A simple quston...

H.White

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just wanted to ask you guys' opinion before I go ahead and purchase this pair of Cleto Reyes.
So I recently I was looking for another pair of gloves, and came across a dealer who was selling a pair of Cleto Reyes for a fairly cheap price. So I immediately contacted him and asked him to give me some more photos (since he only had 2 uploaded.)
Looking at the gloves it was fine (except for a big wrinkles on the left hand glove), but it looked somewhat different/old. The logos were weird, the laces, and just overall it lookef wierd. So I asked him how old the gloves were and he said "8 years old, and I swapped the laces, Never used it though). I am pretty sure these gloves are "authentic" but is it worth to get a 8 year old glove? or should I just not bother??
I would post pics but don't know how to... those who really want to help me I could email you the photos I got from him.
Thank you guys! appreciate your time!

No one f*cks like Quston

No one fights like Quston

Do you have a link to the sale? It's strange that someone would have gloves for 8 years, go through the hassle of swapping out the laces, only to never use them. Seems a bit sketchy to me but if we can see the pictures we could hopefully give you a better answer.

Also in the review section of the website there's a raffle going on where you could win a pair of cleto reyes for only $18. Might be worth checking out

Hey guys! I just wanted to ask you guys' opinion before I go ahead and purchase this pair of Cleto Reyes.
So I recently I was looking for another pair of gloves, and came across a dealer who was selling a pair of Cleto Reyes for a fairly cheap price. So I immediately contacted him and asked him to give me some more photos (since he only had 2 uploaded.)
Looking at the gloves it was fine (except for a big wrinkles on the left hand glove), but it looked somewhat different/old. The logos were weird, the laces, and just overall it lookef wierd. So I asked him how old the gloves were and he said "8 years old, and I swapped the laces, Never used it though). I am pretty sure these gloves are "authentic" but is it worth to get a 8 year old glove? or should I just not bother??
I would post pics but don't know how to... those who really want to help me I could email you the photos I got from him.
Thank you guys! appreciate your time!
If you're sure they're legit, I'd buy. Especially if they're an earlier model. If you provide a link I will buy them...

Do you have a link to the sale? It's strange that someone would have gloves for 8 years, go through the hassle of swapping out the laces, only to never use them. Seems a bit sketchy to me but if we can see the pictures we could hopefully give you a better answer.

Also in the review section of the website there's a raffle going on where you could win a pair of cleto reyes for only $18. Might be worth checking out
I would love to give you a link but its not online (I met him through like a friend of mine) so I only have the photos, I could give it to you if you want, I would need your email though

If you're sure they're legit, I'd buy. Especially if they're an earlier model. If you provide a link I will buy them...
Hmmm really? Wouldn't the 8 years time already affected the glove a bit.. Idk that's why I'm kind of like meh about it

Hey @H.White - Thank you for sending me the pictures, I wanted to reply here so others could correct me if I'm mistaken. The gloves you sent are the hybrid trainers, the ones that have both laces and hook and loop. If I remember correctly, Reyes only started selling these several years ago, 2013 I think, so that rules out them being 8 years old.

While the pictures look pretty good, stitching still in tact, no visible scratches, I still have my doubts that they've never been used. Depending on how much he's selling them for, I think you're taking a risk. I'm not sure where you live, but in the US, you can get a new pair of these for $125. If he's selling them for anything more than half of that amount, I don't think I would pull the trigger.

Would love to hear others thoughts on this though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back