A radical group of black students calls on the university of Cornell to disfavor immigrants.

Bloodworth thinks demographic shifts (in which people voluntarily move away when different people move in) is "kicking people out" and thinks that there are a limited number of jobs available, so that any Hispanic getting a job is stealing it from a black person

Just further proof Bloodworth is one of the worst posters on here

Low skilled migrants disporportionally take jobs from blacks - it's just a fact.

Low skilled migrants disporportionally take jobs from blacks - it's just a fact.
It's not a fact, and that's why no economist has ever used that line. What low skilled immigrants do is depress wages for low skilled jobs - Completely different. Studies have been done that show that immigrants don't really have an affect on Black employment.

They are negatively affecting Black people by lowering the price of labor but they aren't "stealing" jobs.

It's not a fact, and that's why no economist has ever used that line. What low skilled immigrants do is depress wages for low skilled jobs - Completely different. Studies have been done that show that immigrants don't really have an affect on Black employment.

They are negatively affecting Black people by lowering the price of labor but they aren't "stealing" jobs.

AA unemployment rate would say otherwise.

AA unemployment rate would say otherwise.
They have had high unemployment rates since the 60s. That's a very lazy reply tbh. I would bet that in the Deep South (where very few immigrants live and where a lot of black people live) that black unemployment rates are even worse than in a city full of immigrants.

They have had high unemployment rates since the 60s. That's a very lazy reply tbh. I would bet that in the Deep South (where very few immigrants live and where a lot of black people live) that black unemployment rates are even worse than in a city full of immigrants.

You might want to rethink that last statement, there are some outliers in both:

State........% Illegals.... AA/Hisp/White Unemp%
Cali..............6.0................11.0/7.2/4.4
Nevada........7.2................13.5/7.9/5.0
NY................3.9..................8.2/5.6/3.8
Mass............3.1................10.6/11.9/3.5
Conn............3.4................13.2/nd/3.5

Texas...........6.1..................7.5/5.1/3.6
Tenn............1.9..................7.5/nd/4.8
FL................4.2..................9.0/5.5/4.0
Miss............0.8...................9.4/nd/4.1
AL...............1.3..................10.3/nd/4.1

To the casual eye it would look like the white unemployment rate is always under 5% regardless of where you go. And with the exception of Mass black unemployment is always higher than hispanic unemployment.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/interactives/unauthorized-immigrants/

http://www.epi.org/publication/stat...-at-the-end-of-2015-show-a-plodding-recovery/

They could have had a serious discussion about colleges in general — in the US and elsewhere — competing over foreign students while neglecting local populations, but they had to single out black immigrants for stealing their social justice niche and throw in the holocaust stuff.

The sincerity isn't there. A couple of aspiring journalists/attorneys trying to launch their cartoonish public personas? You start to develop a sixth sense for that stuff.

The liberal tendency to just nod in agreement with buzzwords has created an amazing venue for lucrative trolling.

Last edited:
You might want to rethink that last statement, there are some outliers in both:

State........% Illegals.... AA/Hisp/White Unemp%
Cali..............6.0................11.0/7.2/4.4
Nevada........7.2................13.5/7.9/5.0
NY................3.9..................8.2/5.6/3.8
Mass............3.1................10.6/11.9/3.5
Conn............3.4................13.2/nd/3.5

Texas...........6.1..................7.5/5.1/3.6
Tenn............1.9..................7.5/nd/4.8
FL................4.2..................9.0/5.5/4.0
Miss............0.8...................9.4/nd/4.1
AL...............1.3..................10.3/nd/4.1

To the casual eye it would look like the white unemployment rate is always under 5% regardless of where you go. And with the exception of Mass black unemployment is always higher than hispanic unemployment.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/interactives/unauthorized-immigrants/

http://www.epi.org/publication/stat...-at-the-end-of-2015-show-a-plodding-recovery/
Regardless, there isn't any proof that illegals "steal" black jobs and from your link:
Of the states where the black unemployment rate has recovered, only Texas, New York, New Jersey, and Tennessee have black unemployment rates lower than the national average for blacks The black unemployment rate remains most elevated above its pre-recession level in Alabama (5.1 percentage points higher).

Immigration hubs such as Texas, NY, and NJ have lower unemployment rates for Blacks and Alabama with a low illegal/Hispanic population is where Blacks are suffering the most

You will never hear economists repeat that "stealing jerbs" line

You can pick and choose many reasons why we should be against illegal immigration but "stealing jobs" isn't one of them. Depressing wages, enforcing the law, controlling who enters, take off the burden their children put on school systems, etc. but not taking or stealing jobs.

Jobs are not finite and immigrants moving into an area also creates more consumers (which creates more business) and some immigrants also open their own businesses

This isn't a situation in which immigrants move in and nothing changes except for competition of jobs.

Let me get this right. These Africans are so sharp they arrived in America and became part of the patriarchy then used intersectionality to take advantage of the less privileged.

These dudes are sharp.

Regardless, there isn't any proof that illegals "steal" black jobs and from your link:

Immigration hubs such as Texas, NY, and NJ have lower unemployment rates for Blacks and Alabama with a low illegal/Hispanic population is where Blacks are suffering the most

You will never hear economists repeat that "stealing jerbs" line

You can pick and choose many reasons why we should be against illegal immigration but "stealing jobs" isn't one of them. Depressing wages, enforcing the law, controlling who enters, take off the burden their children put on school systems, etc. but not taking or stealing jobs.

Jobs are not finite and immigrants moving into an area also creates more consumers (which creates more business) and some immigrants also open their own businesses

This isn't a situation in which immigrants move in and nothing changes except for competition of jobs.

Is Cali not an immigration hub? 11%AA / 4.4% white unemployment.

I don't know what to make of Nevada having so many illegals, I assume Las Vegas, but of the 4 highest states with the highest % of illegals, the 2 southern ones have lower AA unemployment. Remember this was your post.

I would bet that in the Deep South (where very few immigrants live and where a lot of black people live) that black unemployment rates are even worse than in a city full of immigrants.

So Miss, FL, and Bama are all below Cali.

I agree that the bigger concern is the suppression of wages and resources needed in schools.

The left confuses me: jobs aren't finite, but money (ability to earn) is.

As a lifelong racist, I have to say that I appreciate all dem minoritiz fightin wit each udda

Back