A level athletes? Pft

What is your fascination with Ronaldo? He is NOT one of the fastest players in the world and it is clear you don't follow soccer. He and Messi are the best players in the world. Tom Brady certainly isn't the fastest NFL player is he? Probably one of the slowest QB's in the league.

Once again, you JUST discredited the 40 time, now you are using it as evidence.

Darren Campbell was a soccer player turned sprinter. He ran the 100m in 10.04 seconds. But that doesn't count. He isn't in the NFL. Not an A-level athlete.

bro, you are dumb AF. YOU are trying to compare top speeds from a rolling start in soccer to dead stop 40 yard dash times, I'm using 40 times ONLY because my initial argument was sprinting which is always from a stop. Not once did I discredit the 40, I discredited you trying to use top speeds measured from a 40 yard dash when they aren't even hitting their top speed in such a short sprint. Are you still following or still a dumbass?

Campbell was not a soccer player turned sprinter, he was a sprinter his entire life and tried out pro soccer for 2 years. Also Campbell's best 50m dash (closest to NFL short sprint) was 5.77 according to his wiki page, the only nfl player i can see with a recorded 50m time was darrell green who ran a 5.76

I'm not going to get into sprinting details with you as well, 40 yard dash is an acceleration time, not a top speed time. 50m is similar where they are just barely reaching top speed. 100m is who can limit deceleration the best from the 50-100 point. 40y is the best measurement of explosion and acceleration and why the NFL uses it vs other sprint distances.

Last edited:
bro, you are dumb AF. YOU are trying to compare top speeds from a rolling start in soccer to dead stop 40 yard dash times, I'm using 40 times ONLY because my initial argument was sprinting which is always from a stop. Not once did I discredit the 40, I discredited you trying to use top speeds measured from a 40 yard dash when they aren't even hitting their top speed in such a short sprint. Are you still following or still a dumbass?

Campbell was not a soccer player turned sprinter, he was a sprinter his entire life and tried out pro soccer for 2 years.

You are the inbred fuckin moron who said that fat lineman could beat any soccer player in a race.

And you still stand by it. You probably got your ass beat by a football player and feel the need to pump up their athleticism. Jesus Christ. NFL players are freaks, but not all of them are faster than soccer players. Why is that hard to admit? I am admitting to you that overall, NFL players are better athletes. But the fact that Arjen Robben running 23 mph is somehow offensive to you because the dude isn't in the NFL. Even if we take the pads off from the Next Gen stats you posted, it's not like 100 guys would have broken that speed. Maybe a handful would have.

Never disagreed with that. What I'm saying is many people immediately eliminate other athletes who aren't in the NBA or NFL. That is ridiculous. I have a guy above me trying to say 300 lb. linemen would beat every soccer player in a race. I literally presented evidence of Arjen Robben running faster than Chris Johnson did during his 4.24 time for his 40. He's in the sunken place.

I don't see it, mind posting it? I would rather have the guy for the sport. Chirs Johnson is probably stronger than Arjen Robben too. But we're putting their athletic abilities in a bottle.

You are the inbred fuckin moron who said that fat lineman could beat any soccer player in a race.

And you still stand by it. You probably got your ass beat by a football player and feel the need to pump up their athleticism. Jesus Christ. NFL players are freaks, but not all of them are faster than soccer players. Why is that hard to admit? I am admitting to you that overall, NFL players are better athletes. But the fact that Arjen Robben running 23 mph is somehow offensive to you because the dude isn't in the NFL. Even if we take the pads off from the Next Gen stats you posted, it's not like 100 guys would have broken that speed. Maybe a handful would have.

I never said it's offensive, I said you cherry picked the fastest guy in soccer in HISTORY when i can find numerous guys in a single randomly chosen season who have a similar top speed in the NFL. And lol at saying ronaldo is not fast, he's the 6th fastest player top speed recorded in history at 33.6 km/h

I don't see it, mind posting it? I would rather have the guy for the sport. Chirs Johnson is probably stronger than Arjen Robben too. But we're putting their athletic abilities in a bottle.

Here is the link for Robben: https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/ar...-to-score-hollands-fifth-against-spain-438258

Here is the link for Chris Johnson and others: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...ard-dash-fastest-times-history-miles-per-hour

Here is the link for NFL players top speeds in mph: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers/2016/all

The only NFL ball carrier to run faster than Robben was Tyreek Hill. And yes, they have pads on. But I don't think that would move that many guys to that level, probably a few more though. Regardless, this guy is still trying to tell me these big linemen would beat all soccer players in a race. And I'm saying that is nuts. But whatever floats his boat lol.

@george14 lol at stop using ronaldo: Fastested recorded times IN HISTORY for soccer

After Robben, the list of the world's fastest is as follows:

Theo Walcott, 35.7 km/h: The Arsenal and England winger misses Brazil 2014 with a knee ligament injury, and will be sorely missed by the Three Lions.

Antonio Valencia, 35.1 km/h: The Ecuador international has previously held the title of the fastest player, clocking up 35.1km/h last September.

Gareth Bale, 34.7 km/h: The Real Madrid player showed everyone how quick he was when he scored against Barcelona in the Copa del Rey final. He will turn 25 in July, and must watch the World Cup from home.

Aaron Lennon, 33.8 km/h: The diminutive Tottenham winger is the second English player on the list; however this was not enough for Roy Hodgson to call him up for Brazil.

Cristiano Ronaldo, 33.6 km/h: The Real Madrid player is noted for his ability to impeccably control the ball at high speeds on the counter attack.

Here is the link for Robben: https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/ar...-to-score-hollands-fifth-against-spain-438258

Here is the link for Chris Johnson and others: https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...ard-dash-fastest-times-history-miles-per-hour

Here is the link for NFL players top speeds in mph: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/top-plays/fastest-ball-carriers/2016/all

The only NFL ball carrier to run faster than Robben was Tyreek Hill. And yes, they have pads on. But I don't think that would move that many guys to that level, probably a few more though. Regardless, this guy is still trying to tell me these big linemen would beat all soccer players in a race. And I'm saying that is nuts. But whatever floats his boat lol.

Again bro the chris johnson article they are measruing top speed from a 40 yard dash, that is 36 meters long. sprinters do not hit top speed until around 50 meters. So likely the top 10+ 40 yard guys would have top speeds equal or better than robben with 14 more yards to run. And that is one year of college kids compared to the fastest recorded soccer time ever in all of history.

Again bro the chris johnson article they are measruing top speed from a 40 yard dash, that is 36 meters long. sprinters do not hit top speed until 50 meters. So likely the top 10+ 40 yard guys would have top speeds equal or better than robben with 14 more yards to run. And that is one year of college kids compared to the fastest recorded soccer time ever in all of history.

All of history? How long have they been recording this?

Also, you realize you are still listing soccer players who are being recorded as faster than damn near every NFL ball carrier? Go do the conversion on Google. Yes, NFL players have pads on. No, every players mph would not increase dramatically without pads. You cited the Next Gen stats with the top speeds.

So once again, those guys you just listed who play soccer, are indeed faster than every single god damn lineman lol.

EDIT: I shouldn't say all, but the top 3 are comparable to all the fastest NFL guys.

All of history? How long have they been recording this?

Also, you realize you are still listing soccer players who are being recorded as faster than damn near every NFL ball carrier? Go do the conversion on Google. Yes, NFL players have pads on. No, every players mph would not increase dramatically without pads. You cited the Next Gen stats with the top speeds.

So once again, those guys you just listed who play soccer, are indeed faster than every single god damn lineman lol.

EDIT: I shouldn't say all, but the top 3 are comparable to all the fastest NFL guys.
Ho Lee fuk man top speed has only part to do with a Sprint. It is equals about the Explosive Start and then getting close to top speed so just because these guys have a good top speed from a rolling run with no pads on doesn't mean they would beat Lineman in a 40-yard Sprint.

It said that Usain Bolt would have a slow 40-yard timed, around 4.64 because he does not have as in an explosive start as most NFL players. 4.64 is measured from his hundred meter times yeah his top speed is something like 44 kilometers an hour.

Now that's Usain Bolt a lifelong spinner with the highest top end speed ever now take these random soccer players who have NFL equivalent top speed and probably even less acceleration than Usain Bolt and now you can see where a lineman could be almost all soccer players if not all in a 40-yard Sprint from a stop

Ho Lee fuk man top speed has only part to do with a Sprint. It is equals about the Explosive Start and then getting close to top speed so just because these guys have a good top speed from a rolling run with no pads on doesn't mean they would beat Lineman in a 40-yard Sprint.

It said that Usain Bolt would have a slow 40-yard timed, around 4.64 because he does not have as in an explosive start as most NFL players. 4.64 is measured from his hundred meter times yeah his top speed is something like 44 kilometers an hour

My last comment on this thread:

Would 300 lb. linemen beat every soccer player in a 100m sprint?

My last comment on this thread:

Would 300 lb. linemen beat every soccer player in a 100m sprint?
This whole thing is been about 40 yard dash times for NFL players I never mention hundred-meter I would say that the faster lineman would be every soccer player in a 40-yard dash

Why do people care so much about these so called A level athletes, and what sports most are in. Also, a lot of people seem to confuse cardio for athleticism around here.

We don't know that because top speed is not measured without pads in the NFL Beyond 40 yards

Oh for fucks sake you're dense.

We also "don't know" Ronaldo's 40 time because he didn't run it. I think we can both use our brains and figure out that if all players (minus Hill) were slower than 23 mph with pads on, there wouldn't be some massive increase. Some guys would probably be pushed over that 23 mph, but not a ton. No 300 lb. lineman is beating any of those guys in a 100m race. Just give it a rest.

Back