A level athletes? Pft

Gareth bale out ran bo jackson, and hes just a soccer player on 0 gear at all, meanwhile bo was on everything under the sun. Gareth bale isnt the fastest at all btw, just saying he outran jackson and no one calls Bale some super athlete.
When did he out run him? And you understand bale weighs about 170 while bo was easily 220-230

Yall should check out the PED testings in place for NFL players and NBA. Its no USADA.

Im sure if some UFC hw went to the NFL they would look really good with "professional help and training"
Perfect example as to why we should put USADA on the banned list.

MMA would be so exciting.

When did he out run him? And you understand bale weighs about 170 while bo was easily 220-230

Someone said Bo jackson would outrun any soccer player, than presented with info to prove him wrong, he fell back on the Bo Steroid Jackson weight amount.. Bale isnt on any steroids, bo was. If someones going to make a point, they cant have two outs.. either hes faster or hes not.. hes not faster,, so now come the excuses, that is all.

Anyway, in soccer, its longer distance that is more important. How many NFL players run 10KM per match? That is what soccer players run. I don't think they have tested each and every soccer player for their best sprint speeds, as cardio is actually more important before their maximum sprint. They need to be able to finish the 90 minute game injury free.

<36>

Steroids isn't going to magically turn you into a great athlete.

Will it enhance your performances, sure.

Will it turn your average Joe into an Olympian? Lol no

Steroids turned Anthony Johnson into a 205 & HW kingpin after being a journeyman 170lber, i think it does more than you think.

People also don't take into account how much weight most of these NFL guys will have to eventually lose in order to develop decent fight cardio. Mitrione was a 300 lb NFL lineman and then ended up being a 250 lb MMA fighter, well below having to even think about cutting weight like some other guys have. It's extremely rare to see a 285 lb guy like Lesnar that somehow has great cardio as well, but that is due in large part to his years of amateur wrestling a that weight.

Yes, most of those guys are geared up out of their minds.

But no amount of gear is gonna get someone to run as fast as a Dion Sanders, Bo Jackson or a Randy Moss.

Yes but people have to realize that different sports requires different athletes. Usain Bolt is the fastest man in human history but he's so extremely fast-twitch that I don't think he would be able to wrestle more than 1-2 rounds without gassing out completely. Keneisa Bekele has the world record in 10K metres long distance running, but he's so slow-twitch and thin that he would get rag dolled by any average grappler. The same is true for these mythical "A-level athletes" in NFL. They're explosive as hell, but in order for them to gain the cardio needed for MMA they would have to completely change their training and physique.

Gimme a break, It's mostly because US soccer players are rejects that either washed out of mainstream sports, or were not allowed to play them because too many 'city kids' were on the teams. Far as hockey, anyone with a brain knows many of them are elite. Seems like you are reaching to discredit players of certain sports, which reeks of agenda.

Talk about an agenda. That is one of the most misguided comments I've ever heard.

Out of all sports I would actually say elite boxers are the real A level athletes.

Huge talent and athleticism requirement to reach elite level. You need speed, power, agility and stamina - all the core components of athleticism. They are incredible all round athletes, generally.

Darrell Green 10.08. One of the greatest cornerbacks ever. He would run laps around Ronaldo and outjump him even now, at age 58.

Darren Campbell ran 10.04 and played pro soccer before sprinting.

Out of all sports I would actually say elite boxers are the real A level athletes.

Huge talent and athleticism requirement to reach elite level. You need speed, power, agility and stamina - all the core components of athleticism. They are incredible all round athletes, generally.

I would actually agree with this.

Don't forget hand eye coordination.

Sherdog logic:

"Oh look he plays in the NFL, there goes a true A - level athlete"
<DCWhoa>
1*3wp3n-x2BOuCAp-t2CWy7w.jpeg

"Nah, that guy does UFC so C-level at best"
<DisgustingHHH>
5effd1767b36f90713af52f12e4ac338

Sherdog logic:

"Oh look he plays in the NFL, there goes a true A - level athlete"
<DCWhoa>
1*3wp3n-x2BOuCAp-t2CWy7w.jpeg

"Nah, that guy does UFC so C-level at best"
<DisgustingHHH>
5effd1767b36f90713af52f12e4ac338

yea lets compare a picture of a guy
who wants to gain weight for his sport vs a guy cutting weight to avoid guys his size. That NFL player probably runs a faster 40-yard dash than yoel, bigger vert jump and stronger

Perry in high school at 295 pounds ran a 11.0 second 100 yard and sub 12s 100m and could do 360 dunks in basketball.

yea lets compare a picture of a guy who wants to gain weight for his sport vs a guy cutting weight to avoid guys his size. That NFL player probably runs a faster 40-yard dash than yoel, bigger vert jump and stronger

This is exactly the problem, you are citing what the NFL combine numbers are. It's stupid.

How about 100m? What's his mile time? Can he even jump rope? How's his hand eye coordination? How long does it take Refrigerator Perry's fat ass to get off the ground once he ends up there?

The point I am making along with several others, is Americans immediately go to the NFL. It's shoved down our throats. Even in the NBA, all we ever hear is "Larry Bird is one of the 10 greatest ever but he wasn't a good athlete". Ok...says who? So you're telling me the guy was better than any NBA player in history aside from maybe 7 guys, but he wasn't an elite athlete? All Larry Bird ever did was play a sport against elite athletes. But because his game wasn't reverse windmill jams, he lacked athleticism? It's not like he was strictly a 3 ball shooter. His highlights are filled with grabbing boards and driving the lane.

It mainly comes down to race, as annoying as that is to say.

A level athlete isn't just about a guy being a cut up or running fast or being strong.

It is hand-eye coordination, being able to naturally play any sport better than others, having the instinct to explode the correct way, having control over your body.

Think of the kid at your school who could be a QB on the football field, go play soccer in gym class better than guys on the soccer team, sink 3 pointers, crush a baseball, walk on the tennis court and serve really good after a few tries. That is an A level athlete.

This is exactly the problem, you are citing what the NFL combine numbers are. It's stupid.

How about 100m? What's his mile time? Can he even jump rope? How's his hand eye coordination? How long does it take Refrigerator Perry's fat ass to get off the ground once he ends up there?

The point I am making along with several others, is Americans immediately go to the NFL. It's shoved down our throats. Even in the NBA, all we ever hear is "Larry Bird is one of the 10 greatest ever but he wasn't a good athlete". Ok...says who? So you're telling me the guy was better than any NBA player in history aside from maybe 7 guys, but he wasn't an elite athlete? All Larry Bird ever did was play a sport against elite athletes. But because his game wasn't reverse windmill jams, he lacked athleticism? It's not like he was strictly a 3 ball shooter. His highlights are filled with grabbing boards and driving the lane.

It mainly comes down to race, as annoying as that is to say.

did you miss my edit? In high school he was 6'2" 295 and ran a 11.0 second 100yard dash, sub 12second 100m dash, could 360 dunk

Larry bird was a great athlete but no freak

Yall should check out the PED testings in place for NFL players and NBA. Its no USADA.

Im sure if some UFC hw went to the NFL they would look really good with "professional help and training"
<AckbarTrap>

It': "eating right, and exercise"

did you miss my edit? In high school he was 6'2" 295 and ran a 11.0 second 100yard dash, sub 12second 100m dash, could 360 dunk

I did not see that. I would be interested to see if that's accurate considering it's a long time ago. The shot put doesn't surprise me.

Here is a counterpoint though, you know who Albert Haynesworth is? The dude was an elite player and I believe a season or two after his big year, he couldn't even pass the conditioning test. A bunch of schmucks from ESPN did the test and passed it. Some guys are in the NFL based on size and technique. My buddy was a D1 Center for a bad program. He is one of my close friends and weighed about 300 lbs at the time. A good athlete for sure, but far from being some elite athlete. He made the Rams practice squad but was cut due to the lockout. This is a guy I personally knew. You can't say all these elite athletes are NFL or NBA players.

There are freaks for sure, no doubt. But my overall point is people go overboard with it. It's so subjective.

I did not see that. I would be interested to see if that's accurate considering it's a long time ago. The shot put doesn't surprise me.

Here is a counterpoint though, you know who Albert Haynesworth is? The dude was an elite player and I believe a season or two after his big year, he couldn't even pass the conditioning test. A bunch of schmucks from ESPN did the test and passed it. Some guys are in the NFL based on size and technique. My buddy was a D1 Center for a bad program. He is one of my close friends and weighed about 300 lbs at the time. A good athlete for sure, but far from being some elite athlete. He made the Rams practice squad but was cut due to the lockout. This is a guy I personally knew. You can't say all these elite athletes are NFL or NBA players.

There are freaks for sure, no doubt. But my overall point is people go overboard with it. It's so subjective.

Albert Haynesworth was an elite athlete but quit trying after he got paid, i know this because i am a redskins fan, this happens a lot, there are many guys who hate the sport but are good at it, once they get paid they stop caring. You will see many athletes have their best production in "contract years" i.e. the year when their current contract is up and their performance will dictate how much they get paid the next year.

Basically NFL is a sport for sprinters that can't compete with real sprinters C level sprinters.

Then we have athletic phenoms like this guy whos a top 5 in his role, and is as athletic as a box of potatoes

why do you guys keep posting pics like this? you can carry body fat and still be an elite athlete. He's fat and probably has faster sprint times, top speed, vertical jump and strength than any soccer player

Back