A link between parents’ earnings, gender roles, mental health?

I don't see any evidence for that, Western Europe have a lot of prominent Female politicians (Merkel, May etc.,) and they're not significantly better than the United States' male equivalents?

Maybe SOME Women are better at running things than SOME men, or vice versa. Certainly not enough to make a bold generalisation.

I may have overstated my position. SOME women are certainly more capable than SOME men. Not all. My point is that it is 2017, gender roles are a thing of the past and that is a good thing. If a women goes to work then the man usually picks up some of the slack at home. Why can't that be seen as a good thing? I have an outstanding relationship with my kids because I don't have such a demanding job like my wife does. I pick them up from school everyday and coach their teams. I love it and our household works out well.

The whole feminism thing is typical of other stereotypes propagated by christian white people. Women should be home, mexicans are illegal and bad, blacks are criminals, god is real. All of which are wrong and should be ridiculed at every chance.

Well I know you will disagree with this but it is a man's job to provide for his family. If that is taken from him, or if he is unable to do it, or if he refuses to do it, he often struggles because of that.

And this study backs that up.

Stop posting worthless nonsense rip... It's 2017, wake up

The whole feminism thing is typical of other stereotypes propagated by christian white people. Women should be home, mexicans are illegal and bad, blacks are criminals, god is real. All of which are wrong and should be ridiculed at every chance.
Christians are not saying that

Women are more capable of running things then men, that is for sure. Look at our political landscape, run by men. Put women in charge and things will change drastically for the better.
That is a very sexist statement.

My point is that it is 2017, gender roles are a thing of the past and that is a good thing. If a women goes to work then the man usually picks up some of the slack at home. Why can't that be seen as a good thing? I have an outstanding relationship with my kids because I don't have such a demanding job like my wife does. I pick them up from school everyday and coach their teams. I love it and our household works out well.

I can only go from the data of the studies I've read. The majority point to a decrease in satisfaction for Women that correlates to increased financial responsibility within the home, over the last 40 years, whereas typically Men tend to strive to be the "primary breadwinner".

Your wife has a happy work life balance, but the evidence suggests that for the vast majority of Women, who don't manage to get this balance, end up depressed and wishing they'd spent more time with their kids than being a cog in the machine.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...de-to-feel-they-are-not-doing-their-best.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/mo...nish-mother-stay-at-home-child-care-work.html

You liked the ridiculous post by ripskater... Why?
Because it isn't ridiculous. Putting earning potential above the stability of your family is ridiculous. My wife and I struggled with the decision for her not to return to work after her first pregnancy, but in retrospect it was the right decision for us. Every woman I know, except for my mother ironically, is jealous of the fact that my wife is a stay at home mother.

Because it isn't ridiculous. Putting earning potential above the stability of your family is ridiculous. My wife and I struggled with the decision for her not to return to work after her first pregnancy, but in retrospect it was the right decision for us. Every woman I know, except for my mother ironically, is jealous of the fact that my wife is a stay at home mother.

What you stated is not what rip stated. He made a very general comment that basically said, if women go back to work then the household gets all messed up. You and I both provided stories about our own situations which seem to work well for us. We were specific and as usual rip was very general. I could post statistics I'm sure that stay at home mothers are less happy, have less social interaction (especially when the children are babies) and have very little self worth considering they feel that all they are, are mothers. It goes both ways.

I would argue that men going out and working is putting earning potential above the stability of the family. How can a mom stay at home and raise 3 children by herself? Doesn't she need the man to help? (This is just a counterargument, not something I believe in every case)

We already know that women pick mates up and across dominance hierarchies. Confirms again it's the correct choice, including for the mental health of the dude.

So you are saying 10,000,000 years of doing it one way created some ingrained tendencies? I think I'll wait for the pop-culture media to tell me what to think on the matter.

Women are more capable of running things then men, that is for sure. Look at our political landscape, run by men. Put women in charge and things will change drastically for the better.

Judging by europe, putting women in charge leads to a drastic increase in rape

Back