFC great again
@Silver
Reaction score
Yall should check out the PED testings in place for NFL players and NBA. Its no USADA.

Im sure if some UFC hw went to the NFL they would look really good with "professional help and training"
<AckbarTrap>

Yes, most of those guys are geared up out of their minds.

But no amount of gear is gonna get someone to run as fast as a Dion Sanders, Bo Jackson or a Randy Moss.

A level for sure. If they aren’t nobody is. The only thing people get confused is they think other athletes aren’t. Dudes like gsp woodley Overeem koschek stipe ect are definitely high level athletes. Athletics go beyond just speed and strength.

I'm an American, but I think Americans have this flawed sense of "athleticism". For whatever reason, hockey, baseball, and soccer players are rarely included. It seems as if you have to play in the NFL or NBA to be an "A level athlete". Wayne Gretzky was drafted or signed by the Toronto Blue Jays I believe. Joe Mauer had a full ride to be Nebraska's QB and was all-state in basketball. People just choose the big muscular guys and label them A level. Plenty of those guys have very little stamina, which is a part of athleticism. Cristiano Ronaldo is ripped to shreds and almost beat a Olympic sprinter in a 60m race.

A true A level athlete to me is someone like Lesnar. D1 National Champion wrestler, UFC HW Champ, made the Vikings without having played football for like 10 years. For his size, he has one of the craziest combine numbers you will ever see: 40 yard - 4.7, Vertical - 35 in, Bench - 30 reps....at 285 lbs. That's outrageous.

Yall should check out the PED testings in place for NFL players and NBA. Its no USADA.

Im sure if some UFC hw went to the NFL they would look really good with "professional help and training"
<AckbarTrap>

If they could be in the NFL they would be. Tens of millions a year compared to UFC pay. They'd be stupid not to.

I'm an American, but I think Americans have this flawed sense of "athleticism". For whatever reason, hockey, baseball, and soccer players are rarely included. It seems as if you have to play in the NFL or NBA to be an "A level athlete". Wayne Gretzky was drafted or signed by the Toronto Blue Jays I believe. Joe Mauer had a full ride to be Nebraska's QB and was all-state in basketball. People just choose the big muscular guys and label them A level. Plenty of those guys have very little stamina, which is a part of athleticism.

Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo is ripped to shreds and almost beat a Olympic sprinter in a 60m race.
Yet Ronaldo gets lightly bumped on the field and acts like he's been shot.

I'm an American, but I think Americans have this flawed sense of "athleticism". For whatever reason, hockey, baseball, and soccer players are rarely included. It seems as if you have to play in the NFL or NBA to be an "A level athlete". Wayne Gretzky was drafted or signed by the Toronto Blue Jays I believe. Joe Mauer had a full ride to be Nebraska's QB and was all-state in basketball. People just choose the big muscular guys and label them A level. Plenty of those guys have very little stamina, which is a part of athleticism.

Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo is ripped to shreds and almost beat a Olympic sprinter in a 60m race.

Because those other sports rely on sports specific skills way more than athleticism, that's why they're not mentioned.

Objective identification of an A level athlete needs to be established.

Sports do not necessarily do this, as most have a high degree of skill necessary to succeed along with physical attributes.

Since skill is necessary in sports, A level athletes aren't going to necessarily be good at all sports, but they will contain great ability in a variety of athletic attributes.

These attributes could be speed, quickness, agility, strength, coordination, flexibility, endurance and so forth.

Professional sport combines do a decent job at identifying who is the best at any one of these attributes. Track and field events can also specifically point to this. Whether it is high jump, long jump, short and long distance races, or shot put.

Size is another factor altogether, outside of athletic attributes.

Based on the laws of physics smaller bodies will always have an advantage over large bodies due to smaller masses and shorter levers. This allows for overall greater body control, which coincides with most athletic movements.

Furthermore, from a statistical stand point, really small or really big bodies will make up an incredibly small percentage of a popluation and as such will give a small sample size of which to extract an A level athlete from.

As an example. Any US adult male above 6'4" or below 5'3" make up roughly 1% of all US adult males on either ends respectively. With 98% of the population being within 5'3" to 6'4" it is hard to find A level athletes of tremendous size.

In North America, for the most part, smaller A level athletes make it to weight class sports fairly regularly, but larger ones do not, as most high profile North American sports place emphasis on size.

Since MMA relies heavily on North american population to fill its ranks, we typically rarely see A level UFC athletes above middleweight.

He acts like he got shot because drawing fouls gets you rewards in football. Happens in the NBA too with flopping, less now because they actually have replays and penalize players financially.

<36>

Steroids isn't going to magically turn you into a great athlete.

Will it enhance your performances, sure.

Will it turn your average Joe into an Olympian? Lol no

Blaydes deserves the "big black guy" hype more than Hardy, Black Beast or Ngannou (although he lost to Ngannou when he was very inexperienced). He's the youngest of them, has by far the best background and the best style. :p

GAY HUGGING IS THE TRUTH.

I'm an American, but I think Americans have this flawed sense of "athleticism". For whatever reason, hockey, baseball, and soccer players are rarely included. It seems as if you have to play in the NFL or NBA to be an "A level athlete". Wayne Gretzky was drafted or signed by the Toronto Blue Jays I believe. Joe Mauer had a full ride to be Nebraska's QB and was all-state in basketball. People just choose the big muscular guys and label them A level. Plenty of those guys have very little stamina, which is a part of athleticism. Cristiano Ronaldo is ripped to shreds and almost beat a Olympic sprinter in a 60m race.

A true A level athlete to me is someone like Lesnar. D1 National Champion wrestler, UFC HW Champ, made the Vikings without having played football for like 10 years. For his size, he has one of the craziest combine numbers you will ever see: 40 yard - 4.7, Vertical - 35 in, Bench - 30 reps....at 285 lbs. That's outrageous.
The guy that Ronaldo raced against has a 100m PB of 10.14 seconds. CR7 beat him in the zigzag, but most NFL players would do that too.

There are NFL players that would easily beat that sprinter in a 100m race; Jim Hines ran a 9.95 officially, and he wasn't even a full-time sprinter.

Let me guess, you think LeBron is a great athlete though, right?. Have you watched the NBA?

Next.

Video game players are the real A level athletes.

They even have the nerve to call it "e-sports" like there's a shred of athleticism involved.

Yes, most of those guys are geared up out of their minds.

But no amount of gear is gonna get someone to run as fast as a Dion Sanders, Bo Jackson or a Randy Moss.
{<doc}
ben-johnson-thumb.jpg
<2>

The guy that Ronaldo raced against has a 100m PB of 10.14 seconds. CR7 beat him in the zigzag, but most NFL players would do that too.

There are NFL players that would easily beat that sprinter in a 100m race; Jim Hines ran a 9.95 officially, and he wasn't even a full-time sprinter.

This point is irrelevant. Jim Hines was a sprinter. THEN he played the in the NFL and had a garbage career because it was a publicity stunt.

Let me guess, you think LeBron is a great athlete though, right?. Have you watched the NBA?

Next.
Any guy who is 6'8 270lbs who can move and jump like that, has to be a pretty good athlete. He could have played in the NFL had he stuck to football instead of basketball.

There are A level athletes in every sport. Guys like Dave Winfield could have played any sport he wanted and been successful.

But the majority of the best american athletes are in the NBA and NFL. I live and grew up in Minnesota. I know all about hockey players. Not very many of them were all that impressive athletically in terms of raw physical ability. Hell, one of the least athletic people I ever knew was a decent hockey player.

That's not downplaying their skills and conditioning which are definitely A level. But to act like they are on the same level as someone like Lebron James is fucking laughable.

This point is irrelevant. Jim Hines was a sprinter. THEN he played the in the NFL and had a garbage career because it was a publicity stunt.
Darrell Green 10.08. One of the greatest cornerbacks ever. He would run laps around Ronaldo and outjump him even now, at age 58.

Back