A-level footballer Neymar hanging out with the greatest name in MMA

We all know that it is further from full on fighting than MMA. We all also know that MMA is still sport fighting with rules. In reality, its just a difference in agreed upon rules, none of them are the real thing.
I dont think boxing is any less of a contact sport, in fact it might be more of one. It doesnt incorporate any resistance or much lower body strength (strength,not power), and it drives me crazy when the ref breaks up clinches, but in the end, it is simply a different set of agreed upon rules in the world of controlled sportfighting. It is not lightyears from MMA, unless both are lightyears from real fighting.
It was not until Conor got iced by that other mouthy guy that this even became a thing to talk about. Akin to Nate Diaz never being considered a huge welterweight until he choked Conor out.
Some of you guys need to pull your dicks out in front of the mirror and say, “It is what it is, and I am what I am, and goldarnit, I can get by like this.”
Wrong. There is an extremely large amount of people who believe that boxing equals fighting.

By that logic, arm wrestling is on par with boxing in terms of fighting.

Boxing paid Conor 100mill to continue the delusion that boxing = fighting. As soon as the boxing match ended, Sherdog was overrun with people claiming that Lloyd would beat any fighter in the octagon, etc.
ill admit the extremists on the Floyd side said some things like that. But they were big minority. Conor fans are extremists on the other side. Be centrist - mma is closer to fighting than boxing, but they are both a form of fighting, and it isnt millimetres from fighting to mma, and then lightyears to boxing.

ill admit the extremists on the Floyd side said some things like that. But they were big minority.
I disagree. The general public is still very slow to learn about grappling, kicking, submissions, etc. The long-held delusion that fights must occur standing and involve only punching is still very much prevalent.

Conor fans are extremists on the other side. Be centrist -
Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

mma is closer to fighting than boxing, but they are both a form of fighting, and it isnt millimetres from fighting to mma, and then lightyears to boxing.
MMA encompasses boxing. MMA encompasses wrestling. MMA encompasses BJJ. Etcetera. To assert that there isn't an extreme differential between boxing and a sport that encompasses all other disciplines in regards to fighting is absurd.

I disagree. The general public is still very slow to learn about grappling, kicking, submissions, etc. The long-held delusion that fights must occur standing and involve only punching is still very much prevalent.

MMA encompasses boxing. MMA encompasses wrestling. MMA encompasses BJJ. Etcetera. To assert that there isn't an extreme differential between boxing and a sport that encompasses all other disciplines in regards to fighting is absurd.

Not only that, but there are differences in the individual disciplines as well due to the nature of one martial art threatening the other and the adjustments that need to be made for that.

Neymar with 6 months of training would beat Conor

soccer player*
football (played with your feet) has been there for centuries

like in 1820, in the rugby shcool, some guy took the ball with his hands and rugby was born (originally "rugby football)

like in 1870 americans tried to emulate rugby without knowing the rules and the correct name of the sport, so they called it "football"

you might not believe it, but ouside the USA football is the biggest sport by a very long mile... a veeeeery long mile
and nobody knows or cares about "american football"

you americans live inside a bubble

nintchdbpict000342415491.jpg

46A12EF600000578-0-image-a-46_1511434498897.jpg
Floyd's watch is worth more than the net worth of everyone who posts in this forum put together.

Neymar hanging out with the legend. Conor got embarassed and has brain damage now.

He has brain damage kid, his face is drooling to the left and he will never be the same.
LMAO
LOL one of the softest TKOs I've ever seen in my life...Conor wasn't even defending himself at the end and Lloyd couldn't even knock him down.

He's Floyd's little bitch forever.
Boxing is light years away from fighting.

Peasants.

Conor only has time for legit GOAT-level footballers.

hqdefault.jpg

football (played with your feet) has been there for centuries

like in 1820, in the rugby shcool, some guy took the ball with his hands and rugby was born (originally "rugby football)

like in 1870 americans tried to emulate rugby without knowing the rules and the correct name of the sport, so they called it "football"

you might not believe it, but ouside the USA football is the biggest sport by a very long mile... a veeeeery long mile
and nobody knows or cares about "american football"

you americans live inside a bubble
soccer*

Back