A radical group of black students calls on the university of Cornell to disfavor immigrants.

1b0c5e7aef582a11918f6a802bcc9ccd--les-blondes-funny-blonde-jokes.jpg

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

That is because white privilege is ridiculous nonsense. It is wealth that grants privilege not skin color.
I essentially agree. However, I will add that there's a "privilege" if you will in being white in a general sense because it is associated with wealth. And sometimes even wealthy blacks will not be allowed access to certain areas of wealth because of skin color, like Oprah not being buzzed in to Hermes in Paris, or not being allowed to see/buy an expensive handbag in Switzerland because the saleswoman thought it was out of her price range.

Granted, once it's understood that a black person is wealthy and/or famous, they will be mostly treated as that status, but their very skin color is still a signifier of something else on some level. I'm not a big fan of all the "privilege" talk and think it gets stressed too much by the left. But it is a reality to a certain extent. Even poor whites get treated and viewed a bit differently than poor blacks. But I do agree that wealth is the greatest privilege by far, and wealthy blacks would still be more privileged than poor whites.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...e-store-just-let-oprah-buy-the-38-000-handbag

I essentially agree. However, I will add that there's a "privilege" if you will in being white in a general sense because it is associated with wealth. And sometimes even wealthy blacks will not be allowed access to certain areas of wealth because of skin color, like Oprah not being buzzed in to Hermes in Paris, or not being allowed to see/buy an expensive handbag in Switzerland because the saleswoman thought it was out of her price range.

Granted, once it's understood that a black person is wealthy and/or famous, they will be mostly treated as that status, but their very skin color is still a signifier of something else on some level. I'm not a big fan of all the "privilege" talk and think it gets stressed too much by the left. But it is a reality to a certain extent. Even poor whites get treated and viewed a bit differently than poor blacks. But I do agree that wealth is the greatest privilege by far, and wealthy blacks would still be more privileged than poor whites.

http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...e-store-just-let-oprah-buy-the-38-000-handbag

I agree that there is some skin-color privilege. Whites also get treated far better in Asian countries like Korea, Japan and China compared to darker skinned people.

Fair enough, but you could at least try to empathize a little with a group that has only received full citizenship in the last 50 years.

I don't feel guilt over my ancestors, but it's pretty messed up that my ancestors owned someone not that long ago or that my grandmother said she'd have to "hold her nose and vote for that n!@@3r".

Not that I agree with everything, but is it really a wonder that some blacks don't trust whites?
We are talking about slavery that ended more than 150 years ago, or citizenship?

The italians and the irish were not citizens two in some point, and they not make as excuse for short acomplishments.

Asians were also citzens at the same time as black people and suffer tdiscrimination , and they not complain about it, in fact they are maybe the most sucessful demographic group in US.

So that "historical debt" and whatnot is a narrative to have privileges.

Oddly enough the people in this story want to disfavor folks who have gained full citizenship less than 50 years ago.

As I said earlier, it's because they believe that those people are attending due to affirmative action, which was supposed to make up for the sins of the US; not the sins of Brazil.

Last edited:
We are talking about slavery that ended more than 150 years ago, or citizenship?

The italians and the irish were not citizens two in some point, and they not make as excuse for short acomplishments.

Asians were also citzens at the same time as black people and suffer tdiscrimination , and they not complain about it, in fact they are maybe the most sucessful demographic group in US.

So that "historical debt" and whatnot is a narrative to have privileges.

It's a little bit of both. We ended slavery in 1865, made blacks citizens in 1868, and finally let them vote in 1870. Even after we begrudgingly did all of that, we segregated the shit out of everything (bathrooms, water fountains, restaurants) in half the country and made them sit at the back of the bus or give up their seat for a white person. Shit you and I would never put up with.

Actually the Irish and Italians voted as soon as they got off the boats - even if the Nativist Ameicans didn't like them - while blacks still weren't allowed to vote until 1870. As a person of mostly Irish with a drop of Chinese, I can tell you that my ancestors where shat on when they got here, but nothing like what was done to blacks.

And again the part that isn't being talked about in the story, but that is implied is that blacks from other countries are far more likely to receive the benefits of affirmative policies over an American black - and that's what they're really complaining about.

that's why i feel like a good part of black americans hate asians.

am i wrong?

I wouldn't say hate, maybe a bit of disdain or feeling superior because blacks are higher up on the socio-political spectrum, also some blacks consider that asians are wannabe whites and worship white people, but then again lots of whites think this as well. I find hispanics are more hateful to asians, maybe hateful is too strong, but most likely to stereotype or ridicule, lots of hispanics I met think they are just too cool for school.

Back a few decades ago blacks were more outwardly racist towards asians, but it seems like they've focused all their attention to whites now. IMO I find blacks are more sensitive to stereotypes. Like most blacks I met seem very aware of the various stereotypes that exist for themselves and asians and other minorities, most don't play it up or talk about it.

Like if I'm hanging out with whites or hispanics for sure somewhere they will joke about asian men being feminine or having small dicks or can't drive, etc. But most of the time blacks would never say this to me, in fact if they hear something like that they will refute it often. I remember making a joke about asians to a black guy about asians can't dance in rythym, the guy immediately refuted by pointing out all the Korean breakdancers and other asian dancers. This has been mostly my experience with them, they don't like talking about race too much, they also don't like talking about stereotypes too often and they don't make the types of racial jokes I've heard from whites and hispanics.

This might be due to the fact that I don't treat them differently than anyone else, I talk the same way to them as I would a white guy or asian. Lots of people I know dumb down their speech when talking to blacks, or try to talk in ebonics or something, I find blacks have a radar for this and they will judge you for it.

Last edited:
If the white man was smart he would deflect all hate and violence from the black community towards he Hispanic.

Democrats never helped the African American community like they do the Hispanic.
Hispanics have kicked African Americans out of towns and took over their jobs....
And again the government is willing to provide assistance to foreigners over citizens.
I see your point. The problem is that blacks tend to come with more problems for whites than hispanics do.

I will play devils advocate and put my white nationalist hat on..

The main problem with hispanics is the illegals. There is no situation with them that parallels black environmental change such as detroit and baltimore.

Hispanics are also easier to absorb culturaly and geneticaly. Most are mestizos and according to the bell curve have a higher I.Q.

*takes devils hat off

Don Cheadle Finds Out Native Americans Owned His Ancestors

I see your point. The problem is that blacks tend to come with more problems for whites than hispanics do.

I will play devils advocate and put my white nationalist hat on..

The main problem with hispanics is the illegals. There is no situation with them that parallels black environmental change such as detroit and baltimore.

Hispanics are also easier to absorb culturaly and geneticaly. Most are mestizos and according to the bell curve have a higher I.Q.

*takes devils hat off

Absolutely. I better think that over.

500,000 white people died fighting to end slavery. % wise it was the bloodiest and most damaging war in the history of the US. Nearly a self inflicted 'white holocaust' if you will.
You're really dumb enough to believe they were fighting for slaves? Think about how little sense that makes.

If the white man was smart he would deflect all hate and violence from the black community towards he Hispanic.

Democrats never helped the African American community like they do the Hispanic.
Hispanics have kicked African Americans out of towns and took over their jobs....
And again the government is willing to provide assistance to foreigners over citizens.
That makes absolutely no sense.

African holocaust = Europeans took a could hundred thousand African prisoners who would have been murdered by their captors, brought them into the civilized world, made them work for a few generations as payment for catching up on 5,000 years of technology and written math/language, and allowed those African prisoners sold by Africans to be the ancestors of millions and millions of their descendants with an opportunity to live in first world conditions.

The lynchings down south were a bad thing. Don't think they killed at the rate of black gangs today, but it was still very bad.

You know why there are so many black Africans and other blacks from around the world in American universities?

There aren't enough qualified American blacks to fill all the spots.

The schools want the percent of black students to equal the same as the population distribution, but there is no way to do that with just American blacks. It is impossible without going outside the country because of how many American blacks don't prioritize education.

The universities are literally begging black students to go to their schools.

University here has huge recruiting events where they bus black high school seniors and their immediate family from all over the state, put them up in a hotel, and over a couple days do everything they can to get them to apply to the college.

University of Cornell? Is there a University of Harvard too?

Bloodworth thinks demographic shifts (in which people voluntarily move away when different people move in) is "kicking people out" and thinks that there are a limited number of jobs available, so that any Hispanic getting a job is stealing it from a black person

Just further proof Bloodworth is one of the worst posters on here

The eventual abandonment of identity politics is going to be part of this country's painful adolescent period where it legitimately matures into an adult nation, if it stays intact in its current form that long. The need for real intellectual discussions, where individuals are evaluated solely based on the cohesiveness and quality of their arguments, will be too strong. Even stronger when you consider the likelihood that this strand of identity politics could basically end up running Trumps' 2020 campaign for him.

Tell us how you realy feel of the Hispanic community

Tell us how you realy feel of the Hispanic community

Not how i Feel, just reporting whats happening.

People are tired of losing jobs, tired of having money being sent out of the country, tired of ms13, and just tired of being killed in car accidents by people never supposed to be there.

Doesn't seen too far fetched

How about just admitting the people with the best grades? It seems so simple....
Honestly that is not the best way to do it.

One of the main reasons Universities exist is to demonstrate the applicability of students for career fields. Its a filtering ground to try and demonstrate the best applicants.

Having a student body that would tend to be 90+% asian who focus on grades beyond all other life metrics does not mean they make the best employees or even best creative thinkers. They can often be anti social misfits.

I would far rather employ someone who grade point average was 5-10% lower but they were the captain of the football team, or a top musician or showed some other balance in their lives.

It is good to have this type of affirmative action, as they do now to help white students and others get top spots in top universities that might otherwise be filled only by asian super grade getters.

I see no issue in focusing on other things beside just grades and having the education system recognize that a person is more than just their grade score.

Back