A log to stuff your face to....GG's cooking log

I call this the "Motherfucker"

1. 3 cups of whole milk
2. 1 box of thin mint girl scout (cookies)
3. 1 cup of coconut oil
4. 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder
5. 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
6. Blend to desired consistency

HH's Pan Fried Chicken
1. Chicken breast
2. Lightly salt & pepper the chicken
3. Slice into chicken strip sized pieces (.75"x3")
4. Let the chicken sit at room temp for 10 minutes
5. While chicken is sitting, pre-heat pan on stove
6. Pan should be seasoned with coconut oil or olive oil at one notch less than medium heat (you don't want to break 350 degrees)
7. Place chicken on pan to cook until golden brown on one side (about 5-7 minutes)
7.5 Depending on how "juicy" you like your chicken, you can put a little bit more oil on the uncooked side
8. Flip chicken and cook to slightly darker than golden on the other
9. Check both sides to ensure a full cook
10. Set on paper towel to allow excess oil to drain off

Note: if your pan is smoking you have the heat too hot, turn it down, this isn't a race but the pan can start to smoke after the chicken has been flipped due to grizzle

That motherfucker looks like a motherfucker!
When the fuck do you take this?

Also we should post results of trying these recipes.

I have a bad ass coney/chili sauce I'll post tomorrow. Time for bed now.

Thunderkopf's Thunder Thighs:

5 Chicken Thighs
Worcestershire Sauce
Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste

Throw in the chicken thighs into the Crockpot, splash 2 tablespoons of the Worcestershire sauce and 3 tablespoons of the olive oil onto the thighs. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of the Italian seasoning and sprinkle some salt and pepper.

Cook on low for 4 hours (if thawed) or 5 and a half hours (if frozen). Viola! You'll get some of the most tender, juicy thighs you've ever tasted.

I like to get 4 lbs. of them from Walmart, which cost only about 5 bucks. What a steal!

Homemade Zaxby sauce:

Mix 2 parts Kraft's Mayo with Olive Oil with 1 part Hunt's Natural Ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup). Drizzle some Sriracha hot sauce and mix thoroughly. Awesome sauce.

t4zp86.jpg

A pic of the thighs. Sorry it's not big enough. Got some other stuff in the background. YUM!

eggMuffins_zps76ef3f57.jpg

Egg Muffins

These are basically scrambled eggs cooked in muffin tins. Fry up a couple ingredients, beat some eggs, add fried ingredients to eggs, put eggs in muffin tin, cook in oven at 350 for 20 minutes. While the muffins are cooking you can fry some bacon or make whatever else you want. The muffins are great re-heated for a quick breakfast.

Below is specifically what I made:

- dozen eggs, scrambled
- 2 hot italian sausages, casing removed and broken up
- half an onion, diced
- orange bell pepper, diced
- black pepper to taste

I used over-sized muffin tins so this made 9 egg muffins. If you used regular sized muffin tins you would probably get 12-15.

http://www.paleoplan.com/2009/12-02/grilled-flank-steak-with-pineapple-salsa/
Screen-Shot-2012-08-15-at-2.09.06-PM.png

Steak with Pineapple Salsa

1 lb beef flank steak
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp chipotle powder
4 slices fresh pineapple (canned in juice may be used)
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
juice of 1 lime

Prepare the grill, or turn the broiler on high.
Mix oil and chipotle powder together in a small dish.
Brush onto both sides of the steak.
Grill for around 5 minutes on one side, and 3 more minutes on the other. Or, broil 3 minutes on one side, and 2 minutes on the other.
Remove to a plate, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
Grill the pineapple rings for 2-3 minutes per side (or broil for 45 seconds to 1 minute per side).
Cut the pineapple into small chunks and place in a medium bowl.
Add red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and lime juice and mix together.
Slice the steak thinly, and serve with pineapple salsa.

We need a patron saint for this log. I nominate Ron Swanson.
ron-swanson-meat.jpg

Ron-Swanson-That-is-all.jpeg

Because I love whiskey and cigars.
tumblr_lm7q22PYpu1qey5y8.jpg

Thanks for the great recipes, they ALL look awesome!

Mashed potato rolls
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening....I use butter
1 cup mashed potatoes
2 1/2 teaspoons of salt
2 eggs
2 packages of active dry yeast
1 1/3 cups of warm water (110 degress-115degrees)
6 1/2 cups of flour

In a mixing bowl cream the sugar, and shortening (or butter) add the potatoes, salt and eggs. In a small bowl dissolve the yeast in 2/3 cup of warm water. Add to the creamed mixture, Beat in 2 cups of flour, and the remaining water. Add enough of the flour to make a soft dough.

Make the dough into a ball DO NOT KNEAD THE DOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SERIOUSLY DON'T Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top,cover it and let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in size (about an hour) Punch down the dough, and divde it into thirds. Each third should make about fifteen rolls. Arrange them in a well greased baking pan, cover and let rise again, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.

These things are the BOMB with stew, or any kind of steak, or meat.

This is also one of my grandmas recipes, so I am sure it is for a SHIT TON of rolls. So you may want to adjust the ingredients or you may end up with 50 potato rolls.. Although we never really had a problem with them...lol

John Wayne could also be it. He was the real life meat man. How much of it did they find in his colon? 5lbs?

experimented around with some oatmeal today and came up with this.

Werthers candy flavored oatmeal.
oatmeal
a generous amount of brown sugar
a bit of butter.
some milk

put the oatmeal in the pan and start to cook it. Add in brown sugar,butter and milk. And let it cook until it is done, mixing the whole time.

This stuff is pretty damn good.

you can also just put brown sugar, butter and milk in a double boiler and cook them together until the brown sugar completely melts and turns into a carmel ish texture, and then let it harden and cut into candies, drizzle over apples, or add confectioners sugar until it becomes a frosting (carmel frosting is the shizzznet!) its good shit.

philly cheese steak sandwiches

cook some onions and green peppers in a pan with butter. until they the onions start to become transparent-ish, and move to the outside of the pan in a circle. Add a bit more butter, and now put in your beef. And cook, when the beef is done to your liking mix in with onions and peppers. And cook for a few more minutes. Then put your favorite cheese on top so it will melt into it. and then eat that shit mang, its da bomb!

really switched to the diet logs? C'mon this was meant for s&c logs, there is already a recipe thread here.

really switched to the diet logs? C'mon this was meant for s&c logs, there is already a recipe thread here.

As much as I don't want to agree with anything being done by the invaders, it's a diet/cooking/food log bro. Kinda belongs here. And I'm still reading.

eggMuffins_zps76ef3f57.jpg

Egg Muffins

These are basically scrambled eggs cooked in muffin tins. Fry up a couple ingredients, beat some eggs, add fried ingredients to eggs, put eggs in muffin tin, cook in oven at 350 for 20 minutes. While the muffins are cooking you can fry some bacon or make whatever else you want. The muffins are great re-heated for a quick breakfast.

Below is specifically what I made:

- dozen eggs, scrambled
- 2 hot italian sausages, casing removed and broken up
- half an onion, diced
- orange bell pepper, diced
- black pepper to taste

I used over-sized muffin tins so this made 9 egg muffins. If you used regular sized muffin tins you would probably get 12-15.

Just made these with sweet potato, mushroom and chillies. Mmmmmm.

Back