A warm reminder to the Loma Haters: Pedraza landed more punches on Tank in 7 rounds at higher %

I don't know, Lomachenko was a little underwhelming relative to expectations. Showing better defense than Gervonta Davis did at the age of 22 in his first step up in competition should come as a surprise to no one and isn't really something for a guy of Lomachenko's quality and reputation to take pride in.

Sounds like an excuse not supported by him pre fight or his own doctor.
No it's a fact that he only boxed him one arm. At worst it may have been that he didn't have the confidence to throw hooks with his lead against Pedraza BUT it's a fact that he beat him using only one arm, self-inflicted or not.

EDIT: just watched a post match interview with Lomachenko. And the reporter asked him how his shoulder was and he said it was 100% and that he threw just a couple of right hooks with it. So that means he elected not to use it on purpose in this fight rather than it being injured. Good news.

Here's the interview timestamped:

Last edited:
No it's a fact that he only boxed him one arm. At worst it may have been that he didn't have the confidence to throw hooks with his lead against Pedraza BUT it's a fact that he beat him using only one arm, self-inflicted or not.

EDIT: just watched a post match interview with Lomachenko. And the reporter asked him how his shoulder was and he said it was 100% and that he threw just a couple of right hooks with it. So that means he elected not to use it on purpose in this fight rather than it being injured. Good news.

Here's the interview timestamped:

<WellThere>

Yeah indeed. So now we know why he put in a 'mediocre' performance. Pretty impressive he was able to win nearly every round using only one arm, I think you'll agree.

Yeah indeed. So now we know why he put in a 'mediocre' performance. Pretty impressive he was able to win nearly every round using only one arm, I think you'll agree.
He won the fight, so I don't see the need to make excuses.

He'll beat Tank.
yeah I don't think Loma beats Mikey (it's possible but I lean towards Mikey) but Tank? Nah we need to see Tank beat up better names than Pedraza and Cuellar before I think he has a chance to beat Mikey. Somebody like Berchelt will be a good test.

yeah I don't think Loma beats Mikey (it's possible but I lean towards Mikey) but Tank? Nah we need to see Tank beat up better names than Pedraza and Cuellar before I think he has a chance to beat Mikey. Somebody like Berchelt will be a good test.
I don't think Loma beats beats Mikey either. I think he's too small. Who knows Mikey might take a career changing beating against Spence.

I think Loma will beat Tank easily. I don't care what he looked like in this fight. Overall he looks a lot better than Tank.

I don't think Loma beats beats Mikey either. I think he's too small. Who knows Mikey might take a career changing beating against Spence.

I think Loma will beat Tank easily. I don't care what he looked like in this fight. Overall he looks a lot better than Tank.
Yeah, Mikey is bigger, has great timing and pretty good at adapting, I see that as a big issue for Loma. That said, Spence is gonna beat the dogpiss out of Mikey. He could just end up never being the same after that, so I'll have to see how he looks before I'm willing to bet on a Loma/Mikey matchup. I bet we start hearing excuses about how Loma beat "a shell of Mikey" if Loma beats Mikey after Spence does.

Loma is definitely better than Tank, even Pedraza said so. Even Tank at his best (and I think tank is talented) is just terribly suited to beat Loma.

He won the fight, so I don't see the need to make excuses.
As you said he won it in 'mediocre' fashion, I'm highlighting one of the reasons why he looked 'mediocre'. Of course he's not going to look that great if he's only fighting with one arm.

lol, you're arguing stats of a guy who got knocked out? Weird flex but ok.

I'm surprised no one else is talking about how wrong the punch stats were. They said 7% for pedroza at one point and the announcers were too shocked to even talk about it.

Oh and Loma will embarrass Tank.

Its beyond ridiculous.

He is the best talent out right now by a fair margin.

Absolutely and he’s a class act as well! It’s difficult not to like him in or out of the ring

We all have our favourites, and have a few fighters we dig out, but it is a mystery why he is hated in any way. Boxing fans can be a strange bunch!

A friendly reminder Tank did not wait 9-10 rounds to commit to his punches, which will cause you to have a looser defense. While Loma was playing patty cake with Pedraza, and fainting at each other none stop for most of the fight..

I love Loma but dishonest punch stats and judging isn't something I like. I watched the Pedraza fight, those punch stats are a joke and so is the idea of 9-2 scoring. Padraza was winning for a few rounds and clearly connecting more.

Back