A look back at when DC pretended to be scared of the HW's..

clivers

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This always stuck out in my head, press ask him, How do you think you'd fair against the guys on your left? DC replies 'Have you seen the size of these guys?' he even goes on to say 'No I won't be fighting Stipe Miocic'

It was only a few months later when DC ends up knocking the fuck out of Stipe in the first, such a humble guy but you know deep down he knew he'd fuck everyone up at HW especially those 2 bums.

timestamped

DC will eat the piece o sht Ngannou for breakfast<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Just imagine his HW run if he had never nearly killed himself trying to make 205

This has stucked in my head too . Crazy how DC underestimaded his self

Has the MMA-media asked DC about this?

I really wanna know what he would respond, if he admits that it was just because he was under some non-disclosure agreement, because the UFC didn't want him to spoil the surprise.

Just imagine his HW run if he had never nearly killed himself trying to make 205
Amazing to think we probably lost out on the greatest HW ever because of his loyalty to a fighter that never fought and was always injured. It's mind-blowing to think Cain started MMA long before DC too, but DC has double the fights.

Its like DC saying Cain is better than him.

I'd bet on DC to beat any Cain that has ever stepped into the cage.

Last edited:
Humility is not an attribute well understood on Sherdog

So true, he always talked about how scared he was of Ngannou but deep in his mind he knew this would have been the easiest money he would have made, that's very nice from him

DC was just being classy. He had no need to talk trash about other people he wasn't fighting that week.

I'd bet on DC to beat any Cain that has ever stepped into rhs cage.
he says that for a reason. cain, when in top form, is a destroyer and the closest thing ive seen that resembles a prime fedor. the 2 jds wins, lesnar fight, bigfoot 1 etc. show this. guy was a straight up machine

And judging by the fact Cain was always "injured", Im betting DC fucked him up hard in the gym and maybe even broke his confidence doing so. DC was a much more decorated wrestler, so it makes sense that eventually he became the better fighter.

DC is a good guy, he's also a top level fighter.

<DC-Champ>

411253.jpg

I thought about it after Stipe fight and probably you are right. Would put money on DC in that fight. But at the same time for some reason I think Cain would beat Jones

Back