Xbox A recommendation for xbox one/360 users. SPLIT SECOND!

IamStryker

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am making this thread because not only do I really like this game but you can right now get it for free using games with Gold!

The game is called Split Second. It's an arcade racer that gives you the ability to blow up the environment and trigger awesome set piece disasters in order to destroy your opponents as well as open up new routes and short cuts on the map. I normally do not play car games. Stuff like Gran Turismo does not interest me. But these arcade type games that let me shoot or blow up my opponents I really love. When I was a kid I liked twisted metal a lot and games that are more along those lines tend to appeal to me. Now if only they would make Blur backwards compatible.....

Found my old thread lol. Guess no one was interested in this game. After playing it sporadically over the years I finally got first place in every race. Really sad no sequel was made.

Found my old thread lol. Guess no one was interested in this game. After playing it sporadically over the years I finally got first place in every race. Really sad no sequel was made.
IIRC, it was generally well received by critics, but was pretty much dead on arrival. It just tanked for some reason. It's hard for a new IP to make a dent in the racing landscape. I believe at the time that "Burnout" and "NFS" were going pretty hard. I think the other game you mentioned "Blur", ran into a similar wall.

Racing is such niche genre. It's hard to break into the mainstream with it as a platform.

Back