A minor fictional character that should have his own major story.

Dr. Terrence Wynn.......the man in Black himself. Cult leader of The Thorn. Halloween 5.

Its basically half the roles Steve Buscemi has played isn't it?

Fargo
Things to Do in Devner When your Dead
Escape From Newyork
Millers Crossing
Reversour Dogs
Coffee and Cigarettes
etc

Rufus Turner
tumblr_n8qci1WLfc1qlu8two7_250.gif

It has its moments but a lot of problems as well, generally I think its a misguided attempt to follow the original by having seemingly bigger characters killed off earlier yet in this case a lot of the cast who remain simply aren't that interesting.
Yeah, Pearlman was the only real standout charisma wise besides Wincott. Even though Ripley was a badass, she was missing something in this movie, probably just they fashion she was written. She was still better than the rest (aside Pearlman) They were okay, but mostly meant to be killed off. Issue was they just didn’t have the charisma to make them stand out amongst each other.

I always wanted know what an awesome rocking life Rufus had.

Doing what, exactly? Lifting weights at the YMCA?

A more generic action film I spose, maybe the events described in the film itself with only the two of them surviving?

Yeah, Pearlman was the only real standout charisma wise besides Wincott. Even though Ripley was a badass, she was missing something in this movie, probably just they fashion she was written. She was still better than the rest (aside Pearlman) They were okay, but mostly meant to be killed off. Issue was they just didn’t have the charisma to make them stand out amongst each other.

Personally I still think Whedon was a bad choice to write an Alien film. Prior to this the series had tended to be much more down to earth but he's naturally far pulpier and introduces characters like the dwarf and the Jamaican guy who are basically just walking(or non walking) clichés. JE Freeman is obviously a personality but the character is a pretty generic villain.

Generally I think the film suffers from a common fault with Whedon as well being rather cluttered and disorganised, the man isn't exactly known for producing lean and efficient scripts which Alien has arguably always had prior to this.

Certainly not classic cinema but I could see a half decent film, You could argue that Duke has effectively been asked to play the same character a few times since then, Battlestar Galactica especially comes to mind as basically a criminal Mac.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m0qej4tFC11qa5etko1_500.gif

I'm I could think of some from non-Tarantino movies, but why bother.

Luca Brasi

Egg Shen

I'll post more as I think of them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back