A link between parents’ earnings, gender roles, mental health?

The world is bigger than Europe

And where is female leadership making it a better place?

Note, i have no doubt that women can be great leaders. They're human just like men.
Your claim was simply ludicrous

Note, i have no doubt that women can be great leaders. They're human just like men.
While he may not be female, Canada has a bitch for a leader.

Not working out so well.

Nah, not ludicrous. Studies support my statement. You may disagree but not ludicrous

https://hbr.org/2012/03/a-study-in-leadership-women-do

http://www.businessinsider.com/study-women-are-better-leaders-2014-1

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/women-better-leaders-men-study-a7658781.html

He called and you came scampering along like a beaten dog.
That doesn't make him your stalker.
It makes you his bitch.

Reported for unnecessary and unfounded attacks against my good character.

So... Absolutely nowhere, then?
studies are not real life.

Even if they were, i can't see anywhere that those studies conclude female leadership will make the world a better place.
Hitler was a effective leader. Did he make the world a better place?

Also, did you read your links?
I only read one fully, and skimmed another. Both of them say that women are better leader because they have to work harder to prove themselves.
So women have to either be oppressed or insecure in order to be more effective leaders than men?

That doesn't make your assertion any less ludicrous.

Last edited:
So... Absolutely nowhere, then?
studies are not real life.

Even if they were, i can't see anywhere that those studies conclude female leadership will make the world a better place.
Hitler was a effective leader. Did he make the world a better place?

Also, did you read your links?
I only read one fully, and skimmed another. Both of them say that women are better leader because they have to work harder to prove themselves.
So women have to either be oppressed or insecure in order to be more effective leaders than men?

That doesn't make your assergion any less ludicrous.

Because you say it's ludicrous doesn't make it true. I'll start there. Reasons below.

competencies%20chart.jpg

Because you say it's ludicrous doesn't make it true. I'll start there. Reasons below.

competencies%20chart.jpg

Yes. That was in one of the two links i looked at. I have already seen it.
Now reply to the post you just quoted.

Here, i'll help.

A) without men to impress or oppressed by, what would be the female motivation to lead well, since, in the studies you linked, they themselves state that that's what drives them?
B) since hitler would rank highly on all those leadership qualities, would you say he made the world a better place?

Your statement was not ludicrous just because i said so. It was ludicrous because it was ludicrous.
It became even more so when you linked studies that list traits common to dictators, and said nothing wbout making the world a better place.

Yes. That was in one of the two links i looked at. I have already seen it.
Now reply to the post you just quoted.

Here, i'll help.

A) without men to impress or oppressed by, what would be the female motivation to lead well, since, in the studies you linked, they themselves state that that's what drives them?
B) since hitler would rank highly on all those leadership qualities, would you say he made the world a better place?

Your statement was not ludicrous just because i said so. It was ludicrous because it was ludicrous.
It became even more so when you linked studies that list traits common to dictators, and said nothing wbout making the world a better place.

Does it matter what drives someone if they are a better leader? Everyone has a level of self motivation and a level of outside motivation. I don't think it matters why but since it suits your position you keep saying it like it matters.

Again, you bring up Hitler because it suits your position but the answer is clearly no. Even though he may have scored higher in those leadership qualities he did not make the world a better place. The studies show that women are better and more effective leaders. That's it. See those numbers on the chart above? They are higher for women which supports my statement.

Does it matter what drives someone if they are a better leader? Everyone has a level of self motivation and a level of outside motivation. I don't think it matters why but since it suits your position you keep saying it like it matters.

Again, you bring up Hitler because it suits your position but the answer is clearly no. Even though he may have scored higher in those leadership qualities he did not make the world a better place. The studies show that women are better and more effective leaders. That's it. See those numbers on the chart above? They are higher for women which supports my statement.

The fact that you're having so much trouble understanding what i'm saying does not speak well to your ability to form sound conclusions.

What i responded to was this:

Put women in charge and things will change drastically for the better.

A ludicrous statement, unsupported by your studies.
I mentioned europe, and you went on to say:

The world is bigger than Europe

When i asked for real world counter examples, you gave me the interpreted results of studies.
How about you stop being a lazy shit? Don't send me to business insider.

Hitler is a completely relevant example, in light of your claim that being more effective leaders means that if given power, they'd make the world a better place.

And yes, of course your motives matter.

So you are saying 10,000,000 years of doing it one way created some ingrained tendencies? I think I'll wait for the pop-culture media to tell me what to think on the matter.

I am sure Justin Trudeau can deliver a canned speech if you would like to update your opinion to whatever the current 2017 feminist boilerplate is.

Last edited:
It's not a surprising outcome since conformation to social expectations is often linked to mental health.

We still live in a society where people expect men to make the majority of the income and so it stands to reason that whenever that expectation isn't being met, the participants will feel negatively about it.

I wish people would be more honest about it though when it comes to things like divorce, child care, etc.

But long term, this will change as more young women come to expect themselves to be larger breadwinners. And more importantly, when young men stop expecting themselves to be the primary breadwinner. Although will take some time and is going to be a long road for men since the type of jobs, physical labor, that allowed them to retain an earnings advantage over women across society as a whole have been in decline. This means more desk and office jobs where women's earnings are more likely to match or exceed that of their potential male suitors - rendering many men wrapped into a world where they cannot economically compete with a large percentage of the women they hope to eventually provide for.

We already know that women pick mates up and across dominance hierarchies. Confirms again it's the correct choice, including for the mental health of the dude.

And a mans attractiveness tends to go up when he makes more money, whereas a womans attractiveness does not (it is more physical which is has to do with fertility)

Which makes sense really, from a natural / evolutionary perspective. A woman and her children are vulnerable after child birth and it makes sense to select a male that can provide security for them (financial and other) AKA 'a provider'

Last edited:
Women are more capable of running things then men, that is for sure. Look at our political landscape, run by men. Put women in charge and things will change drastically for the better.
Shut the fuck up

Interesting study but no, women should not be barefoot and pregnant. Just because this study shows high earning women have a higher likelihood of depression symptoms doesn't mean they should stop earning more. It means we need to figure out WHY they are at risk for depression and attack the problem there.

What if the problem is that they like to be taken care of?

It is failing our society hard.
The idea of allowing rights to work was good but the indoctrination has been more extreme to the point where women feel staying home with the kids is something to be embarrassed of.

It is failing our society hard.
The idea of allowing rights to work was good but the indoctrination has been more extreme to the point where women feel staying home with the kids is something to be embarrassed of.

This I agree with. Families should chose what works for them. Every situation is different

Back